Ableton Live 10 Suite Re-Enable Automation is driving me a little nuts :o

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, hope you're well,

Simple scenario, I create a new project, insert NI Massive (attempted this with the AU and VST version) to a MIDI track and automate the cutoff. I made sure not to change the Cutoff after the automation was put in place.

Each time I re-open the project, I see a dotted line with a static value for the cutoff in my automation and Re-Enable Automation must be clicked so that the automation is heard.

Is there any way to tell Live to "just use the automation and don't force me to hit that button"? This feature honestly makes no sense to me!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Fotis

Yeah, that's an annoyance for sure. It's happened to me on a couple (critical) projects! The best thing I've found is this Max for Live device that automatically re-enables automation, put it on one channel as a MIDI effect:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... automation

this is a thing that's been happening for years, as far as i can tell its only massive that it affects.

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:48 am Yeah, that's an annoyance for sure. It's happened to me on a couple (critical) projects! The best thing I've found is this Max for Live device that automatically re-enables automation, put it on one channel as a MIDI effect:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... automation
Awesome, thanks for the tip!
mutantdog wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:14 am this is a thing that's been happening for years, as far as i can tell its only massive that it affects.
Oh, I wasn't aware this was mostly specific to Massive. I'll definitely be sure to try out a few other plugins to confirm. Thanks heaps for the reply!

mutantdog wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:14 am this is a thing that's been happening for years, as far as i can tell its only massive that it affects.
I had problems too with Synthmaster and if I remember right with plugins from Melda

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”