Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 pm Less chat more cats! ...or studio pics. Whichever.
How about dogs lol.. my baby Ava loves music too haha

Oh and well I'm all set up for a Jam on desk 1 tonight, can't get nothing else on this desk hence I'll be renovating the room for my other gear, I got the Beatstep Pro going nicely I have another one to control the Pulse 2 Blofeld and TR8s whilst the Digitakt will take care of Quantum and a few other mono synths.

LIGHTS OFF :lol:

LIGHTS ON :tu:

With the Obligatory Budweiser of course :love:

Rob

Hink wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:18 pm can we get back to the topic please?
I am in, if anyone would plz remind of the topic apart from posting pictures of your studio?

I have posted a few, BONES suggests that he does not want to work the way I do, and that he is skeptic towards my praised hardware denoiser, but do I engage him as if I need to justify myself or as if I get offended by his views? Do I wah-wah about it? Not at all, I just explain him well aware that it will not change his mind. A little opinionated colors are fine with me. It adds good spice to this thread. I know where BONES is coming from and why he would think of gear like he does. It’s not rocket science. People are free to foe list him but I would like him to stay and be BONES. He is a mate, not a foe, some of you have not just realised yet, even after several decades at KVR.

And of course, just showing up to tell how awful the thread is seems a somewhat worn approach around KVR, doesn’t it? I prefer status quo to this surely.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

im not offended by bones views.
i just don't care what he thinks.

rob_lee wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 pm
justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 pm Less chat more cats! ...or studio pics. Whichever.
How about dogs lol.. my baby Ava loves music too haha

Rob

that's a cute dog!

if i could commit to walking a dog, id have a dog as well as cats.
sadly with my bones its not feasible :(

IncarnateX wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:18 pm can we get back to the topic please?
I am in, if anyone would plz remind of the topic apart from posting pictures of your studio?

I have posted a few, BONES suggests that he does not want to work the way I do, and that he is skeptic towards my praised hardware denoiser, but do I engage him as if I need to justify myself or as if I get offended by his views? Do I wah-wah about it? Not at all, I just explain him well aware that it will not change his mind. A little opinionated colors are fine with me. It adds good spice to this thread. I know where BONES is coming from and why he would think of gear like he does. It’s not rocket science. People are free to foe list him but I would like him to stay and be BONES. He is a mate, not a foe, some of you have not just realised yet, even after several decades at KVR.

And of course, just showing up to tell how awful the thread is seems a somewhat worn approach around KVR, doesn’t it? I prefer status quo to this surely.
really? I dont want to get woke up from reports because you think you need to bicker with WR, so you can just end it there. I am now considering locking the thread and removing alll that crap. So why dont you stop being a smart ass and let me do what I have to do, stay on topic or stay out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:55 pm im not offended by bones views.
i just don't care what he thinks.
+1
:borg:

Really Hink? I was not targeting you here but the fact that WR showed up to just to complain about BONES, while people where dealing with it all right, IMO. Sorry if this has led to any misunderstandings or offence by quoting your wish to return to the topic. WR did first blood here. I was not addressing him either when he started his usual patronizing attitudes.

Great pics Rob! Hopefully the puppers doesn't like to sit on keyboards as my fur babies do. :hihi:

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:28 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 am The question then becomes why? What's the point of creating "something cool"? i.e. Where does that lead to?
It leads to a recording! The point is to enjoy the process and sometimes, to make some extra income. And why? Well, it's the instrument with which I'm most familiar. I also play other instruments though, just not very well.

Why do you choose to make music on a boat? I'm actually kinda fascinated by that. I spent a lot of time sailing when I was younger. But I would be terrified about corrosion and oxidation on my equipment. :o
It also makes me wonder, do none of these guys have eargasms?
I can tweak sounds for hours with no intent other than the pure pleasure of listening to the results.

Why do people do jigsaw puzzles?

Bones attitude seems completely utilitarian, I dont think he actually enjoys the process or soundwaves
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 pm
It also makes me wonder, do none of these guys have eargasms?
I can tweak sounds for hours with no intent other than the pure pleasure of listening to the results.
even sitting back and letting the machines take over for a bit :borg: :phones:

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:36 pm even sitting back and letting the machines take over for a bit :borg: :phones:
See thats why I nearly failed my job interview, I miss out the important bits :roll:
The joy of not knowing whats going to happen next and it sounding awesome (to my ears) all the same
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I was saying to stay on topic to everyone, you quoted me and then suggested "And of course, just showing up to tell how awful the thread is seems a somewhat worn approach around KVR, doesn’t it? I prefer status quo to this surely." I do not see any indication what so ever that that was not directed at me, no where in your post do you mention WR. I suppose you cant see the "status quo" part as basically telling me bickering is part of the status quo and you prefer that to my request of staying on topic. In other words my stopping in to say stay on topic is akin to saying the thread is awful, you would rather it stay awful without a mod stepping in.

So either my assumption is right or you just simply refused to honor my request until you could slip in a final veiled dig. Either way I dont appreciate it.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 pm I was saying to stay on topic to everyone, you quoted me and then suggested "And of course, just showing up to tell how awful the thread is seems a somewhat worn approach around KVR, doesn’t it? I prefer status quo to this surely." I do not see any indication what so ever that that was not directed at me, no where in your post do you mention WR. I suppose you cant see the "status quo" part as basically telling me bickering is part of the status quo and you prefer that to my request of staying on topic. In other words my stopping in to say stay on topic is akin to saying the thread is awful, you would rather it stay awful without a mod stepping in.

So either my assumption is right or you just simply refused to honor my request until you could slip in a final veiled dig. Either way I dont appreciate it.
Of course it was not directed at you, I should have said “like WR did” so I take the blame for the misunderstanding. Status quo referred to the situation with Bones before WR showed up. I was completely implicit here and did a classic quoting error. Apologize. Of course I will honor your request. I have no interest in WR whatsoever but I am tired of his jumping in and out of threads to accidentally target me or others as if this is the only thing he really does.

thank you

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 pm It also makes me wonder, do none of these guys have eargasms?
I am not sure who “these guys” are but as far I am concerned you can use any instrument you like that I do not and I will even listen to your reasons for using it though it has nothing to do with my goals. Futher, I do not find any recordings of any source alienating as part of music, may that be layering of footsteps or complex mash ups of modular sounds.

And as far as puzzles concerns, a modular guy on Gearslutz told that he often did not bother recording at all but would rather see his works as sand mandalas to be erased when done. Now that is one fitting philosophy for sure that excludes deep concern for patch memory.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”