NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Cinebient
KVRAF
3738 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am

My most awaited iOS app ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqdRoDCp1_4

mindnoise
KVRist
151 posts since 2 Feb, 2007 from German Guy in Tokyo

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:19 am

Looks very tidy and neat, I def. like it!
Author of CURiOS - iOS-Musicians magazine for http://www.AMAZONA.de - Germany's longest running online musician's magazine.

SLiC
KVRAF
2956 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 am

I loved the original Nanostudio, for a while it was probably one of the best iPad music apps, but that was many years ago and I am not sure how this will do against Cubasis 2 or even Gadget. Does anyone with an iPad not have this base covered (its not cheap as apps go)
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Cinebient
KVRAF
3738 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 am

SLiC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 am
I loved the original Nanostudio, for a while it was probably one of the best iPad music apps, but that was many years ago and I am not sure how this will do against Cubasis 2 or even Gadget. Does anyone with an iPad not have this base covered (its not cheap as apps go)
For me best iOS DAW ever. Alone the synth is worth the money. I even think it´s better than a lot desktop tools.
Cubasis and Gadget are way behind this workflow for me on a multi-touch device.
It all started with NS1 for me and now there is finally v2.
Damn...i´m more excited than waiting for Dune 3 :D

SLiC
KVRAF
2956 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am

It may well be great, unfortunately no demo on iOS...but I look forward to seeing what other think.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

bungle
KVRAF
1571 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am

SLiC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am
It may well be great, unfortunately no demo on iOS...but I look forward to seeing what other think.
It's not just great, it is perfection, I have never used it but i know it is the best app that has ever been made because the developer once made an app that was amazing six years ago (Sarcasm)
Looks pretty good in the demos, but has no audio tracks, no sample slicing, no timestretch and a developer that has a serious issue with meeting his own deadlines, yes it could be great, but it's late in the game and other software already exists now that does most of what this does, it wont have the impact NS1 did, beyond the obvious fanboyism that is (Reality)
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

Cinebient
KVRAF
3738 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 am

Best iOS synth ever....and the DAW is just the topping :D

Atlatnesiti
KVRer
12 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:49 am

Cinebient wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am
My most awaited iOS app ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqdRoDCp1_4
Too little and 5 years too late and behind Cubasis, Auria, Beatmaker and even free GarageBand.
And there is the price for this what really should be .1 free update:
I have paid - all in aus $ as follows:
49$ - Nanostudio 2
9 of 9.99$ - each of so called expansion packs
Total price of fully working NS2 is approx $130 AU..! And wait for the punchline, Audio recording will be available sometime in mid 2019. Judging by how long it took them to implement 64bit edition of existing NS! - 6 years!!! I wouldn’t count on it anyway.
What a waste of money...
As it is, Cubasis is the king of all iOS Daws and will remain so especially with the recent merger.

Atlatnesiti
KVRer
12 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:57 am

Cinebient wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 am
Best iOS synth ever....and the DAW is just the topping :D
You can’t be serious....
I have about 260 synths on my iPad Pro and NS2 is ok, but probably ranking as 100ish and definetely it is way far behind to be the best, maybe are you limited to your fanboy NS 1 hemisphere perhaps.
Btw: Best iOS DAW IS Cubasis - NO Contest 😄
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC
KVRAF
2956 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:14 am

Yes, best iOS synths in my opinion coming from Moog, Korg, Astoria etc NS2 synths are way behind these plugged in to Cubasis 2.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Atlatnesiti
KVRer
12 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:47 am

SLiC wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:14 am
Yes, best iOS synths in my opinion coming from Moog, Korg, Astoria etc NS2 synths are way behind these plugged in to Cubasis 2.
You can plug in anything you want to Cubasis

Cinebient
KVRAF
3738 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 am

Atlatnesiti wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:57 am
Cinebient wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 am
Best iOS synth ever....and the DAW is just the topping :D
You can’t be serious....
I have about 260 synths on my iPad Pro and NS2 is ok, but probably ranking as 100ish and definetely it is way far behind to be the best, maybe are you limited to your fanboy NS 1 hemisphere perhaps.
Btw: Best iOS DAW IS Cubasis - NO Contest 😄
Yes.I´m serious. Maybe you are not into sound design and easy workflow.
I mean for analog power there are far better options but is there even any other hybrid synth which loads samples as OSC (and no BM3 or Audio Layer doesn´t do it).
The most interesting part for me is the FM and sample OSC.
I own tons of apps and plug-ins for mac and i think Obsidian is even better as Falcon. Not in terms of features but workflow and CPU usage of course as well.
But i´m interested where you think Obsidian could be much better.
Cubasis? No thank´s. Cubase is a great desktop DAW but Cubasis is terrible.

Cinebient
KVRAF
3738 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 am

Atlatnesiti wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:49 am
Cinebient wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am
My most awaited iOS app ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqdRoDCp1_4
Too little and 5 years too late and behind Cubasis, Auria, Beatmaker and even free GarageBand.
And there is the price for this what really should be .1 free update:
I have paid - all in aus $ as follows:
49$ - Nanostudio 2
9 of 9.99$ - each of so called expansion packs
Total price of fully working NS2 is approx $130 AU..! And wait for the punchline, Audio recording will be available sometime in mid 2019. Judging by how long it took them to implement 64bit edition of existing NS! - 6 years!!! I wouldn’t count on it anyway.
What a waste of money...
As it is, Cubasis is the king of all iOS Daws and will remain so especially with the recent merger.
Depends of your needs. Cubasis is pretty useless for me.
Something like the groups/stacked tracks like in NS2 is needed.
Fully working? You don´t need to buy IAP. I also wouldn´t buy them since i don´t need them since i have much better samples to import into it already.
For a bigger company like Steinberg they could learn from the one man show how to make a multi-touch app.
But where Cubasis is better is the virtual keyboard control input options. But that´s it.
Of course preferences. If you don´t like NS2 fine....move on and have fun with Cubasis.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”