Opinions on Reverb Foundry HD Cart?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HD Cart

I discovered today this reverb of which I knew nothing before and I am curious about the opinions of my fellow KVR pals… :)
Personally, I don't know the original reverb from which this software is modeled and I have never used it, but I find that this plug-in has an interesting sound, though not many presets, and an unusual GUI.
Do you find it "realistic"? Do you find that it would be useful for clean, transparent results with classical music instruments (my work field), for example? What would its best uses be, in your opinion?
I am testing it in these days, together with another very different reverb (Acon Digital Verberate, which I really like).
Thank you in advance for any opinion.

Reverb Foundry is Matt Hill (LiquidSonics) - so expect top quality (guess he wanted to separate HD cart from LiquidSonics which is all IR based reverbs)

Also make sure you demo Matt's new 'Illusion' (which is still IR based, but based generates the IRs algorithmically on the fly, so sort of a IR/algo reverb hybrid)

Thank you! Yes, I tested Illusion a lot in the last days, but strangely it seems that I prefer this HD Cart to it, at least for my tastes. I own Reverberate 2, too, also by LiquidSonics, but I don't use it really very much (because lately I feel more inclined to sonorities like those of 2CAudio Aether or the aforementioned Acon Digital Verberate).

Have you demo's Seventh Heaven as well - might be the 'magic' M7 sound is what you need?

No, I didn't. As a general principle, I am not particularly interested in the recreation or imitation of specific past hardware reverbs, usually, nor for "vintage" sounds. I am more for clean, very realistic reverbs which can avoid to smear attacks and to distort the sound, but are at the same time very subtly modulated (in a not too periodic way) and not "flat" in the tails.

It is lovely

But it is a 'reacreation of specific past hardware reverb' so you won't like it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

XComposer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:30 pm No, I didn't. As a general principle, I am not particularly interested in the recreation or imitation of specific past hardware reverbs, usually, nor for "vintage" sounds. I am more for clean, very realistic reverbs which can avoid to smear attacks and to distort the sound, but are at the same time very subtly modulated (in a not too periodic way) and not "flat" in the tails.
the brticasti m7 isn't 'vintage' - it's still state of the art in algo reverbs (and has processing power way beyond what any current PC can muster in real-time).

whether it suits your tastes is a different matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0roiyN7B8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8zA_JQNgM

Excellent reverb, surprised it not more popular.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 pm It is lovely

But it is a 'reacreation of specific past hardware reverb' so you won't like it
:wink:
Well, that's just a general principle for me, usually… but this time I happened to listen to the sound of HD Cart and I really liked it (without even knowing anything about the original hardware)! So, the only thing that matters is sound, after all.

$99 for Black Friday!

Is it just me or does this thing have some inherent echo - not just reverberation but more of a distinct repeat? Is there a way to get rid of it?

jbarish wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:08 pm $99 for Black Friday!
Interesting! So, maybe…
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:26 pm Is it just me or does this thing have some inherent echo - not just reverberation but more of a distinct repeat? Is there a way to get rid of it?
I didn't notice it in my case, at least with my materials. All what I hear is that the tail is very much modulated, not "flat", so to speak (and I like that). I will try tomorrow with some percussive sound to check this better.

It's most evident with back or better yet gang vocals, you can almost discern the words.

Reverb Foundry HD Cart is on sale for 79 USD right now. I even got it for 41.33 USD b/c I'm an owner of LiquidSonics 7th Heaven Pro, Illusion and Reverberate 3.

:tu:

I also picked this up while I was in my reverb demo phase, as with discounts it was inexpensive, and it will be going back up to $199 after December. It sounds great, and I quite like reverbs that don't get super deep in parameters for a lot of use cases.

It's Lexicon-ey sounding (so, a little "hyper-realistic"), but not super-chorused compared to some of the other algorithms (unless you abuse the parameters), as this algorithm was specifically designed to enhance classical spaces. It's a nice flavour to have amongst all my other stuff, and the interface makes it simple to use.

Also check out Tai Chi from the same developer for something more sound-designey and smooth/thick.

Return to “Effects”