Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HanafiH wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 amIt's got a delicious oscillator sound and the LPG/VCA in pluck mode is to die for.

I'd be interested in thoughts on the 0-Coast. It looks just a tad too west coast for my tastes. :wink:
It's pretty West Coast, except the second envelope is very Moog-like and the LPG is as fast in the time domain as a normal VCA and doesn't roll of the high end as much as a lot of LPGs do.

I liked it a lot for a while, learned a lot using it, and was turned a lot toward West Coast stuff myself. (And nice fat triangle basses...) But I kind of outgrew it with my Eurorack gear, especially once I had Function, Contour and Dynamix which is about half the 0-Coast right there. I found myself preferring other wavefolders and LPGs though, and moved on.

(Antimatter Audio Crossfold is my favorite folder, though Warps has kind of a cool dirty character to it and the folder in Double Helix is nice. Natural Gate is hands down the best LPG, but I also like the character of Pittsburgh's LPGs as long as I CV them with envelopes instead of just striking them with a trigger. I sold my Dynamix, wound up with a ModDemix instead.)

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:28 pm I'm very... very close to buy BS2.. I know I shouldn't but.. It's calling my name.
go on. its xmas soon.
Did it -_- If it doesn't arrive at friday, I should be having it at the beginning of the next week.

After searching for a decent sequencer for some of my gear I decided my final purchase of 2018 will be this:

https://squarp.net/pyramid

Looks great, has some fab features and it's a polyphonic sequencer.

That's me done for the year :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:45 pm After searching for a decent sequencer for some of my gear I decided my final purchase of 2018 will be this:

https://squarp.net/pyramid

Looks great, has some fab features and it's a polyphonic sequencer.

This looks awesome, Rob! The price is very competitive to other hardware sequencers that I've seen and that I own, and they ship worldwide! It also,has a five year warranty. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Sequent wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58 pm This looks awesome, Rob! The price is very competitive to other hardware sequencers that I've seen and that I own, and they ship worldwide! It also,has a five year warranty. Please let us know how you get on with it.
I will do I'm ordering one first week in December. It seems to do everything I need to do. Pretty cool features from the demos Iv'e seen.

Good walkthrough here sold me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0miq5T0QEPY

rob_lee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nobody believes you!!!! :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:32 pm
rob_lee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nobody believes you!!!! :hihi:
Seriously haha that's me done :lol: :lol: :lol:

foosnark wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 pm
HanafiH wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 amIt's got a delicious oscillator sound and the LPG/VCA in pluck mode is to die for.

I'd be interested in thoughts on the 0-Coast. It looks just a tad too west coast for my tastes. :wink:
It's pretty West Coast
Thanks a lot for that. I've ordered one having twisted a dealer's arm with terminal prejudice.

I'm not for the full rack, I'm assembling a collection of patchable monosynths that I can rip and patch. I'm not a huge fan of Don Buchla's approach either, but a little bit of insanity is sometimes just what you need. All the best matey.

still thinking of getting an integra 7. I see they just raised the price to $1,599.
Wonder if they will release another module?

Ordered a Sensel Morph - can‘t wait until it arrives...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”