Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WilliamK wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:49 pm New files uploaded. ;-)
Just installed these.
OK, not getting the "Error Creating Internal Instance" but now have other problems with Multi presets.

Load the 'Multi Preset Test' (or any previously saved multi preset).
'Add New Instance' just replaces what is in slot 1.
Clicking on slot 1 (to change what preset is there) does nothing.
Clicking on any slot except 1 removes multi altogether and takes things back to 1--Init.

Ok, just found a 2016 post on the REAPER forum where Justin the man himself says that "REAPER doesn't support bridging VST3 plug-ins at the moment".
This is probably still the case (why would they bother, let's face it, if a plugin is available as vst3 then vst3 64 will be available.
This would explain why my REAPER 64 is not seeing the Wusik VST3 32. So no problem, I wouldn't be using it anyway (was only testing).
Does this agree with what you guys are finding? 64 bit REAPER is not bridging Wusik VST3 32 bit?

Think you are right. 32 bit vsti3 is picked up in Reaper 32 but blacklisted as a bridge in Reaper 64. Likely not the fault of EVE.

(late edit) Saw that new files are there but don't understand what is being addressed. GUI absence of a scroll bar horizontal and vertical is still there for vsti3. Not a big issue for me, just happy that vsti2 64 bit works.

John K

Not a bug, but a request for when it is appropriate taking the time to implement. Goes back to the location of supported vst/vsti programs.

In the same way that we can now get a liberal selection of directories for supported files (6 locations beyond the communal soundset location), we need to have the option to scan several vst or vsti folders to really make EVE a controlling point, gaining strength from the ability to incorporate the power of other third party synths and effects.

Many dll's have fixed locations to make them work. Moving them to EVE's default either breaks many or at minimum, a duplication taking up disc space and redundancy if they do work.

EVE (in my opinion) would benefit from following the model of Reaper, Sonar to have an open ended addition of vst/vsti locations to scan so the program can draw in as many third party resources as needed. Could evolve to a place where EVE is the only synth you would ever need.

Cheers, John K

Cakreshvara wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:40 am In the same way that we can now get a liberal selection of directories for supported files (6 locations beyond the communal soundset location), we need to have the option to scan several vst or vsti folders to really make EVE a controlling point, gaining strength from the ability to incorporate the power of other third party synths and effects.

Many dll's have fixed locations to make them work. Moving them to EVE's default either breaks many or at minimum, a duplication taking up disc space and redundancy if they do work.

EVE (in my opinion) would benefit from following the model of Reaper, Sonar to have an open ended addition of vst/vsti locations to scan so the program can draw in as many third party resources as needed. Could evolve to a place where EVE is the only synth you would ever need.
Sorry to disagree, but I wouldn't follow tgis approach, for severalk reasons:

1. Having to scan several directories on launh may cause a delay in EVE (or any other Wusik instrument) to appear.

2. Many of the plug-ins in common VST directories will be of no interest to EVE (or any Wusik instrument) at all.

3. The more plug-ins you load, the more it is prone to internal errors and crashes.

4. A virtual instrument is not a host. The fact it can host plug-ins should be seen as a feature to be used with caution, IMO. I have several that have this capacity, but use them scarcely. The potential for errors and problems multiplies (see above). Personally, I have no intention to add much to the VSTR plug-ins already there.

5. Spending development time with these details will be taken from things that, IMO, need more atention, like the quality of filters (need some), more filter diversity, better Multi implementation, code optimization (after all, we are still struggling to use the instrument "as is", without messing with external plug-ins), a better sample mapping window (God knows this could use a MUCH BETTER implementation), etc.

6. After these things are sorted, William will have to implement the changes in the other instruments, and WusikStation is his flag instrument, so, it is urgent that it gets these too. Besides, the modulars (Wusik Modular, and Wusik One,) also need desperately some attention.
Fernando (FMR)

Good points, especially regarding load times, stability and if it's there, impact on the rest of the engine and how hard it would be to implement. William's time is critical especially when there are still basic issues to be fixed.

My reason for this is that the function to add other vst/vsti is already there. Spent a long time playing with this and from an end user perspective, 64 bit support, selection of third party libraries, hosting of third party vst/vsti are up there at the top with the upgrade features from EVE 3 to 5.

Was playing with the included mda piano and realized how powerful the hosting feature is, ability to bring in other synths in to blend with the EVE libraries through the fx panel. Added a few synths to the vst location and found that some, like IK Philharmonic require their dll to reside where it is originally installed to.

So my question was, how difficult or easy would it be to have in the options menu the ability to manage some extra locations for support files in addition to the single effects 64 or 32 folders. Add or remove the path as needed. Would this require a deep rewrite or something that could be done on the surface without too much time involved and without messing something up

Your comments are good

Not nothing about bugs or nothing.

Fired up EVE and loaded an Orchestral Lite soundset of French horns.
Filled the other slots with appropriate compliments panned to the left or right to fill things out.
Damn, this thing is good. Cinematic quality once again.

John K

:cool: Txs dude. Sorry I'm slow, I was doing some stuff with the intel compiler, again, but I finally got it working with the latest JUCE version. :party: Now I'm fixing the VST3 Multi-Preset problem, as it turns out VST3 does things in a much different way, so re-loading an instance will take some extra work. But nothing I can't do it. ;-) Today was a day out, as I visited my parents, so I didn't work at all. Tomorrow I will try to fix the rest of stuff. Time to do a list of everything I still need to do for EVE. I'm also making time for Flavours of Lime to finish a skin he's doing, is SUPER GOOD! :hyper: Mine will be secondary them. :hihi:

Thanks again, guys! :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

That's it, make a list, don't panic, one thing at a time, take days off, enjoy life.

Like Goldglob says...

WilliamK wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:02 am I'm also making time for Flavours of Lime to finish a skin he's doing, is SUPER GOOD! :hyper: Mine will be secondary them. :hihi:
I'm glad Flavours of Lime is doung a skin for EVE. I'm a fan of his work. If he has time and will, get a new skin for Modulkar and One too. I was using the Black Grass skin of Vera Kinder in the Modular 8000, but even the default skin is much better than the one we got in 8008 (which is the same of One).

Those are ugly and seem half done (unfinished work).

I also like the skin of WusikStation v7 more than I like the current WusiStation v8/v9 skin. Actually, that one is my favorite skin of all the ones made by Flavours of Lime for Wusik products.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 am
WilliamK wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:02 am I'm also making time for Flavours of Lime to finish a skin he's doing, is SUPER GOOD! :hyper: Mine will be secondary them. :hihi:
I'm glad Flavours of Lime is doung a skin for EVE. I'm a fan of his work. If he has time and will, get a new skin for Modulkar and One too. I was using the Black Grass skin of Vera Kinder in the Modular 8000, but even the default skin is much better than the one we got in 8008 (which is the same of One).

Those are ugly and seem half done (unfinished work).

I also like the skin of WusikStation v7 more than I like the current WusiStation v8/v9 skin. Actually, that one is my favorite skin of all the ones made by Flavours of Lime for Wusik products.
I too like the Black Grass skin in 8000, it has a sort of depth and dark classyness. The default skin in 8008 and Wusik One looks like the sort of mild coffee coloured bland designs of polite household ware.
At least some colour options would be good.

goldglob wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:02 am I too like the Black Grass skin in 8000, it has a sort of depth and dark classyness. The default skin in 8008 and Wusik One looks like the sort of mild coffee coloured bland designs of polite household ware.
At least some colour options would be good.
A flat skin in a modular, which has a GUI potentially confusing right from the beginning, is a bad option, IMO. A skeumorphic GUI adds dimension, helping visually the user to find its path among all the many controllers at his/her disposal. Changing colors will not solve this. Just my 2 cents, of course :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Oh, ok, I will think on something for Wusik 8008 and Wusik One skins. :dog:

Anyone knows a site that helps create ToDo lists that is nice for us all to use?

Yesterday I decided to get a new SSD HD for my old computer, the one I use, so I will install Windows 10 fresh instead of cloning it. I may take 2 days for that, but at least it will perform faster for compilations and other things. :cool: Just so you know what I'm doing...

Cheers, WilliamK

WusikStation v7.png
THIS is what I consider a great skin. Everything meaningful is immediately at site and available, and the color scheme is simply great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”