Changing master scale chord lengths by 8th notes, not quarter notes?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

Just downloaded and installed the RapidComposer Demo. I love chords that change at rhythmically interesting times. The first thing I tried to do was change the generic master track chord lengths by dragging the divider, but they only seem change in size by whole beats, quarter notes. I changed the Snap and Grid to eighth notes, but that doesn't change anything. I love chord changes that happen a half beat before or after a bar, or chords that go for one and a half beats, but I can't seem to find how to make this happen. Double the resolution here would make so much difference to how I work, otherwise I feel like I'm kind of stuck with simplistic rhythms to my chord changes, and can't work with syncopation the way I'd like to.

Any ideas? Am I missing something basic? An extra degree of resolution here would make so much difference! The software seems like it's otherwise very powerful and I'd like to buy it, but I don't know how to make it happen without doubling the tempo and changing it to eight beats per bar, which feels like a very clumsy workaround. I'm a complete newbie but would love to jump in. Please help! :)

Hi handed,

having chord boundaries at 1/8 (or smaller) division is possible, but you need to enable the following setting under the Settings / Miscellaneous tab:

This is for advanced users, the default is having chords on quarter notes.
Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

Thanks for the reply! Great news. I read through all the settings pages earlier and somehow missed it. :)

Best,

Peter

Return to “MusicDevelopments”