Cubase 9.5 still available to purchase?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is it still possible to buy the discounted upgrade from Cubase 9 to 9.5 from anywhere?

Isn't it only SB who sells upgrades?
And I am pretty sure they won't still be selling it.
However a 10 license will surely run 9.5 and before if indeed it is you prefer to run 9.5.
rsp
sound sculptist

Musician's Friend has a page for it, for the lower 48 states. "Cornwall" would not appear to be US, though.

Yes, a current Cubase license will allow you to run any older version. All of the older versions are available to download from Steinberg's ftp site (yes, that is still a thing).

Ideally I want Cubase 10 but buy the discounted 9.5 upgrade which would also give me 10 for free. However, it would appear I'm too late for this offer!?

Steinberg has replaced the 9.5 upgrade page with the 10 upgrade page.

dickiefunk wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 pm Ideally I want Cubase 10 but buy the discounted 9.5 upgrade which would also give me 10 for free. However, it would appear I'm too late for this offer!?
Sorry, too late. This forum has been blowing up with talk of the imminent release of v10 for the past couple days. That was the small window of opportunity anyone had to upgrade to 9.5.

Though, as previously mentioned, you'll still be able to download and run any lower version under the v10 license.

I bought 9.5 from guitar center today for $59 and received the license for 10 when I activated the code in e-licenser. It is still available online and you receive code soon. Mine arrived within an hour.
Bob B.
Founder
dawtopia.com
Music Production Blog for Stage | Studio | Digital Audio Workstation
Helping Musicians Make Great Music, That's What We Do!

Interesting.
Indeed.
rsp
sound sculptist

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 pm Yes, a current Cubase license will allow you to run any older version. All of the older versions are available to download from Steinberg's ftp site (yes, that is still a thing).
Where would that ftp-thing be, please?

What I saw on MySteinberg was just a small downloader file which I assume is just what download manager needs, or something.

I'd like to store away a full installer of current 9.5, or the 32-bit version of Cubase 8.x.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to access the GuitarCentre website from the U.K. so I can’t get this deal :(
Wondering if there’s anywhere else I’ve missed?

lfm wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 am
thejonsolo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 pm Yes, a current Cubase license will allow you to run any older version. All of the older versions are available to download from Steinberg's ftp site (yes, that is still a thing).
Where would that ftp-thing be, please?

What I saw on MySteinberg was just a small downloader file which I assume is just what download manager needs, or something.

I'd like to store away a full installer of current 9.5, or the 32-bit version of Cubase 8.x.
I just upgraded to 9.5 (and then 10) so I used the Download Manager for 10 and it downloads the full install. It seems you have to do the same for 9.5

For 8.0 you can get the full installer here:
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id= ... _pro_8&L=1

I got to that page from the drop down menu here under Download Software.
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html

dickiefunk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:33 am Unfortunately it’s not possible to access the GuitarCentre website from the U.K. so I can’t get this deal :(
Use a VPN, that might work.
Bob B.
Founder
dawtopia.com
Music Production Blog for Stage | Studio | Digital Audio Workstation
Helping Musicians Make Great Music, That's What We Do!

brozobob wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:07 pm
dickiefunk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:33 am Unfortunately it’s not possible to access the GuitarCentre website from the U.K. so I can’t get this deal :(
Use a VPN, that might work.
Sorry, I don't know what a VPN is?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”