Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:13 pm All you need is a Windows 7 or 8 key. You can activate a freshly installed Windows 10 with those then.
And that freshly installed Win10 came from where..?
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:30 pm From the official download source. ;) https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/softwar ... ndows10ISO
ah.! So the first button is for an update (of an existing installation); the second button is to download to create your own Install ISO. The text below it states:- "To get started, you will first need to have a License to install Windows 10." So this is what you're saying you can use a Win7 or 8 License Key for...?

Sorry, I'm not being difficult; I have a friend at work with two PC's running Win7 and I've been urging him of late to update to Win10 - but like everyone else, he loves 'free stuff'... :)
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

No problem. You got it all right, I think :) I can't check now, because I'm on a Android phone, so, the page looks a bit different for me. Usually, you download the Media Creation Tool, which lets you either write A DVD with Windows 10, or you can choose that the tool wires the image to a USB stick you can boot from to install Windows 10. It's pretty straight forward when you read through the instructions.

You need the key in the process of the installation then.

I upgraded my
8.1 to 10 about a week or 2 ago and it worked without asking for the 8.1 product key.

Yeah, I also read that that is still possible. Can't confirm myself, because it's been in the "proper" time window that I upgraded my Windows 7 and 8 machines.

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm No problem. You got it all right, I think :) I can't check now, because I'm on a Android phone, so, the page looks a bit different for me. Usually, you download the Media Creation Tool, which lets you either write A DVD with Windows 10, or you can choose that the tool wires the image to a USB stick you can boot from to install Windows 10. It's pretty straight forward when you read through the instructions.

You need the key in the process of the installation then.
Ok, that all sounds promising, thanks for your time. :)
(apologies to others for continuing off-topic stuff.!)

what do you think guys, any chance to see black friday discount from Steinberg?
Last edited by alonl6 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^ HA!!

5% off?

haha. yes I like their products, but they also love their money. :)

Is the a setting so that the vertical grid lines show on top of the audio rather than behind?
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Good joke.

I had some money to spend and I thought that I like to maybe bring my abandoned DAWs up to date.

I updated to Studio One 2 Pro in 2011 but it didn't click with me back then. However, this application has grown to something great in all these years. Now I could update directly to version 4 from my old version for just 76 Euro and that's really a great deal and an instant buy. I'm just giving it a 2nd chance and I really like it so far.

Cubase is also a fantastic DAW. However, last time I used it for something serious Cubaset was at V7. I still kept it up to date up to V9 in Dec 2016 to stay compatible with modern operating systems etc. But now I have to spend 160 Euro and that's way too much just to stay up to date, especially since my main reason for leaving Cubase is still there.

Currently I would have to spend 300 Euro to get from a 2011 Cubase version to the latest version then It's pretty clear which company has the more attractive deals , especially when I extrapolate the costs into the future.

Kraznet wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:16 pm Is the a setting so that the vertical grid lines show on top of the audio rather than behind?
OK so it looks like the grid overlay intensity fader in the preferences isn't working in 10? I just tested it in 9.5 and it works as expected.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

I just upgraded my artist 9.5 to 10. I have macbook pro with retina display. I dont see the hidpi option in the preference menu. Is the hidpi is a default on a mac?
anyone with cubase 10 and a mac that can see if he has the hidpi option?

alonl6 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm .......... Is the hidpi is a default on a mac?
anyone with cubase 10 and a mac that can see if he has the hidpi option?
yes it is on by default.
It isn't an option.
Afaik.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”