Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:13 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 am
rollasoc wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 am I did finally remove 8 and 9 off my machine to make room for 10.
Plus moved all the content to another drive.
Can we move the content after installation? How?
Yes, there's actually an "official" way to do this and it's not Sym links. Steinberg has an app to do just that which installs with Cubase. So...

1. Exit Cubase - you won't be able to move all the content with it open
2. Open the "Steinberg Library Manager" - it's a separate application
3. This shows the Cubase content and has an option to move each library
4. In addition, there are two tabs along the top, one for Halion content, one for Groove Agent content
5. Select the library you want to move, click the move button, and pick destination location
6. And repeat as needed
Thanks. I thought the Library Manager was just for HALion and Groove Agent :tu:
I think it is. I may have misunderstood what content you were trying to move. If so, sorry!

Yes, the Library Manager can only be used for Halion and Groove Agent content, it doesn't move the 10GB of samples that come with Cubase 10. On Windows these samples are located at C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound by default.

I just moved these manually and then started Cubase. It then complained about missing content with an option to locate it. This has to be done for every file so it's a bit of a tedious job, but eventually everything works.

It looks like the library manager is able to move all the content whereas in the past it could only move a few libraries. Yay, good job Steinberg!
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

It's actually well worth investing some time and having a look around your system to understand and know where everything is. You'll be surprised how easy it is to backup. Move and sym link.

MFXxx wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:49 pm It's actually well worth investing some time and having a look around your system to understand and know where everything is. You'll be surprised how easy it is to backup. Move and sym link.
This is bit vague. It is only worth it if you have an SSD and HDD combination or you need to backup parts. If you have SSD and HDD, then you can move files out of your SSD to HDD's by giving it some thought as to what you think you'll be loading on and off in a regular basis. A library that you use every now and then should have less prio inside your SSD than a library you use constantly (as an example).

Does the Yamaha Motif VST editor work in Cubase 10 :?:

Thanks.

So is this the version of Cubase to win over an Ableton Live user?
I used to love the Atari version :)

I think the UI in 10 has more contrast than 9.5, I have reduced vision and it seems a lot brighter and easier to read for me on a 2017 iMac.

So are there any updates for Retrologue/PadShop size/fonts on Mac?

Am I right in saying you can no longer change track or group colour from the track / inspector but just the colour tool in the top tool bar?

ahhhhh alt shift c brings up palette

be nice to close it with same key command though

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am So are there any updates for Retrologue/PadShop size/fonts on Mac?
They both look the same to me.

proteus60 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am
EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am So are there any updates for Retrologue/PadShop size/fonts on Mac?
Oh! They looked bigger in the first videos they showed. Anyway, I can't find the videos today that have Retrologue showing! Maybe they put them somewhere else.

bundoo wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:08 am
ahhhhh alt shift c brings up palette

be nice to close it with same key command though
+3

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 pm
proteus60 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am
Oh! They looked bigger in the first videos they showed. Anyway, I can't find the videos today that have Retrologue showing! Maybe they put them somewhere else.
Not sure, I tried both in 9.5 and 10 and they are the same size so not sure what they showed in the video. I did try at default and 4k screen rez.

Reefius wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:07 pm Yes, the Library Manager can only be used for Halion and Groove Agent content, it doesn't move the 10GB of samples that come with Cubase 10. On Windows these samples are located at C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound by default.

I just moved these manually and then started Cubase. It then complained about missing content with an option to locate it. This has to be done for every file so it's a bit of a tedious job, but eventually everything works.
Just had the problem and solved by copying all the content in the location of my choice, making shortcuts and pasting shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound
Cubase full rescan the content and it's ok.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”