Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, updated the file for the link near the correct location. Also, presets saved since this version includes the ID of the plugin, so even if you rename the plugin, it will find the right file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 04 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 98

- New Plugins Manager. Now you can scan multiple plugins folder and manage effects and instruments to be used with the VST Effects slot.
- You can find the Plugins Manager link in the global menu (click the wusik logo) or in the effects->VST menu. You can click on a plugin to open the option's list: rename, activate, show first on the TOP of the list (it always shows effects and after instruments, but you can set plugins to show on the top of each list).

Cheers, WilliamK

Ok, fixed the installer problem for the Crisis GM SF2 file. Should work now. :cool:

So I uploaded a new file there.
WIN_Crisis_GM_SF2_Installer.zip

WilliamK wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:28 pm Ok, fixed the installer problem for the Crisis GM SF2 file. Should work now. :cool:

So I uploaded a new file there.
WIN_Crisis_GM_SF2_Installer.zip
Installer works (doesn't hang).
I see that Crisis is installed to the Soundsets folder and appears in the browser in EVE.
And we can of course do this manually with any SF2 file.
But worth pointing out to users that there is no need to do this for soundfonts already on your computer. You can just load a soundfont directly into a sound slot, create and save a preset, then subsequent loading of that preset will find the soundfont (so no need to double hard drive space). Or you can just use the Extra Folders feature which amounts to having shortcuts in EVE's browser to existing computer folders.

Plugin Manager. I'm afraid I'm confused.
Click on a plugin.
What does "Is active" mean?
What does "Remove Plugin" mean? From the list? Which list, the Plugin Manager list or the list back in EVE? Or from it's folder (yikes)?
Now click on Options:
"Clear list"...I guess that wipes the whole list? Where from? In the manager? Back in EVE?
"Enable" and "disable" ? How does this relate to "active"? (Or "load"?).

I tried scanning some of my folders that contain plugins....they come up on the list in red text reading "Deactivated ! Bad Init".

WilliamK wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 pmYou must download and run WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe to update some data files (scanner and bridge files)
Just checking if you did this, as it installs the scanner files. ;-) Still, I will rename a few things out to make this more clear and also add a check for the missing scanner files. :oops:

WilliamK wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:10 am
WilliamK wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 pmYou must download and run WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe to update some data files (scanner and bridge files)
Just checking if you did this, as it installs the scanner files. ;-) Still, I will rename a few things out to make this more clear and also add a check for the missing scanner files. :oops:
Yes, ran the new NoSounds. Actually the first time I did it I ended up with the old VST Effects folders still there alongside the new VST Plugins folders, so I deleted the whole Shared folder then re-installed NoSounds from scratch.

Another thing to keep in mind is that depending on where your plugins folder is located, you will need to run your host/daw with administrator rights. In my machine, for instance, they are in a protected folder, so I can only get it to work if I do the admin thingy...

Ok, beta 102 is there now, Windows only. I renamed a few things and also added a warning message with any scanner file is missing, as it uses extra files to scan plugins. Also, always best to run the host/daw with admin rights or else it may fail scanning plugins. It's a Windows thing, not much I can do about. :shrug:

I will update the manual soon to reflect all the latest changes. :cool:

Beta 102:
Ok, had to run REAPER as admin...even though the plugins I was aiming for are in "C:\VST2\64 bit" which is not a protected folder I think?

I can see that ticking "Is hidden" hides the plugin in EVE.
But Options> Disable Selected causes the entry to show "Is Hidden" but it's not hidden in EVE!
What is Options> Enable/Disable. What is enabling, or to put it another way, why would I disable?

Ah, I will rename that to hide too and reverse the logic, sorry. :dog:

I still don't get why windows is so cumbersome with it comes to those admin rights... :cry:

Admin rights ...GRRRR!!

Internet been down in the last hurricane. We took a hell of a beating although have seen worse. Privilege to live on the rim's edge although Allah doesn't have much mercy on those who test being in harm's way out of ignorance in a place you should not probably be to begin with.

Neighbor across the street died in the holocaust, but the docs said she went quick.

Trying to pick up the marbles where I was at in all of this.

Book keeping. The expansion of the user libraries of fonts and files with beta 102 carries forward the same undos that need to be put back. Open ended addition is a major move forward.

The sfz filter no longer works, while it did before several betas ago. Sfz is once again immersed in the sea of wav and flac files.

Desirable option also now missing is the renaming of user designated locations. Low priority on the fix requests and nothing interfering with function. If you had some third party library in some folder, maybe named #$gh&^123*. This name will carry forward. Previous betas allowed to rename the library to something more recognizable.

johnK

Didn't had time to update, latest here is Beta 94 and just for reference that might be needed, sfz filter works on it.

BETA 104, windows only. Download and run WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe too.

I updated the plugin's manager, it no longer requires administrator rights, unless the plugin you are trying to use is in a protected folder. So both scanner and bridger will first try to load without admin rights, if it fails, it tries to run with that, but will only work if the daw/host has admin rights too. Resuming, if the plugins are in a non-protected folder, no admin rights is required, the code will take care of the rest. ;-)

Cheers

John, tell me a folder where sfz files shows and also shows wav files? Thanks. :oops:

Return to “Instruments”