Arturia - Black Friday 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't demo. I checked out the samples on the Arturia site. Sorry I didn't mean to insult it, I just meant that it kind of seems in the same ballpark as what I already have with Komplete.

MikeCallon wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:40 pm So from their launch email back in January:

Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive. Get V Collection 6 for 199 US$ instead of 499 US$

So I can only assume that 7 is imminent....and I will never listen to their marketing bull$h1t ever again :cry:
I suppose if you get technical, they could argue $199 vs. $499 is better than $99 vs. $199, but :(

rlared wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 pm I didn't demo. I checked out the samples on the Arturia site. Sorry I didn't mean to insult it, I just meant that it kind of seems in the same ballpark as what I already have with Komplete.
It isn't, IMO. Apples and Oranges.
Fernando (FMR)

I don't like Arturia but this seems like a no brainer.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I don't like Arturia
Care to elaborate? Why is it a no brainer if you don't like Arturia products?

No. Upgrade price.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

fmr wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:50 pm
rlared wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 pm I didn't demo. I checked out the samples on the Arturia site. Sorry I didn't mean to insult it, I just meant that it kind of seems in the same ballpark as what I already have with Komplete.
It isn't, IMO. Apples and Oranges.
Yep - pretty much apples and oranges. I have Komplete 11 and Arturia V5.
They both have strong points, and the only real overlap is with FM stuff (FM8 and DX7 V),
and even those are fairly different.
I tend to use and like the Arturia bundle more.

rezoneight wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm What a bunch of crap. I bought 5->6 last year for $149...the best offer I would ever receive. Now I have an offer to upgrade to $99...when I already have v6 ;)
If you purchased a year ago by $ 149, you have had the ver. 6 in use for few cents a day, comparing those who waited the upgrade until today.

Isn't that quite a good deal?

Tempting but I already have so much to work with and learn now.
:borg:

Worth it in my opinion. Will probably upgrade this weekend. I love playing the waiting game.
<List your stupid gear here>

For $99, I definitely will upgrade from version 5 to 6.

I feel like a total sucker for believing them that $199 was the best price they'd ever offer on the upgrade

Oddly.. I went to the Arturia site, signed in - and saw the $99 upgrade. Selected it, and was taken to a page that said $126.00 for the upgrade? On a hunch, I clicked ok... add to cart and was taken to a cart where it showed $99. Score. No brainer upgrade for me, as I wanted the Piano V2 and DX full edit abilities.

Yes it is fantastic and good move by Arturia!

Cool! It's going to get expensive for me instrument wise this next couple weeks, but I'm pretty happy with them offering the upgrade at $99 finally, it's a way to honor the lower price, and the cool Synclavier upgrade for free a while ago. :)

Return to “Instruments”