Logic pro x update is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Make sure to update :)
nothing fancy in terms of new stuff. I like apple. They make a lot of great frequent (and free) updates.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

Thanks for the heads up :)
Feels like a bigger update is coming soon. Maybe 10.5 or even 11, perhaps in January or so ?

Hope it doesnt require High Sierra

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 pm Hope it doesnt require High Sierra
Yep, that's my fear, too, but I am afraid that is exactly what will happen or maybe even Mojave if they release LP11. They did the same thing with Final Cut recently, in order to get 10.4.3+ you need at least High Sierra.
I am very happy with (low? :D ) Sierra, not interested in High SIerra, neither Mojave until 10.14.5 update. :dog:

Hasn't dropped here, yet.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

trancema wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 pm Thanks for the heads up :)
Feels like a bigger update is coming soon. Maybe 10.5 or even 11, perhaps in January or so ?

Yes from what I know, the major updates (10.3, 10.4...) are usually in January.

Im also on low sierra. Looking forward to the next major update. Hoping for more in the vein of the recent eq updates. Wouldnt mind comp upgrade with controls mapped like iconic devices like la2a.

I would to see drag n drop within the arrangement. A bit like Ableton

High Sierra was a pain of a switch... it is sorted at this point. So far, Mojave has been easy and works well.

I'm curious what will be in Logic 10.5. What I would most like to see is the ability to select a specific controller for a track so I can use 2 different controllers at the same time.

I'm afraid of updating to Mojave since I'm currently running Logic on a 2015 MacBook Pro. :(

It's not a must, but I hope to see some skin and gui changes for the old instruments and synths. I mean, come on, ES2 looks really weird :hihi: and old.

CircuitTree wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:00 pm I'm afraid of updating to Mojave since I'm currently running Logic on a 2015 MacBook Pro. :(
Mojave just runs fine for me on my Macbook Pro 2013.

alonl6 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm Make sure to update :)
nothing fancy in terms of new stuff. I like apple. They make a lot of great frequent (and free) updates.
Reaper users couldn't help laughting :hihi:
Perhaps one day logic X will catch up with Reaper, there is still a long way to go !

dupont wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:00 pm
alonl6 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm Make sure to update :)
Reaper users couldn't help laughting :hihi:
Perhaps one day logic X will catch up with Reaper, there is still a long way to go !
Really? I'd definitely be interested in a like-for-like comparison of the last 4 years of Logic and Reaper, to work out just why you think what Apple has done is laughable :shrug:

Just bug-fixes, here. Not complaining, but definitely think that some bigger things are being held back for the new year :tu: Maybe 10.5 is paid upgrade time?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”