Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

got this the other day
is stupid good

thanks

Dave

Totally under rated in my opinion.

Yes, awesome sounds possible. Hidden gem for sure.

Oh please... it's just a standard two osc synth made to look like a modular. C'mon. :?

Now mind you, I'm not saying it's bad, just nothing spectacular. To be a real modular it needs a choice of modules, freely assignable and modulatable. You cant' have that. At best it is similar to Korg MS-20, kinda.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

akshully is the sound i like
doesn’t sound like its been through someone else’s mixing desk

dave

DuX wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:46 am Oh please... it's just a standard two osc synth made to look like a modular. C'mon. :?

Now mind you, I'm not saying it's bad, just nothing spectacular. To be a real modular it needs a choice of modules, freely assignable and modulatable. You cant' have that. At best it is similar to Korg MS-20, kinda.
Whether it’s truly Modular or not, it sounds great. Your comment is exactly why I thinks it’s totally under rated.

dave dove wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:15 pm got this the other day
is stupid good

thanks

Dave
Its smart good to!

The thing is, Mod sounds TAL-good, but it really isn't a modular... just made to look like one. It's a standard 2-OSC subtractive synth with wires instead of a mod-matrix. That's all. It is not more flexible than many other 2-OSC subtractive synths. The thing about *real* modulars is they're really flexible. I don't think it's underrated, but overrated... due to people who think it's a modular synth, and that's a new fad. :( It sounds good and it's fun to program. Nothing spectacular though.

To make my point more clear, just try some of the good old Linplug synths like Albino. They have incredibly good mod-matrix. You can do everything and much more with the Albino, than with TAL-Mod. :tu: No fancy cables, though... they're hidden in the matrix. :cry:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

no-one said it was truly modular, they just said they thought it sounded good.

@Dux
you feeling ok?
why you digging at me?
I even explained why I like it
fyi
I spend quite a bit of time getting hardware modulars talking to computers for my friends,
like this one frinstance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hJa2lRRgM
which needs to talk to a laptop plus Suzibee's graphics system and then, via Link, to Circle of Live collaborators...
so being patronised by you don't wash really
I can't be arsed with hardware for myself for a longtime
yet I'm still using Tal-Mod
go figure....

Dave

Once again I get reminded that KVR is not a place for critical thinking. :tu: Why do I even bother...

Unless you want to post something profound like "where's my wallet?" or "this is sooooo coooool!!!" you can shove it, right? :clap:

Just have fun, kids, I won't bother you any more... there are other forums for adults. :party:

rude
you come over and patronise
all i’ve done is call you out for it

dave dove wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:57 pm rude
you come over and patronise
all i’ve done is call you out for it
Please don't feed the troll. He will never accept that it's just a nice synth but will only seek for maximum modularity, if this is not accomplished, it just can't be good or special, no matter how it sounds or feels on the GUI.

DuX wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:35 pm Once again I get reminded that KVR is not a place for critical thinking. :tu: Why do I even bother...

Unless you want to post something profound like "where's my wallet?" or "this is sooooo coooool!!!" you can shove it, right? :clap:

Just have fun, kids, I won't bother you any more... there are other forums for adults. :party:
no-one has contradicted you so far. no-one has said you're wrong.

DuX wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 am The thing is, Mod sounds TAL-good, but it really isn't a modular... just made to look like one. It's a standard 2-OSC subtractive synth with wires instead of a mod-matrix. That's all. It is not more flexible than many other 2-OSC subtractive synths. The thing about *real* modulars is they're really flexible. I don't think it's underrated, but overrated... due to people who think it's a modular synth, and that's a new fad. :( It sounds good and it's fun to program. Nothing spectacular though.

To make my point more clear, just try some of the good old Linplug synths like Albino. They have incredibly good mod-matrix. You can do everything and much more with the Albino, than with TAL-Mod. :tu: No fancy cables, though... they're hidden in the matrix. :cry:
It's actually a 3-osc synth
Why are you even comparing it with albino ?
Albinos's mod matrix is NOT updated at sample rate
Talmod has 2 modulators that can be routed to almost any destination updated at sample rate ( the subosc and noise ) , I don't think you really understand the concept of signal update rate .
Can you modulate the pw of an albino osc with an osc , I don;t think so
And of course the usuals suspects like env's lfo's and mod env.
ANd we haven't even started talking about the fiters , comparing it to albino :lol:

So please , STFU :) , you are clearly not up to date and don't grasp the basic concept :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “TAL Software”