Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why don"t you modulars tell us a little about how you use it then? Do you make samples or snippets from recordings or do you make eksperimental music in one take where you perform with evolving variations and patching?

IncarnateX wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm Why don"t you modulars tell us a little about how you use it then? Do you make samples or snippets from recordings or do you make eksperimental music in one take where you perform with evolving variations and patching?
hmmm. i wonder if there's anywhere here at kvr that may already have the answers...

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 am The question then becomes why? What's the point of creating "something cool"? i.e. Where does that lead to?
It leads to a recording! The point is to enjoy the process and sometimes, to make some extra income. And why? Well, it's the instrument with which I'm most familiar. I also play other instruments though, just not very well.

Why do you choose to make music on a boat? I'm actually kinda fascinated by that. I spent a lot of time sailing when I was younger. But I would be terrified about corrosion and oxidation on my equipment. :o

IncarnateX wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm Why don"t you modulars tell us a little about how you use it then? Do you make samples or snippets from recordings or do you make eksperimental music in one take where you perform with evolving variations and patching?
Not all of the stuff I record would be classified as experimental, but the recordings are often the result of experiment. I hope that makes sense. It's like improvisation that way.
Sometimes I record samples or phrases or in some cases, I do whole pieces in a single take (see the "synth videos" link in my signature). Lately I've been doing sound design for clients who have pretty specific ideas of the types of sounds they want, so I have to take notes and approach things more methodically.

cgnat wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 am Image
This is the best kind of studio pic, IMO!

IncarnateX wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm Why don"t you modulars tell us a little about how you use it then?
why dont you pay attention when that happens?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Last edited by Aloysius on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hahaha thanks for your comments about the kitty, it is sometimes really hard to do anything at all with both the mouse and the keyboard hanging on the edge :hihi:

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:41 pm
cgnat wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 am Image
This is the best kind of studio pic, IMO!
ive been thinking about adding a couple of kitties to the studio
been a while now since buzz never came home. think im ready :)

^ :hug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:44 pm
IncarnateX wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm Why don"t you modulars tell us a little about how you use it then?
why dont you pay attention when that happens?

Why don't you go get old and weary somewhere else than KVR? You just don't, right? See?
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Two of my favorite studio cats:
Andromeda

Orion

Note, these are pretty old pictures.

Shweet. :)

Analog warmth = happy cat.
Image Image Image Image

you are aware that a modular can be used for so much more than those two things?
theres a world in between.

also, you use sequencers to control other gear don't you?
using multiple sequencers/synths layered to make a track?
i could if i wished do that with this rig, i currently have 4 separate sequencers(21 outputs) available, which can run at different rates or in time with each other...
i have mixers where i can fade layers in and out...
i have several output options...
i have various oscillators, couple of samplers, few filter options...

or i can feed everything in to one chain of filters and create wall shaking noise

i don't do "one or the other", i do whatever i feel like when i feel like it :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”