Applied Acoustic String Studio VS-3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
String Studio VS-2 String Studio VS-3

I’ll pass. 39 euro for a small update (and a preset pack). Will they ever update their modelling engine with some exciting stuff?

mcbpete wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 pm Log into your user account to see upgrade prices too - I could get V3 for $49, or V3 upgrade and String Theory preset pack for $39 .... erm ?!
I just checked and yeah, $39 for SS3 and String Theory and I guess I'll pull the trigger.
Any idea anyone how long their promo is running?

mcbpete wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 pm Log into your user account to see upgrade prices too - I could get V3 for $49, or V3 upgrade and String Theory preset pack for $39 .... erm ?!
Weird

I was offered $39 upgrade from the Modelling collection or $19 from String Studio v1.
I took the cheaper upgrade obviously :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

kiezum wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:39 pm I’ll pass. 39 euro for a small update (and a preset pack). Will they ever update their modelling engine with some exciting stuff?
Been thinking about Woodwind and Brass Studio for quite a while … oh well …

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Weird

I was offered $39 upgrade from the Modelling collection or $19 from String Studio v1.
how did you find the $19 offer?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Weird

Heck … $19 for an upgrade from SS-1 vs. 39 from the MC? Really? Now that'd be really weird.

I think their website was having a little trouble. My upgrade from VS-2 was showing $-1. In reality it was $39 but it wouldn't show that until checkout. The software seemed to show it as a soundset (ie $39) with $40 knocked off.

It was showing $39 earlier for me and just now it shows $19 for the upgrade in the same place it showed $39 a few minutes ago. Something strange going on there. $19 is a more reasonable upgrade price.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm It was showing $39 earlier for me and just now it shows $19 for the upgrade in the same place it showed $39 a few minutes ago. Something strange going on there. $19 is a more reasonable upgrade price.
Quoted from an article in their 'press room':
"50% Off Introductory Pricing

String Studio VS-3 is available now at a suggested retail price of US$199. Upgrades for String Studio VS-1 and VS-2 registered users are priced at $79."

What's going on there at AAS?

Dewdman42 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm It was showing $39 earlier for me and just now it shows $19 for the upgrade in the same place it showed $39 a few minutes ago. Something strange going on there. $19 is a more reasonable upgrade price.

I had both offers at the same time, I added each to my cart and checked which serial number they related to. $39 from the modelling collection and $19 from String Studio v1. Both with String Theory.
Maybe because I owned the 'old' String Theory?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hmm... I had an offer to complete the Modeling collection with VS-3 and Objeq for $49. I had already bought Objeq earlier and registered it instead. No change in the complete collection price, just Objeq dropped from the list :D

And now an hour later: the Complete your Modeling collection (with VS-3): $89 (Alternatively VS-3 + String theory for $39).

Tomgu wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:05 pm Hmm... I had an offer to complete the Modeling collection with VS-3 and Objeq for $49. I had already bought Objeq earlier and registered it instead. No change in the complete collection price, just Objeq dropped from the list :D

And now an hour later: the Complete your Modeling collection (with VS-3): $89 (Alternatively VS-3 + String theory for $39).
Same here with Strum-GS2 and VS-3. Strange.

PS: pluginboutique.com offers upgrades to VS-3 from either VS-1 or 2 plus what looks like a soundbank of your choice for around 34€ (VAT incl. for European customers). At least they throw in some additional loyalty points. Since I already own 'String Theory' this looks like a slightly better deal to me.

atya wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 pm Since I already own 'String Theory' this looks like a slightly better deal to me.
Wasn't String Theory just released today? How do you already own it?

jsp1979 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 pm
atya wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 pm Since I already own 'String Theory' this looks like a slightly better deal to me.
Wasn't String Theory just released today? How do you already own it?
Good question! :?:

Just having a play, & this seems like a good update to me. The twin Arps & mods for each synth layer a great bonus
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Return to “Instruments”