Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Depends on who it is and in what context.

Ten minutes after I read that Aphex Twin digging the Analog Rytm in an interview, I bought one. And it's still on my desk!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm I don't look for celebrity endorsements but there are some I trust. Andrew Huang although not a household name is a youtube celebrity and he knows and uses all of the hardware and software he endorses. I always pay attention to his observations. The man is crazy productive...
Andrew Huang is great :tu:

I have the utmost respect for Johnny Marr, and by all accounts he's done a top job on the design of his signature Fender Jaguar model. If I had one, I'd still be scratching the bastard's name off it though.

I once purchased a George Foreman grill, absolutely useless as I actually really wanted a George Formby ukelele

nope
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Beazlebug wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm I once purchased a George Foreman grill, absolutely useless as I actually really wanted a George Formby ukelele
i lucked out even worse, ended up with a george formby grill.
can only be used for black pudding.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:52 pm
Beazlebug wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm I once purchased a George Foreman grill, absolutely useless as I actually really wanted a George Formby ukelele
You could try grilling peawet.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:53 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:52 pm
You could try grilling peawet.
ee, nah, thar would mek a reet mess.

The irony of it is, the only reason I know who Jordan Rudess and BT are is because they endorse so many products :hihi:

I don't care about celebrity endorsements, but a good word in a non-sponsored way from a musician I like, or a good demo, might convince me. If Nathan Moody says he likes a particular gadget there's a pretty good chance I will too, and Caterina Barbieri makes me seriously want a Verbos Harmonic Oscillator.

Nope, not one bit of difference.

Luckily I don't come across the "celebrity" thing much because it pretty much disgusts me when I do and I avoid channels that have celebrities. I can't even watch a TED talk without feeling the person talking must be of no interest whatsoever - I know that isn't true, but the "star" format makes me think the speaker is a self seeking wanker who would do anything to be admired.
Last edited by woggle on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nope, I generally have no idea who they are anyway...

Yes.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

A shop just rejected to put our stuff on its shelves because our marketing "without NFRs for celebrities" is "too unprofessional".

Many years ago I downloaded a synth called Vurtbox entirely because of celebrity branding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”