PRODUCTS

For you the best configuration?

If you have others, do not hesitate

Ableton Live 10 / Push 2

Bitwig 2.4 / Push 2

Bitwig 2.4 / Maschine

Live 10 / Push 2
dedication to flying

I much prefer Bitwig to Live... So I have Bitwig and a Push 1... but I mostly stopped using the Push once I got a Linnstrument. I do all my playing on the Linnstrument so don't need Push for that. I actually prefer just to use the mouse and screen for various tasks. I find the visual overview of the project very helpful. At least half the time I am in the linear arrange window and Push isn't so useful for that. So it's been months since I used the Push. And once I am not using it constantly, I forget all the different button pushes to do various things and then it is slower.

Live and Push 2 works overall better together than Bitwig and Push 2. However, the areas where Live works better are not useful/interesting to me, so it wouldn't matter for me (assuming I was using the Push). So you have to take a good look at how you work and what you do to understand what would be a good choice for you.

fl vsti in studio one

I actually don't own this combination, but I think my dream combination would be Live 10 + a NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

Like pdxindy, I don't actually have a real need for all the super integrated features and stuff, but having the mixer visible and adjustable in front of me on the keyboard and small things like that would actually be great. And I need a traditional keyboard for playing. I'm fine with using the mouse for most things.
I don't know if I'd actually use the NKS features, I'd have to try them first.

An Komplete Kontrol keyboard is the next thing I'm trying to save up for after I saved up enough for a new PC (if that ever happens).

Musical Gym wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am fl vsti in studio one
You obviously can write, but can you read as well?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Live + Push2 -> awesome
Bitwig + Push2 -> very good
Bitwig + JAM -> adequate
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Reaper + nektar P4

This is a great combination and made my experience with Reaper much more pleasant. But I prefer the following:

Korg nanoKontrol + microKey + Ableton Live!

A simple, cheap, and portable solution. I use nanoKontrol as Mackie clone to control the mixer while microKey is good enough to play and record (of course mouse + pc keyboard are the other main companions for this setup).

I'm keep watching videos and read the manuals of both Maschine MK3 and Push 2. But not sure they serve me better than my setup. Still I'm keeping an option to have one of them, but I'm leaning more towards Push 2 as I'm using Ableton Live mainly.

I think Ableton 10 + Push 2 would be a great workflow.

I'd love it if Bitwig worked as solidly with Push2 as live, but I just don't want to jump through a bunch of DIY hoops in order to get everything working. I kind of just want the combo to just "work"

I'm getting lazy in my old age
:borg:

With Bitwig, nektar P4/P6 (or any other nektar controller) has a great integration, but I only have Bitwig 8-Track to test.

@VORT3X: I thought you are in your 30's! :-o

Anyway, I'm 52 now and can't say I'm too old, especially here the society is definitely not considering me old :D
I feel more energetic than before due to a healthy life style, so I begin to like playing the beats on my keys instead of using premade patterns, and that is affecting both my workflow and my setup!

It's a chain workflow you know :clown:

Thank you all for your answers.

It seems that the perfect combination, see ultimate, is Ableton Live 10 and Push 2.

When will a dedicated controller for Bitwig, Push 2 style?

Even if the whole Live 10 / Push 2 is dreaming, everything depends on its use.

What makes me a little scared with this kind of infernal duo, if we do not use enough Push 2, do not risk it at a given moment, to lose a good part of the information of use and this fact of have some sort of weariness of re-learning the use of certain Push 2 features.

That with Bitwig for example and a keyboard Nektar, much easier operation, with fewer possibilities it is clear.

For example, is it possible to launch sequences with the Nektar's pads with Live 10?

No! Nektar has the worst support for Live! I think there is a problem between the two companies, but I don't know the details.

In short, if you choose Ableton, skip nektar ;)

Live 10 + Push 1 (picked up cheap when v2 came out) + AKAI MPK25 (+ an old Novation 61 key)

The AKAI integrates well with Live drum racks, less well with rack macros.

Dream setup would probably be Push 2 and one of the new Komplete Kontrol keyboards.

Thank you for the information, very important to report it.

The problem is the same for Bitwig or only for Live?

Yes it is true that this combination would be a mix and an excellent integration, all in one.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”