Will Dune 3 be finally released or will I have to torture puppies ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:38 pm Don't any of you quit your day jobs to go into comedy.
It has become somewhat cringe worthy but at least now it's just bad jokes. When Dune 3 is released that's when the bitching will start. "Why didn't you add the feature I wanted ? Why ? You suuuuuuck".

I'm sure Richard is working hard and it just as anxious to release D3 as we are....or he just enjoys torturing people. :lol:

I'm sure it's the former and not the latter.....
Dune 2, being as great as it is, Dune 3 can't possibly be bad unless they removed things. As I am short on funds, upgrading will depend on some unrealistic expectations on my part because I simply can't afford another synth right now unless it is out of this world earth shattering. That scenario is unlikely since this isn't going to be a brand new synth like Dune 2 was to Dune.

But we'll see. Richard might surprise me.

The Dune 3 update should expand the range of sounds it can make so open up the opportunity to create and sell new sound banks and thus recover the cost of upgrading ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Helloooooooooooo?
Nothing to see here....
Richard goes to my black list now :D

:lol:

They should sell replacement F5 keys........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There‘s nothing to see here,
keep moving!

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:55 pm The Dune 3 update should expand the range of sounds it can make so open up the opportunity to create and sell new sound banks and thus recover the cost of upgrading ? :)
Yeah, I'm sure. Probably anyway. But on a purely musical level (I actually write lots of music) is it going to give me anything that I don't already have in Dune 2 and, for that matter, other synths that I already own? Unless it incorporates "new" synthesis algorithms, it's doubtful. I mean Dune 2, adding spectral, granular and physical modeling synthesis to it, just for starters, would in fact create a different beast that, along with its already unique features (8 voices all individually programmable for starters)

THAT is something I would pay for simply for the purpose of making music without any thought of deriving an income. Because that would truly be one amazing synthesizer.

But I think you and I both know that the above scenario isn't going to happen.

More likely than not, Dune 3 will probably add the following:

More filters
More LFOs
More MSEGs
Wavetable Editor
More and/or better FX

None of the above really turns Dune 3 into a new synth. Sure, nice to have, especially the wavetable editor, but by no means a deal maker for me.

Of course the upgrade price will also determine whether or not I upgrade. $99? Probably not. $50? More likely.

Ultimately, it's all going to come down to what Dune 3 has to offer.

I'm just not as excited about this release as others here, even though Dune 2 is my favorite synth.

And maybe that's part of the problem.

Last edited by ZeePok on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

I wonder if there will be an additional price reduction if one owns The Legend and Dune 2. It is certainly a trend that I like and means that I am more likely to purchase!

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:22 pm :lol:

They should sell replacement F5 keys........
But if you use a touch bar it‘s getting more expensive.

There should be a special price for us : we've promoted the Dune 3 release (well, our own way) more than anyone. :D
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:52 pm There should be a special price for us : we've promoted the Dune 3 release (well, our own way) more than anyone. :D
Which release? It´s all just spice in the wind :D

gettin' itchy for the Spice?

Cinebient wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 pm
DJErmac wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:52 pm There should be a special price for us : we've promoted the Dune 3 release (well, our own way) more than anyone. :D
Which release? It´s all just spice in the wind :D
True ! :lol:
Dune 3 release is like a Nostradamus prediction : we talk about a lot but it never happens.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

is it released ?

Return to “Instruments”