Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought 9.5 after the whole Gibson/Cakewalk/Sonar (but before BandLab) debacle. I've barely scratched the surface with it (since I'm still dividing my time amongst "new" DAWs--to me), but I'm definitely going to get this release.

The only thing keeping me from buying it RIGHT NOW is the thought that there could be some kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal waiting in the wings. Being new-ish to Steinberg, I don't know their history wit this--do they ever offer these kinds of deals?

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:33 pm I bought 9.5 after the whole Gibson/Cakewalk/Sonar (but before BandLab) debacle. I've barely scratched the surface with it (since I'm still dividing my time amongst "new" DAWs--to me), but I'm definitely going to get this release.

The only thing keeping me from buying it RIGHT NOW is the thought that there could be some kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal waiting in the wings. Being new-ish to Steinberg, I don't know their history wit this--do they ever offer these kinds of deals?
They typically offer 40% off upgrades in August..

proteus60 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:04 pm
EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 pm
proteus60 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am
EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am So are there any updates for Retrologue/PadShop size/fonts on Mac?
They both look the same to me.
Oh! They looked bigger in the first videos they showed. Anyway, I can't find the videos today that have Retrologue showing! Maybe they put them somewhere else.
Not sure, I tried both in 9.5 and 10 and they are the same size so not sure what they showed in the video. I did try at default and 4k screen rez.
Thank you :tu:

(Haven't read the whole thread. Just wanna share my experiences so far with Cubase 10 on a Win 10 machine)

1) Halion 6 failed at Cubase install (think it works after C10 restart)

2) VST Connect SE (eLicenser) failed at Cubase startup

3) None of FXpansion's products (BFD3, Tremor och Geist 2) finds their licenses. I have done a lot of troubleshooting on this and it's absolutely not working. HIGH PRIO FOR STEINBERG AND FXPANSION!! (They all worked fine in previous Cubase versions.)

4) Roland Clouds VST2:s doesn't load GUI first round - just close the window and open again and it works. (No biggie)

5) U-he TyrellN6 crashed C10. (Haven't tried it again). Think some other U-he plug managed to hang C10 (can't remember which)

Another thing; Cubase asks me to register at every startup. I press 'Register' but nothing happens. I've checked eLicenser and 'My Account' at Steinberg and everyting looks as it should. Don't know what else to try.

Other than that it works fine. The FXpansion issue seems really serious imho.

Anyone else here getting a broken gui in Fabfilter ProQ2 in Cubase 10 in Windows10? The GUI is visibly shifted down about maybe 300 pixels yet the haptics control the parameters in the (now blank) space where they should be.

Actually.. I just emailed Fabfilter support.. maybe they can help sort it out.

T11 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:37 am 3) None of FXpansion's products (BFD3, Tremor och Geist 2) finds their licenses. I have done a lot of troubleshooting on this and it's absolutely not working. HIGH PRIO FOR STEINBERG AND FXPANSION!! (They all worked fine in previous Cubase versions.)
Not happening here. Was using BFD3 earlier today without incident. And Strobe2 yesterday while testing out MPE support. I'm on a PC (not sure if you're on Mac).
T11 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:37 am 4) Roland Clouds VST2:s doesn't load GUI first round - just close the window and open again and it works. (No biggie)
I did have this one. VST3 works without issue. Just using those.
T11 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:37 amAnother thing; Cubase asks me to register at every startup. I press 'Register' but nothing happens. I've checked eLicenser and 'My Account' at Steinberg and everyting looks as it should. Don't know what else to try.
Maybe there's a permissions issue at play? Might explain why it would ask you this at every startup and maybe also explain why your FXPansion auth's aren't working.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:04 am
T11 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:37 amAnother thing; Cubase asks me to register at every startup. I press 'Register' but nothing happens. I've checked eLicenser and 'My Account' at Steinberg and everyting looks as it should. Don't know what else to try.
Maybe there's a permissions issue at play? Might explain why it would ask you this at every startup and maybe also explain why your FXPansion auth's aren't working.
Just click the "Already Registered" button, and it will not show again. Anyway, you should check your registering status at the My Steinberg account (if you don't have one, open one). There, you will have your eLicenser registered, and all the licenses in it listed.

That doesn't have to be done from inside Cubase.
Fernando (FMR)

VitaminD wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 am Anyone else here getting a broken gui in Fabfilter ProQ2 in Cubase 10 in Windows10? The GUI is visibly shifted down about maybe 300 pixels yet the haptics control the parameters in the (now blank) space where they should be.
I found a solution messing with settings.. under Preferences I checkmarked 'Enable HiDPI' (hit apply) and voila.. plugin GUI unbroken.

InLight-Tone wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 am
I dunno, I find it really strange that a company with so much money can't design a decent unified GUI.
I don't know what you are seeing, but I completely disagree. Cubase 10 is very refined, beautiful to look at and clear in detail. Sure there are a couple of windows that pop out that give away it's age, but they've done a great job IMO.

Studio One has the flatest one dimensional GUI going, it's hard to distinguish elements. Kontakt fades right into the arrange view where you can't make out the border to click and move it, and my eyesight is excellent.
I couldn't agree with you more man. Cubase 10 is totally awesome. I went into it a little bit weird at because of the massive visual changes they did, but after just an hour or two, I fell in love with it and I can't even look at 9.5 anymore. Some might find it a little bit "contrasty" and I can understand where they're coming from, but compared to Cubase 9.5, you can distinguish every single element perfectly and I've really been looking for that in Cubase for a long time. Steinberg did a fantastic job with this update. I don't remember the last time I said that about a Cubase update. Seriously.

Also, I thought I was the only one that felt like that about Studio One in and Kontakt (at least the edit view for me). Completely shity dimensionless GUI's with non distinguishable elements that one would have thought would have been fixed after all of these effing years. I'm so pissed because I loved Studio One bigtime, but I just could not stand using it anymore because of the big dark blur that it is, after they ruined it by changing it from the light theme of version 2. Even if they changed it to a darker theme who cares, but they should have still given users the option to revert to the original v2 GUI theme. The original theme was just so much more usable than it is now. Total crap from Presonus with that move. That's probably one of the main reasons so many people just get rid of it, and Presonus could care less it seems. Well now Steinberg has finally kicked their asses in this department.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Steinberg has done a good job at sticking to their core user base of users that have been using Cubase for 10 or so plus years. More the old heads who don't want change or still stuck in the past and not accepting of todays music tech changes. Presonus while balances for the old heads, they are balancing that with attracting a younger generation of musicians who are the future.

Kevin63101 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm
killmaster wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:26 pm I have a 9->9.5 update that I haven't activated yet. Is it true that if I activate it today I'll get a Cubase 10 activation? I just want to make sure there is a "grace period" in effect and not do it wrong...
True ... I'll be activating my 9.5 now. (Did the same with prior versions / grace periods).

My happy news:
Cubase 10 works on Win 7 64 bit!!
Isn’t Win 10 free?

I still remember when people refused to upgrade from XP.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:48 am Isn’t Win 10 free?
Only when buying a new PC/Laptop.
You can purchase separately, if you're building your own PC for example (£80+ on Amazon).
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

thebutler wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm
v1o wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:48 am Isn’t Win 10 free?
Only when buying a new PC/Laptop.
You can purchase separately, if you're building your own PC for example (£80+ on Amazon).
It was free for a time for Win 7 users. But there are still ways to get it for free legally if you do some research.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

All you need is a Windows 7 or 8 key. You can activate a freshly installed Windows 10 with those then.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”