1%
Studio One
13%
Other?
6%

Total votes: 634

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Logic and demoing Bitwig, hope to phase out Logic entirely soon and go all the way Bitwig, my partner is up to it, really want to get into touch/tablet mode with it and work on the go with such an ease, that's massive pro in my book.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Which tablet do you want to use with it?

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 pm Which tablet do you want to use with it?
Have me eyes set on second hand HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G3 i5, around 250 euros.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Aye. Welcome to the dark (Windows) side. :D

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:32 pm Aye. Welcome to the dark (Windows) side. :D
:hug: :hihi:

-Logic for midi and composing
-Reaper for arranging, audio editing, routing and buidling crazy FX stuff.
-Akai MPC for Beats and Bass, but currently rather seldom. Maybe I plan to sell it.

Currently demoing Ableton and if they would do a sale campaign at Black Friday I probably would shoot it.

Renoise

Ableton Live all the way!

AndyMusician wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 am Ableton Live all the way!
I'm going this way it seems! I'm using it mainly now. Pity, my nektar P4 doesn't integrate well with it like with Cubase. But to be frank with myself, I don't need Cubase and P4 as my workflow is easy but effective with Ableton Live. So, I'm looking to sell them soon I guess.

I might get Push 2 with Live 10 Suite later, but they are not necessary upgrade from Live 9 Standard with several small midi controllers for me :)

Bitwig is easily my favorite environment to work in...

and Logic is my second DAW that fills in some gaps Bitwig doesn't handle yet.

Cubase for a long time now (almost since the beginning).
If I make it to Cubase 10 I think I get a new car or something...

Zexila wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 pm Logic and demoing Bitwig, hope to phase out Logic entirely soon and go all the way Bitwig, my partner is up to it, really want to get into touch/tablet mode with it and work on the go with such an ease, that's massive pro in my book.
As a Surface Pro 4 user, I need to say I was surprised with Live 10 working better with touch than Bitwig 2.4 for me, despite the latter having a dedicated screen profile and smart "ring menu". Bitwig introduced that in 1.2 (or 1.3) and have not touched it since, which is a pity because there's a lot of inconsistencies, strange design choices and flat-out bugs... :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:51 pm
Zexila wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 pm Logic and demoing Bitwig, hope to phase out Logic entirely soon and go all the way Bitwig, my partner is up to it, really want to get into touch/tablet mode with it and work on the go with such an ease, that's massive pro in my book.
As a Surface Pro 4 user, I need to say I was surprised with Live 10 working better with touch than Bitwig 2.4 for me, despite the latter having a dedicated screen profile and smart "ring menu". Bitwig introduced that in 1.2 (or 1.3) and have not touched it since, which is a pity because there's a lot of inconsistencies, strange design choices and flat-out bugs... :(
That's unfortunate, thanks for honest feedback, really appreciate it. :hug:

But anyways, seems like things are progressing faster than we expected in other direction and we are going for Cubase in the end, mostly because I want to move on from Apple and it's next best multi platform all around solution for the job (recording/scoring/mixing/etc).

Zexila wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 amThat's unfortunate, thanks for honest feedback, really appreciate it. :hug:

But anyways, seems like things are progressing faster than we expected in other direction and we are going for Cubase in the end, mostly because I want to move on from Apple and it's next best multi platform all around solution for the job (recording/scoring/mixing/etc).
While you're at it, have a look at Studio One 4 - it's probably not as full featured as Cubase Pro (nothing is), but it's got a really great workflow, much better than Cubase from my experience. During Black Friday it will probably be -50% off, there's -25% cross-grade from almost any other DAW and as of yesterday a rent-to-own via Splice.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:58 am While you're at it, have a look at Studio One 4 - it's probably not as full featured as Cubase Pro (nothing is), but it's got a really great workflow, much better than Cubase from my experience. During Black Friday it will probably be -50% off, there's -25% cross-grade from almost any other DAW and as of yesterday a rent-to-own via Splice.
Thanks for the heads up. :hug:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”