What did you buy in the past 3 months so far?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:14 pm sunday is comicon.
im hoping to find a "vintage g1 transformers: soundwave" preferably "complete and boxed" "mint"
It's for kids.

justin3am wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:37 pm
im hoping to find a "vintage g1 transformers: soundwave" preferably "complete and boxed" "mint"
Is that the one that could play little mini cassettes? If so my older cousin had one and I was so envious!
it couldnt actually play them. but did come with six mini bots.
2 birds, 2 panther and 2 robots.
i only remember the names lazerbeak and buzz saw, the birds and ravage one panther and rumble one robot.

when they did the newer version, for some reason they turned him into a surfers van complete with surfboard in rack :cry:

hes appearing as his g1 self in the new bumblebee film, hopefully if i cant find a vintage one they will redo the toy :hyper: 8)

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:38 pm
It's for kids.
how you enjoying the new doctor?

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:59 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:38 pm
It's for kids.
how you enjoying the new doctor?
Errr, it's a family show? :scared:

Few days ago bought Bitwig license. I thought to buy Reaktor but no! I don't need it. I'll buy Kontour next week however. That's it for this year :borg:

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:58 pm it couldnt actually play them. but did come with six mini bots.
Well my memory from when I was 6, isn't that great. :lol: I do remember that there were little tapes...
I was probably trying to force a New Kids On The Block mini cassette into the Transofrmer. :lol:
I'm pretty sure one of my cousins also had one of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqy7NB3nxhY

I didn't have many toys as a kid, so I was always breaking other people's stuff. :oops:

EnGee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:10 pm Few days ago bought Bitwig license. I thought to buy Reaktor but no! I don't need it. I'll buy Kontour next week however. That's it for this year :borg:
Oh well, I have just thought about it again and found that I might need Reaktor 6 after all :hihi: I don't have a "Modular" environment, so Blocks can be great inspiration with a motivation for exploring and learning.
And of course I bought Kontour as I think I will use it a lot ;)

Yamaha Montage and some stuff for it.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 pm I replaced my 10 year old underwear collection,
I forgot what its like for my balls to stay inside my briefs
I had the exact opposite issue, I bought underwear that must have had the wrong size on it...it was so tight it was like a cheap hotel

no ballroom
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

^ :hihi:

I just picked up an old Boss RPS-10 on eBay sold as spares/repairs as not working for £40.
Total gamble as I know nothing about repairing gear but can do some dodgy soldering.
Opened it up, cracked solder on 2 of the pots. 30 minutes work to open it, resolder it and screw it back together.
Sorted :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

cant complain when a gamble pays off like that :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm I just picked up an old Boss RPS-10 on eBay sold as spares/repairs as not working for £40.
Total gamble as I know nothing about repairing gear but can do some dodgy soldering.
Opened it up, cracked solder on 2 of the pots. 30 minutes work to open it, resolder it and screw it back together.
It's a great box! Disassembly is a bit involved but it's pretty easy to repair common problems after that. Often the micro-racks being sold as 'for parts' just need the pads for the power connector reflowed. Information about mods for extending the delay time and self-oscillating feedback, here: http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/bo ... 4#msg14634

justin3am wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm I just picked up an old Boss RPS-10 on eBay sold as spares/repairs as not working for £40.
It's a great box! Disassembly is a bit involved but it's pretty easy to repair common problems after that. Often the micro-racks being sold as 'for parts' just need the pads for the power connector reflowed. Information about mods for extending the delay time and self-oscillating feedback, here: http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/bo ... 4#msg14634
I came across your posts when doing my research on this effect and already have that link :wink:
The pads for the power connector did also need seeing to, as you describe but hadn't stopped it from powering up. I had read that taking it apart was cumbersome, I didn't think so but then I do open up all my eBay bought gear out of curiousity and to check there aren't any obvious points of failure.

Now I want some of the other boxes in this series!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”