Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

I don't see how the Black Friday wildfire donation plug makes up for this bizarre pricing scheme. From my perspective they should stop disrespecting the intelligence of the community and allow the product to generate revenue based on its merit as being useful and priced appropriately as opposed to generating revenue based on... Whatever they think they are doing now...

While I was typing this out I noticed they changed the panel price to $0. Let's hope some of the other module prices in question get adjusted as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Website seems very information lite - where is info about the modules included and addons?

https://cherryaudio.com/

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:02 am Website seems very information lite - where is info about the modules included and addons?

https://cherryaudio.com/
In the Store, I think:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules

Nleif wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 am While I was typing this out I noticed they changed the panel price to $0. Let's hope some of the other module prices in question get adjusted as well.
Again, it demonstrates they listen to the community and are quite reactive, unlike Softube :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:49 am
Nleif wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 am While I was typing this out I noticed they changed the panel price to $0. Let's hope some of the other module prices in question get adjusted as well.
Again, it demonstrates they listen to the community and are quite reactive, unlike Softube :tu:
It's good that they listen (we've seen evidences of that since VM was announced) and better yet, that they act on some of that feedback, but it starts to become weird to see a lot of strange decisions being systematically questioned by those interested in this project.

This last one, initially asking $10 for 2 empty cosmetic "modules" that had 0 creative effort put on them, being a 5min job, only to fix that reactively instead of proactively, says a lot about this company decision process and intentions on their market positioning.

Even the escuse "sorry, we're just a bunch of technical+music guys trying to do our best here, knowing nothing about marketing and proper comercial positioning of products" doesn't work on this one. Anyone spending 10secs of thought on this would easily come to the obvious conclusion that, if free modules are possible, these 2 would be at the top of that list for obvious reasons.

Giving the Module Designer for free was a great decision. No escuse to at least give it a try and experience their excellent development environment (I wished other similar SDK based ecosystems had this level of development tools).

Not allowing private use of designed modules unless buying the designer was a bad decision, IMHO. ...I'm not going to try to sell a module that I didn't use extensively on my own setups.

Allowing only 2 free products per developer may end up turning on themselves and their supporting developers.

Trying to charge $10 for DSP'less cosmetic (with 0 artistic work) modules was the Cherry on the cake.
Last edited by Koshdukai on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

^
Agreed
I still think the module designer should be free but they should decide what is worth releasing in the shop.
$99 intro price is Ok I suppose but $200 and a large chunk of the profits will stifle interest in development.
Look at SynthEdit, cheap as chips and has dominated for almost 2 decades!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I was an early adopter of VM and still have my license. I want this to be a success and am looking forward to trying out the new Vult filters and Vult CV controllable ADSR. Honestly though I'm afraid to invest in more stuff because I don't have confidence in the company right now.

The way U-he markets things I will buy anything and everything they put out. They decide on an incredibly fair price ahead of time and stick to it, even giving free add-ons and upgrades in the form of new filters or effects years later. In Repro's case an entirely new synth. I have every confidence in that company to deliver a useful product at a fair price with continuous support.

Cherry Audio is like... Okay cool I bought the early adopter package for $100. Now if I want a 16 step version of the same exact 8 step sequencer I already paid for, I need to pay another $20...? Why? What do they base these prices on?

How is an extra 8 steps on the same exact module I already paid for worth 20% of the cost of the entire intro bundle? People earlier in the thread argued that "you can just make a sixteen step sequencer using the intro modules!" Cool so then why should a sixteen step skin cost $20???

One solution is coupons. First give early adopters a huge coupon on existing modules. Then give potential customers 75% off for the base only, on a seasonal basis to get them in the door and on the store. Give everyone the dev for free, and charge 5 dollars to add their own moduled to the store after review, then CV can charge the first 5 dollars for whatever the dev wants to charge (5 dollar min). That math should hold.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

This was born wrong, and what's wrong at birth will be wrong until death. Fortunately, we have alternatives.

All those "hiccups" we have seen are simply symptoms of a bigger disease. These guys have no strategy, and worse than that, they lack common sense.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:49 pm This was born wrong, and what's wrong at birth will be wrong until death. Fortunately, we have alternatives.

All those "hiccups" we have seen are simply symptoms of a bigger disease. These guys have no strategy, and worse than that, they lack common sense.
Agree with you, I love Vm, but they lack of common sense. They have a brilliant software, for me, the best modular soft, but they take some strange decisions. By the way, I continue to support them, but hey, guys, wake up !
Best
YY

fmr wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:49 pm This was born wrong, and what's wrong at birth will be wrong until death. Fortunately, we have alternatives.
This is a tough market to compete in and is a learning experience for any new company. The market teaches the company how to act. A bit like raising an offspring, I think it's important to correct any misconceptions a company has, or any wrongdoings it has made for the better. Yet the company retains its own free will and that must be respected.

In the same way, I would suggest kindness and forgiveness and always be willing to give second chances when there is merit. IMO Cherry Audio has a lot of potential, VM is great, support that growth in the right direction yet stick firmly to your principles. That's all.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:50 am
In the same way, I would suggest kindness and forgiveness and always be willing to give second chances when there is merit. IMO Cherry Audio has a lot of potential, VM is great, support that growth in the right direction yet stick firmly to your principles. That's all.
For me this is not even a question, nothing to "forgive". VA is a company, they made an offer. I bought the initial package which seemed worthwhile. I also told them my opinion about the prices of the other modules. If our expectations meet at some point - good. If not - also ok. Perhaps it's better for VA not to aim for customers like me and try to make more money from others that are willing to pay what they ask for. Perhaps not, time will tell.
Have also no hard feelings against Apple. They imho ask for too much, so I haven't bought anything new from them for years. Have a used Macbook though, which was "just about right".

Hey Ya'll,

Just wanted to drop this quick demo of the first patch I made using the new VCF20 filter model and the new Super osc, lfo, and envelope.

It is just a single osc being modulated and the percussion is all from misfit audios transistor modules. There is a quick breakdown of the efx and mixing on the link as it is not dry. (quite drenched in bitwig reverb and delay actually but that's my favorite topping for resonant squelches ala Acid)

I mixed this on apple earbuds so apologies in advance if the low end is overbearing!

https://soundcloud.com/user-126104516/big-stone-bird

I'm totally blown away by the new Osc, LFO, and Envelope. These were the kind of modules I was imagining when I first purchased the software and I'm incredibly happy they have arrived. Also wanted to mention I had a support question that was answered within the hour and completely solved my inquiry. Thanks!

Super osc and Super envelope is super. Voltage Modular is getting better and better!

Return to “Instruments”