FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

XComposer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:37 am I think he was really meaning "Crave" EQ:

https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq
Yep :)

That "transparent phase" looks interesting.
It's easy if you know how

BeeDog wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 am
XComposer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:37 am I think he was really meaning "Crave" EQ:

Yep :)
ah sorry, my bad, i thought it was a spelling error :dog: :D

Fleer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 am Life’s too short to not have this :hyper:
I think that's the Fabfilter slogan.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I know it's just a very simple change, but having L/R/M/S/Stereo now available per band and not per instance is very sweet.
Tilt filter (used the free HOFA plugin for this before) and brickwall mode for lowcut/highcut is a welcome addition.

The dynamic mode is nice. It's okay for me to not have dedicated controls for attack/release. I've spent the weekend testing ProQ3 and there was no project where this was needed. It does a pretty good job per default and I think these controls would only clutter the beautiful and easy ui.

Using the sidechain for the dynamic mode would be a huge feature. On the other this is already possible in Pro-MB which I often used as dynamic EQ so far.

Update done, for a small and imo fair upgrade fee.

Sparky77 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:33 am
I think that's a Fab slogan.
I agree ;)
Read in another thread that they may be adding sidechaining in an update.

Fleer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:20 pm
Sparky77 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:33 am
I think that's a Fab slogan.
I agree ;)
Read in another thread that they may be adding sidechaining in an update.
That would make this plug more amazinger!

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks for this. Just been demoing it, it's pretty nice. No dynamic capability but what's there has been well implemented.
You're welcome. I have already II EQ Pro by DDMF as a static eq and I'm really satisfied with it; otherwise, I would consider Crave EQ myself as a static EQ.

At this point I think I’m gonna stick with Nova GE.

I haven’t had a situation yet where I need per-band mid-side processing. The whole TDR suite costs less than ProQ3. :scared:

Tappistry wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:23 pm At this point I think I’m gonna stick with Nova GE.

I haven’t had a situation yet where I need per-band mid-side processing. The whole TDR suite costs less than ProQ3. :scared:
Before you abandon Q3 for Nova, try this: have some kind of wide band audio running in a loop with Q3 on it. Open Q3. As you know you can click to add a band and drag the band up and down. you can also use the mouse wheel (I use up/down on a trackpad) to boost/cut the band. fine. Now, hold option/alt while doing the boost cut - instant dynamic band! Just amazing. Now try adding multiple boost and cut dynamic bands to compliment the audio - the result is a very good sounding dynamic EQ curve. Not possible to do this easily in other dynamic EQs - FF have created the ability to have dynamic bands as easily as static bands which is very powerful because it's less distracting workflow and helps to keep your 'head in the mix" :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:34 pm
Tappistry wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:23 pm At this point I think I’m gonna stick with Nova GE.

Before you abandon Q3 for Nova, try this: have some kind of wide band audio running in a loop with Q3 on it. Open Q3. As you know you can click to add a band and drag the band up and down. you can also use the mouse wheel (I use up/down on a trackpad) to boost/cut the band. fine. Now, hold option/alt while doing the boost cut - instant dynamic band! Just amazing. Now try adding multiple boost and cut dynamic bands to compliment the audio - the result is a very good sounding dynamic EQ curve. Not possible to do this easily in other dynamic EQs - FF have created the ability to have dynamic bands as easily as static bands which is very powerful because it's less distracting workflow and helps to keep your 'head in the mix" :phones:
I get that workflow streamlining is worth the cost for some folks. But I’m not a professional, so for me, I have some alternative lower-cost options that work well for me and what I’m doing.

If I have a need for super complex dynamic EQing in the future, I’ll consider Q3. :)

XComposer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 am In my case, I'm thinking… Excellent quality, fantastic GUI. Really, no doubt, very impressive. But if I already have MAutoDynamicEQ, Oeksound Soothe and MSpectralDynamics, plus the good DDMF static IIEQ Pro, even with the EDU discount and another small discount for owning another product of them, do I really need FabFilter Pro-Q 3?
It sounds different from the other EQs mentioned.
Do you need it?
Only you can answer that....

I never understood the flood of folks on KVR who are antiplugins for people. I mean, a comment here and there... OK. But, really? I would think it would be better to be in the Unfiltered Audio thread yapping to the devs about free plugs being better than BYOME or at Urs about his expensive synths? I won't even bring up 2CAudio. :wink:

I proudly got it. I'm also still terrible at mixing and mastering... But, I'm proud of that too. Ha!

Anyhow, back on topic. This plugin rocks and with the discounts for previous plugs, a no thinker.

However the Stones did Wheels of Steel suits me. Excellent mixes along with Some Girls

Return to “Effects”