Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually you would set auto to on and forget, from what I see

WilliamK wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:49 pm Usually you would set auto to on and forget, from what I see
Yes, I confirm that. Since I had it already set to auto increment, I had to do nothing to make it work. I created two Multis now and exchanged between the two. Everything worked as expected.

I have to say that this dedicated Multi-Mode is much better than the "workaround" we had before. I also tested in REAPER both VST3 and VST versions (all in 64-bit) and everything worked as expected again. EVE took a little while to load the Multi (the 10 instances one) but everything worked fine. I was able to play all channels by changing the MIDI channel in my controller.

Now, when you have the oprotunity, take a look at my suggestions regarding the FX. Other than that, I think now it's time to finish the preset library. I will try to come up with some presets tomorrow. The "Famous Keys" was the original EVE soundset, right?
Fernando (FMR)

WilliamK wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:49 pm Usually you would set auto to on and forget, from what I see
Actually just looking at the way Kontakt does it...similar to Wusik, the ON/OFF increment setting only applies to subsequently loaded patches, not those already in place. The only difference is that in Kontakt you can set it before loading anything whereas in Wusik you have to actually have started the multi channel thing to get at the MIDI channels setting, and by then you already have an init instance with a channel setting that won't be changed by the increment ON or OFF thing (You can still change it manually of course). Perhaps a way around this would be to have the Multi Instance MIDI channels setting in logo options....but it's a tiny issue, I'm just being pedantic out of interest.

William,

A bit off topic question over my obsession to work with vsti's in the fx box. Not wanting to derail the focused work going on with installers and the multis.

I tried to bring EVE 3 in as an effect to EVE 5. It is recognized both as a 32 bit ap in EVE 5 32 and a j-bridge ap in EVE 5 64 bit. GUI is there, keyboard registers midi input, but no sound unless the arp is turned on. With the EVE 3 arp on, the sounds and multis play in proper response from the external midi keyboard. Arp off and nothing.

Is there a setting I am missing in either EVE 3 or EVE 5. Was attempting this because it seems to be the easiest way to bring in all the multis and various presets from EVE 3.

Thanks,
John

Oh, sorry, no idea right now. Maybe Monday I take a look. :oops:

Thanks William,
You got way more important work for now. Hope you're getting enough sleep to recharge through out all of this.
John

I think I'm wandering too far away from the central vision of this software, digging into third party plugs and trying to get them integrated. Almost like using EVE more as a central host, controlling point, axis of sound creation.

Fired up a couple third party sf2 choirs. Split the pan a bit to get real depth. Processed with Valhalla Shimmer. Thought for a minute I could hear the angels singing. This thing is powerful. My request is to get an extended folder base for vst/vsti plugs. Break the limitations, barriers. Build on what is already there in part.

Maybe my tunnel vision, but can see EVE as the only keyboard plugin you could need to do everything. Big missing element for somewhere up the line is an internal bridge, like 32 to 64 so all installed dll's can be accessed from one ap.

John

JohnK, the thing is that the already released products, Wusik Station 9, Wusic 8008, and Wusik One are still waiting for the new stuff; the Shared folder, multi Instances, SF2 support, skins. I would guess that William is feeling the urgency of getting what we already have in shape.
And remember that EVE is "Electronic Vintage Ensemble". It is interesting that a 3rd party vsti can be blended in, but I see this as a 'nifty' easter egg sort of thing and not something that needs development time at present. These things take time. Look at how longer than expected it's taken to get the multi preset thing happening.
EVE V5 has come a long way over the past few weeks...I think it's time to concentrate on what we have, check and double check things..really get it ready for release such that the new features can transfer to the other products as smoothly as possible.

BTW John, do you have Wusik Station 9? Forum member dnekm of Westgate Sounds is in the process of re-working hundreds of his older Wusik Station presets to work in V9. They sound incredible.
viewtopic.php?p=7241087#p7241087

Thanks Goldglob and completely agree with you. Is why I said my vision of EVE evolution was going off the mark somewhere.

Adding more vst/vsti paths may be something requiring a deep rewrite of the engine. Can't code, so have no understanding of what is required. If something that can be written easily in a few lines, why are we not taking advantage of what is already there in limited form. Not up to me to determine.

Still have Wusic Station 8. Maybe time for an upgrade.

John

goldglob wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:48 am JohnK, the thing is that the already released products, Wusik Station 9, Wusic 8008, and Wusik One are still waiting for the new stuff; the Shared folder, multi Instances, SF2 support, skins. I would guess that William is feeling the urgency of getting what we already have in shape.

.../...

EVE V5 has come a long way over the past few weeks...I think it's time to concentrate on what we have, check and double check things..really get it ready for release such that the new features can transfer to the other products as smoothly as possible.
^^^ THIS ^^^

Sorry John, but priorities need to be established now. :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

I am watching all of this and thinking about the best way to use the Wusik/EVE shared folder as a source for using many, many instruments sound libraries as one shared source. Similar to the Universal SFZ described here:

http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalyVSTi/multisamples.html

I know how to do it, just waiting for the right structure to come to me.

Also, to make it really effective, the .flac files may have to be replaced with SFZ/WAV files for sounds to be shared across instruments. It all depends upon your goal.

If all you want to do is share other instruments sounds into EVE/Wusik than the flac sounds are fine. If you want to take EVE/Wusik sounds into Absynth or Kontakt then maybe not so much.

I still think I should at least organize the Wusik P2000/SQ200 hosting code so I could share it between products. This way all products can have the scanning options from those other first mentioned products, including 32 bits bridging and what nots... the code is ready, just need to organize it and them switch things up in the code. :shrug:

Thanks Fernando, and like said, will try to keep more focused on the major issues that you are reporting and working on way better than me.

Where we differ is in a vision as to where this is going. I'm first to admit I wandered off the deep end somewhere, and you do have the higher ground with advice to keep on path with existing problems.

Regarding the vst/vsti support, this would have been a major departure, even an intrusion on the design of EVE 5 if it were not evolved already and incorporated on a limited basis. Major evolution of the power and potential of this fine machine if the stops could be taken off, since the gate has already been opened.

That's where my question was and still is. If we can support vst and vsti programs by adding them to the single existing folder, what is the effort involved to code in the ability to add user designated locations for third party effects and synths.

May be impossible difficult, or maybe just a few strokes of code. Since the ability is already there, why not maximize it if it is a quick fix. So much to be gained.

In there with support of dnekm's vision of expansion as well.

Peace to all of you guys,

John

Ok, BETA 96 is there, Windows only for now. Added a Plugin Manager code, took from Wusik P2000/SQ200. It was a good deal as I learned on how to make a Module that I can use with all my projects. ;-)

You must download and run WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe to update some data files (scanner and bridge files).

Also, I changed the VST Effects ... folders to VST Plugins ... instead, as it makes more sense.

So, click on Wusik Logo and click on Plugins Manager. You can rename plugins, if you do so, restart the app once you are done to see the new names. Keep in mind that when you save a preset it will use the custom name so you need to keep those names the same in order for your presets to keep loading. You can backup the Plugins List Wusik Engine.xml files, they are under engine data/shared folder.

The code will also bridge 32 bits plugins in the 64 bits version. I haven't tested this much.

I will also add the plugin-manager link into the VSTs list on the effects page, I forgot to add it, but I will for the next version...

Anyway, a lot to test here.

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”