Creative solutions to EQing two fundamentals?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a bass note playing on say C and D and I have slightly boosted the fundamental of the C but it obviously sounds odd on the D.

Short of automating the EQ adjustment in the required 16ths is there anything I’m not considering?

I’ve considered sampling each note and resequencing. This is what I’ll be trying tonight unless any other creative solutions arise.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I think dynamic EQ's work for this purpose.

If your synth has reasonably flexible filtering, you could boost the fundamental with the resonance of a high-pass filter set to full keytracking.

Functional wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 pm I think dynamic EQ's work for this purpose.
I will check a few out, thanks. I didn't know such a thing existed.

cron wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 pm If your synth has reasonably flexible filtering, you could boost the fundamental with the resonance of a high-pass filter set to full keytracking.
Yes, absolutely. You've just given me the solution at source. I'm using Serum which allows me to isolate the fundamental and edit separately. Should of thought of that before :dog:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 pm
cron wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 pm If your synth has reasonably flexible filtering, you could boost the fundamental with the resonance of a high-pass filter set to full keytracking.
Yes, absolutely. You've just given me the solution at source. I'm using Serum which allows me to isolate the fundamental and edit separately. Should of thought of that before :dog:
You probably want to use this method rather than dynamic EQ especially if you don't have dynamic EQ at your disposal. Even otherwise, I'd first try fixing it with the keytracked HPF resonance as it's actually a handy method and only if it doesn't work, I'd see about dynamic EQ. I just forgot about the HPF resonance.

Functional wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:19 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 pm
You probably want to use this method rather than dynamic EQ especially if you don't have dynamic EQ at your disposal. Even otherwise, I'd first try fixing it with the keytracked HPF resonance as it's actually a handy method and only if it doesn't work, I'd see about dynamic EQ. I just forgot about the HPF resonance.
Great advice. Will give it a shot tonight 8)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”