Neo Soul Keys vs. the iLectric.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, here's a thing. Recently, I was spending good deal of time with GarageBand's Rhodes and Wurlitzer implementations. I must say that I like them really much, and I'm really satisfied with them. However, since both implementation are actually physically modeled things, I have decided to give a try with sample based apps. Right now, I'm considering GMs "Neo Soul Keys" and iLectric by the IK. I've heard good things about both, but one of them is probably better than another. Also, I'll actually try and download the NSK in few days, it has a free demo, while iLectric doesn't.

Any help is very appreciated, from anyone who have used them both. Thanks in advance.

---I like both of them for different reasons but...I don't like the fact that if you want to customize the sounds you can't save them afterwards. I think it's going to depend on what you use as a controller and what style you play so everyone's take might not be valid for you.

Thank you, Scott. By the way, I'm mostly playing and composing blues/jazz, so that's why I just can't live without e-pianos. LOL.

iElectric for me...easy to use and modify, and some very "tasty" and authentic presets...you will need to buy the full pack though. The Eps in the standard pack are, hmmmm, decent ;) but with the add on pack the presets in it really kick.

JMO :) I have tried the GM and while really nice and certainly worth consideration, the iElectric is another notch up.

The only thing to watch wit iElectric is to not set your velocity level too high (available to edit via a slider) as you can induce some distortion..possibly as a result of the processor? Although I use an iPad 3rd gen so the processor is pretty decent on it. It is a known issue with the IK iOS keys though.

Take a listen to the demos. These demos were all done on the iPhone with no extra processing...just straight from the iPhone phone jack into the board.

Also, the user was a bit incorrect. You can tweak and save your own presets.

You get a free demo version. Why not try them both out on some tracks and hear for yourself.

Suitcase Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1shAHAbXbc

Stage Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08vTa06-vEg

EX5 FDSP Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6KbXo7Pls
GospelMusicians.com - #1 Site for Gospel Musicians.

NeoSoulKeys.com - One of the Most Authentic, Realistic, and buttery EP

Thank you. And yes, I know that Neo Soul Keys has free demo, while the iLectric doesn't, that's what I already mentioned in my original post. I'll give the NSK a try in few days. BTW, it sounds really great in those videos that you shared.

sorry to bump an old thread but: since both are on sale right now: any new thoughts on ilectric vs neo soul keys?
I already own neo soul keys wurli and i like the sound, but the app wasn't always stable. had some crashes. is IKMs ilectric rock solid?
thanks
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

How come no one's mentioning Skarbee EP 88-s. It's lovely!

NSK Studio, the new version on iPad, is great and contains 4GB of samples (compared to the 1GB Skarbee, for instance). I believe Jamal is considering adding the entire vst sample library.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”