Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

William,

The SFZ filter was there to take out from view the different wav and flac files that make up the SFZ, purpose to cut down on the confusion trying to find the SFZ file buried in the support files. Now I am picking up the wav and flacs again as well as the SFZ's. The "Filter SFZ Sample Files" line is checked under the Browser (options/save) tab, but everything else is now showing up as well whether the filter is checked or not checked.

If I remember right, previous additions of a secondary library path allowed for saving the path with a user generated name. This was a nice bookkeeping thing in case the new directory was inside some folder with a weird name.

As before, was hoping that multiple vst or vsti directory locations can be opened up as well, if this is not something that will cause chaos.

Thanks again for all your hard work for us.

John

Engine 29/11
Instance 1 > Analog Voices, Instance 2 > Arp Multi Saw.
Save Multi Preset as Mine1
Twiddle some knobs on the Arp Multi Saw.
Change my mind, want to go back.
Try to re-load Mine1

Get:
"Error reading preset data!
XML Parse Error:not enough input
Arp Multi Saw"
(And all the knobs etc in the GUI have disappeared).

WilliamK wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm

As for the text truncated, it seems that one of the fonts the skin is trying to use doesn't exist in your system. Should I bother on installing fonts? I don't know if its easy or not, need to check. :dog:

The skins tries to load the following fonts, left to right.
Century Gothic;Tahoma;Verdana;Arial
Windows 10 here, I have those fonts. Here's what I mean (see attachment)..the box is not big enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Engine 29/11
The new Auto Increment MIDI channels....Instance 1 and 2 stay omni, then get correct increments for further channels.
Good idea though, Kontakt has a similar option.

fmr wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:05 pm
WilliamK wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm Now, the multi-instances. I'm thinking we need some sort of message there like Start and Close. EG: you load EVE, you click Multi Instances, it will show just one thing: Start or something like that. Once you select it will add the first instance and unload the preset from the master code, so it no longer plays anything. From now on only the extra instances will load presets and play. And maybe instead of Remove All Instances we could have something like "Close Multi Instance"? Can you guys give me some ideas? Thanks. :cool: :hug:
Yes, the "Close Multi Instance" seems a clear message to me. It seems you forgot an important thing - the possibility to remove just one instance (select instance and have a "Delete Selected Instance" or "Remove Selected Instance" command).

Regarding the new Multi: Why not have an Empty Multi Template ready, and when we select "Create New Multi Instance" or 2Launch Multi Instance" it loads that Empty Multi Template, with the Plug-In instance invisible and the first slot already filled with an Empty (silent) Preset? That seems more intuitive to me, and less prone to errors.
William, I can see what you're getting at: trying to avoid the confusion caused by the fact that creating a multi starts with the existing instance. You sort of want to make them separate things, yes? Well perhaps instead of 'Multi Instances' just name it 'Instances'. And have it always expanded. When EVE is first loaded the user can see that there is always one instance ready to go, and that if a normal preset is loaded it populates that first instance slot. And he/she can see that more instances can be added and that they can be populated similarly. Saving a multi preset is saving the configuration of all instances as one thing, just as saving a preset is saving the configuration of one instance. Loading a multi preset will do as expected (populate the instance slots 1,2,3 etc). 'Remove extra instances' will take it back to just the first instance..I can't see a problem with that. That first instance can always be initialized if wanted.
And half the battle is just to explain this clearly in the manual.

fmr, 'Remove Instance' is there...you have to right click over the actual instance slot to see that option.

goldglob wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 am fmr, 'Remove Instance' is there...you have to right click over the actual instance slot to see that option.
Yes, I saw it. When I wrote my post I didn't download the latest version yet, and since William didn't mention it, I wrote that observation. However, it still doesn't work for the first instance, and that's why me and William are having all this talk about the special Multi.
Fernando (FMR)

goldglob wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:06 am Get:
Arp Multi Saw"
EDITED: I was getting this error too, but now it's gone (see next post about this subject)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

BUG in "Auto Increment MIDI Channels"

Auto Increment is On.
Instance 1 loads in Omni;
Instance 2, 3 and 4 load in Omni too.
From Instance 5 to Instance 9 all load in the right channel when created.
As soon as I load a preset in the Instance, it reverts to Omni again (seems like it is reading the Preset channel information, which brings another subject: Preset should not have any channel information at all)
Instance 10 loads in Omni again.

Didn't go further yet.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:47 am
Arp Multi Saw"
I am getting this error too. I think it has nothing to do with the preset, but with the replacement of a Multi by another Multi. But I will create a Multi with another preset in the second instance, and will get back.

In the meanwhile, here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Launch EVE.
2. Selet a Multi and double click ton load it. EVE loads it fine.
3. Select another Multi and double click to load it.
4. Get:
"some preset name"

Here EVE just freezes (in VSTHost) but I am able to close it, and when I reload it, it is working fine.
EDIT: After deleting the old Multis and crete entirely new Multis (although the old ones were loading perfectly), the problem above disappeared. So, it may have something to do with the way Multis were built previously.

@goldglob: Can you test with this workaround, please?
Fernando (FMR)

Problem with FX:

Apparently, when we choose "New SFX" without previously choose "Delete SFX", the newly chosen FX is added to the FX chain, although we have only one FX visible in the slot, and no way I'm aware of accessing other FX (???).

I noticed this because I chose a Reverb to replace a delay in a preset. Then I changed my mind and chose another Reverb to replace (I thought) the previous one. When I was going to play, the sound result was completely unexpected. I then decided to start over and chose "Delete SFX". Much to my surprise, the reverb that I had chosen previously appeared. When I chose "Delete SFX" again, then the Delay that was there in the first place appeared. Only after choose "Delete SFX" one more time did I get the expected "Empty".

I was completely taken by surprise. If we are able to get more than one SFX per slot, then we must have a clar sign that the FX chain has more than one FX, and a quick way to access and view all that's there. The current right click isn't a good way. If I don't right click over the slot FX (and why would I?) I cannot know that there is more than one FX in there. Mayve an arrow pointing to the right when we are n the first FX, adn an arrow on each side if we have more than one FX and we are not in the first one of the chain.
Fernando (FMR)

Multi again (and this time I think this is a BUG).

I created a new Multi (this time I did a big one, but I don't thik that's the problem).

I loaded Double Guitar for the first instance. I savewd the Multi. I have been trying to exchange Multis, and I had some previous freezes, until I deleted the old Multis and created two completely new Multis (see above).

Now, when I changed to Channel 1 to play the Double Gitar in the big 10 Channel Multi, the instance is muted (again - it happened before, with the same preset, coincidence or not). Since I cannot delete that instance, the only way was to load the Init preset in it (I renamed it to show the Multi name, which is something I think should be there somewhere, BTW), create a new instance, assign it to Channel 1, and load Double Guitar in that preset. Now, I have 10 channels again, but I have 11 instances.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 am
fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:47 am
Arp Multi Saw"
I am getting this error too. I think it has nothing to do with the preset, but with the replacement of a Multi by another Multi. But I will create a Multi with another preset in the second instance, and will get back.

In the meanwhile, here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Launch EVE.
2. Selet a Multi and double click ton load it. EVE loads it fine.
3. Select another Multi and double click to load it.
4. Get:
"some preset name"

Here EVE just freezes (in VSTHost) but I am able to close it, and when I reload it, it is working fine.
EDIT: After deleting the old Multis and crete entirely new Multis (although the old ones were loading perfectly), the problem above disappeared. So, it may have something to do with the way Multis were built previously.

@goldglob: Can you test with this workaround, please?
My tests were actually with brand new multis. I found that the freeze depends upon which instance in the current multi is selected before trying to load a new multi. If Instance 1 is selected the new multi loads. If Instance 2 is selected I get the error (and freeze).

goldglob wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am My tests were actually with brand new multis. I found that the freeze depends upon which instance in the current multi is selected before trying to load a new multi. If Instance 1 is selected the new multi loads. If Instance 2 is selected I get the error (and freeze).
OK. That explains why I have been able to load Multis now. Since I was spefically testing that, I as just loading a Multi, and immediately after load another one.

Since they load with Instance 1 selected, that's probably why I was able to load them. I will test what you daid. Thanks :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 am
goldglob wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am My tests were actually with brand new multis. I found that the freeze depends upon which instance in the current multi is selected before trying to load a new multi. If Instance 1 is selected the new multi loads. If Instance 2 is selected I get the error (and freeze).
OK. That explains why I have been able to load Multis now. Since I was spefically testing that, I as just loading a Multi, and immediately after load another one.

Since they load with Instance 1 selected, that's probably why I was able to load them. I will test what you daid. Thanks :tu:
A few versions ago William did fix this 'loading a multi regardless of which slot is selected' thing, but looks like that bit of code hasn't been carried over. Another thing I found was that sometimes I'd get a freeze (with a little window saying processing then a zero) but not that parsing error thing. I can't remember what specific steps led to this.

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:51 am Multi again (and this time I think this is a BUG).

I created a new Multi (this time I did a big one, but I don't thik that's the problem).

I loaded Double Guitar for the first instance. I savewd the Multi. I have been trying to exchange Multis, and I had some previous freezes, until I deleted the old Multis and created two completely new Multis (see above).

Now, when I changed to Channel 1 to play the Double Gitar in the big 10 Channel Multi, the instance is muted (again - it happened before, with the same preset, coincidence or not). Since I cannot delete that instance, the only way was to load the Init preset in it (I renamed it to show the Multi name, which is something I think should be there somewhere, BTW), create a new instance, assign it to Channel 1, and load Double Guitar in that preset. Now, I have 10 channels again, but I have 11 instances.
I guess by muting you mean just no sound (not a complete freeze). I'm not getting that with Double Guitar, but I've only tested with it in the first slot of a two instance multi.

Return to “Instruments”