What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:36 pm Lol! You guys are great! Sylenth1 sounds good to my ears - simple as that. And I do value my daughter's opinions on isolated sounds especially partly because her ears are better then mine - know why I say that? Because being younger, she hasn't suffered the high-frequency loss that I have from age, from years of abuse, yada yada -

I got into ghost hunting for a while - it can be *really* interesting from a audiophile/listener perspective - especially examining raw recordings from so-called hunts. Anyway I found that my daughter is better at picking up on stuff, making out stuff from recordings, then I am. I should mention that she also plays several instruments; and listens to music constantly - most of it is what I might call produced but ecletic - YouTube artists that I've never heard of before she introduced them to me.

There are many ways of promoting yourself & in this case: your performance & recording art - and unfortunately in this day and age, it seems to be fashionable to act like a bull in a China shop.

I just watched a documentary last night about Led Zeppelin - what was fascinating is what civilized human beings all the band members were - and incredibly successful monetarily, as we all know. Why? Largely it looked like because of Peter Grant, their manager - who was an intimidating jerk, who controlled everything - he went so far as to promote ridiculous myths of band excesses, etc - to create a narrative that was larger then life; and in large part untrue. Sure: the members all had their weaknesses - just like the rest of us. But by the time John Bonham died - they were basically family men.

Angry, loud, often gets the job done - depending on the job - certainly effective promotion for some genres of music.

From the first time that I heard Sylenth1 all those years ago, until I fired it up recently - it has always sounded extremely good! What makes it special this day & age is that it is very conservative on CPU's - that can be Godsend depending on the circumstances that it's being used in.
repeat!
miss a go!!!!

im lookin for free eee dom :singer:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:38 pm What are you two talking about 8) What does Hasselhoff or Hoffs have to do with anything? :o
the hoff abides!

Stop divurting :)

Lol - sorry, vurt! I *did* delete the long-winded SOB, but you were quicker - am I allowed to blame the mistake on my flip-phone?

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 pm Lol - sorry, vurt! I *did* delete the long-winded SOB, but you were quicker - am I allowed to blame the mistake on my flip-phone?
im like barry allen!
cept not as whiney!!!!

blame it on the boogie, just leave the sun and moon out of it :hihi:

:hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:26 pm Also, I don't know what kind of music you do like (let's call it x), but when you say you don't like Reggae (something we actually agree on :hihi: ), you do think x is better than Reggae in one or more ways. Else you would not dislike Reggae and like x.
No, you see that's where you and I are different and you STILL don't get it.

I don't like Reggae but I don't look down on it and I don't think the music I listen to is BETTER than Reggae. This is the point you don't seem to get.

There is no such thing as one music being BETTER than another. We may prefer one musical style over another but that doesn't mean the style we prefer is BETTER than the style we don't prefer. Saying the style we prefer is BETTER is inferring that the style we DON'T prefer is inferior in quality.

That is the very definition of being an elitist snob.

If you don't get that I can't help you get it.

Must have something to do with the difference in our two cultures.

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 pm Lol - sorry, vurt! I *did* delete the long-winded SOB, but you were quicker - am I allowed to blame the mistake on my flip-phone?
im like barry allen!
cept not as whiney!!!!

Don't pick on my boy Barry. Just because he keeps f**king up the time line doesn't mean you can talk smack about him.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 pm
im like barry allen!
cept not as whiney!!!!

Don't pick on my boy Barry. Just because he keeps f**king up the time line doesn't mean you can talk smack about him.

im the only man alive fast enough to stop...
the thinker = dude in a wheelchair
cicada = dude with terrible lung issues...

next season
the one legged bloke with pleurisy!!!

however...
does it look like we might get crisis on infinite earths to you?
:hyper:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:26 pm Also, I don't know what kind of music you do like (let's call it x), but when you say you don't like Reggae (something we actually agree on :hihi: ), you do think x is better than Reggae in one or more ways. Else you would not dislike Reggae and like x.

I don't like Reggae but I don't look down on it and I don't think the music I listen to is BETTER than Reggae. This is the point you don't seem to get.

There is no such thing as one music being BETTER than another. We may prefer one musical style over another but that doesn't mean the style we prefer is BETTER than the style we don't prefer. Saying the style we prefer is BETTER is inferring that the style we DON'T prefer is inferior in quality.

Liking something is not voodoo, it is based on specific characteristics, such as rhythm, key, lyrics or whatever. So, I think you are just being dishonest there, maybe knowingly, maybe not, but still...
We like some things more than others because we think they are better in one way or another.
People say it all the time, they like to listen to good music. I.e. they think that good music is better than not so good music, obviously.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

might be voodoo.
if someone puts a curse on you "you will forever more like coldplay" and you end up even going to see them live, that's voodoo. it has to be?
no one likes coldplay through choice surely?

good music?
https://youtu.be/rBNJ52YSKww

hell yes!

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Liking something is not voodoo, it is based on specific characteristics, such as rhythm, key, lyrics or whatever. So, I think you are just being dishonest there, maybe knowingly, maybe not, but still...
We like some things more than others because we think they are better in one way or another.
People say it all the time, they like to listen to good music. I.e. they think that good music is better than not so good music, obviously.
And so all the people who hate classical music, what, they're all wrong? Because classical music, according to the elitist musical snobs that I had to grow up with, is supposed to be the ultimate in musical skill and greatness.

But news flash. Not everybody loves classical music.

So what? They're WRONG and the people who like classical music are RIGHT?

Again, you are equating music with quality, skill, whatever. That is the very definition of elitist for something that is PURELY a matter of TASTE.

And what kills me is you actually believe this bullshit that you're spouting out.

You truly believe that the music you like is of actual better QUALITY than the music you DON'T like.

You are f**king unreal.

And don't you go telling me what I like and don't like and whether I'm being honest about it. You don't know Jack shit about me. I grew up listening to more kinds of music than you've probably ever heard of. My record collection probably outnumbers yours 1000 to 1.

The more you open your mouth the more elitist and snobbish you sound.

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:40 pm might be voodoo.
if someone puts a curse on you "you will forever more like coldplay" and you end up even going to see them live, that's voodoo. it has to be?
no one likes coldplay through choice surely?
I like Coldplay. I also liked The Osmond Brother when they were big in the early 70s.

I also like Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Stravinsky and Mozart.

I also like Dragonforce, Metallica and Ozzy Osborne solo works.

And yeah, I also like Garth Brooks, John Michael Montgomery and Randy Travis.

Not to mention Yes, Genesis, Kansas, Gentle Giant and Renaissance.

None of this stuff, mind you, do I consider superior in quality to Bob Marley or Linkin Park.

You can actually like one thing and not like another thing and not be so full or yourself like FLS that you insist that the thing you like is of better quality than the thing you don't like.

I can't even imagine what it's like being inside his head.

Thank God I'm not like that.

Return to “Instruments”