If you could only own ONE Kontakt instrument (ambient)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

probably the soniccouture gamelan

Haunted Spaces is brilliant. I've been listening to the demos alot lately, waiting to see if it fits my end of year basket, but now I'm contemplating Geosonics as well ;)

tristan- wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:27 am Haunted Spaces is brilliant. I've been listening to the demos alot lately, waiting to see if it fits my end of year basket, but now I'm contemplating Geosonics as well ;)
With Geosonics you‘ll get all the underlying field recordings as well (if that‘s worth something for you)

VOTOX XS
https://vstbuzz.com/store/votox-xs/
A great value at $11.

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:11 am I would tell you but I like to keep my ambient production tips to myself. It's really all about the sound and if I told you my secret tools then you'd be able to easily create the amazing sound that I am able to achieve.
This is a really bad and arrogant attitude, if you don’t care to share, why bother posting?

frank1985 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:30 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:11 am I would tell you but I like to keep my ambient production tips to myself. It's really all about the sound and if I told you my secret tools then you'd be able to easily create the amazing sound that I am able to achieve.
This is a really bad and arrogant attitude, if you don’t care to share, why bother posting?
If you cannot detect a humorous post yet, perhaps you should hang out a bit more until you learn to have some fun. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:46 am
frank1985 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:30 am
If you cannot detect a humorous post yet, perhaps you should hang out a bit more until you learn to have some fun. :D
Lol, sorry, I’ve been on gearslutz for far too long :dog:

Most ambient and dark ambient stuff I have in my listening rotation or hear on internet stations like Drone Zone relies on space being created by big reverbs with long, modulated tails. The sounds are usually fairly minimal. I have Geosonics and think it is worth it for the Chris Watson recordings. It is certainly a good source for creating ambient spaces. I don’t have Haunted Spaces. It seems more “cinematic” to me, but again it might be worth it just to have the Chris Watson recordings in an instrument.

I like the suggestion for Spitfire Albion V Tundra. I was initially going to suggest a good orchestral library. I would also have a look at their libraries that use their “eDNA” engine like Albion 1 and eDNA Earth. The latter has more processed sounds and is HUGE. Exploring its depth fully can consume huge amounts of time and the eDNA engine has enough combination power to keep you busy forever.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

^^ Thanks for the suggestions...I find that with Kontakt there is a lot of dross out there and so it helps to have pointers for the gold in the dirt. Geosonics is the best I’ve heard so far in the demos....will definitely be checking out more of the soniccouture stuff as well as the spitfire orchestras

as to the difference between Geosonics and Haunted Spaces, the latter can also be set to 'Backdrop' where the original recordings are untampered with.
The design is quite different, however.

Yes to the SC and ArtVera libraries - this also looks interesting but unfortunately not on sale

https://slateandash.com/collections/fro ... ucts/auras

Maybe check Homegrown Sounds site. I've gotten a few there that I really love:

https://hgsounds.com/product-category/kontakt/

I got both Geosonics and Haunted Spaces in the end :) Plus Ethno World 6. All on discount. Still have my eye on Albion V Tundra though which i'll probably nab in the xmas sale
Last edited by frank1985 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:14 am VOTOX XS
https://vstbuzz.com/store/votox-xs/
A great value at $11.
I got this and thanks! It is very good. I really like how it randomizes!

Return to “Instruments”