DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Does it have a new Factory bank?

Congratulations for the new release :tu:

I'm a little bit disappointed when I saw the screenshots though. It gives me the impression that it is the same design and workflow as Dune 2 but with more features.

I need to demo it first, but most likely it is has less priority for me to upgrade.

Well, it's kinda like "DUNE 2.8" in my opinion.

It sounds better, it has a WT editor and some new filters (OTOH, if D2 was at this level of sound quality, I wouldn't have sold the license; oh well, what can you do).

But ... it still feels like it's still DUNE 2 and not something new (as was anticipated).

Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:09 pm Can they lock that puppies thread now? :hihi:
That Thread was absolute Gold :hihi: :hihi:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Predictable... people whining already ...

Great update, congratulations Synapse-Audio!
Last edited by simmo75 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steep upgrade price in my opinion when it doesnt seem like a full 3.0....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

simmo75 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:37 pm Predictable... people whining already ...

Well, you said it yourself. Seems like an update (in all honesty, a killer update, but an update nonetheless) and not a new version.

Caine123 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm Steep upgrade price in my opinion when it doesnt seem like a full 3.0....
I couldn't find the upgrade price anywhere, is it stated somewhere?

Edit: Found it when logging into my account. It's not the end of the world, but $59 would have made the choice easier :)

Second edit: Looking great though, so I might pull the trigger soon.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

acYm wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:53 pm "nks approved" LOL

sorry, the idea that nks is a standard of some kind will always make me laugh. approved for the worst control surface on the market? gee, that's good to know.

should remove that from your blurb tbh
companies shouldn't support or give credence to nks, noobs wasting their hard-earned money on this dead-end excuse for a platform is the only thing it can lead to.
NKS-ready means it went through NI's approval process. They check out all patches carefully, test all versions, the controller template, etc. This is not just important for NKS, but it improves the overall stability since it means extra stress testing. So it is very useful overall :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

djanthonyw wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:18 pm Is the copy protection C/R now like The Legend?
And if it’s C/R now, am I able to upgrade from my Dune 2 NFR and be able to sell my Dune 3 license?
You are currently reading my signature.

Congrats Richard.

rsp
sound sculptist

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:31 pm Does it have a new Factory bank?
Yes it has more than 500 new patches, taking advantage of all the new features in DUNE 3. The factory library from DUNE 2 is included as well, so the total library size is now slightly more than 1000 patches.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Why no drag and drop mod matrix? A no go in 2018. Love dune 2 but i always hated the mod matrix. Man.... why not check hive. Avenger etc. Even old school rob papen has it...
A lazy update not 3.0 version. Sorry for negativity but i expected more.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It appears the arp has no direct editing, that you have to create your MIDI file in your DAW, or elsewhere, and import the MIDI file into Dune 3.

Ghost Dog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:37 pm Predictable... people whining already ...

Well, you said it yourself. Seems like an update (in all honesty, a killer update, but an update nonetheless) and not a new version.
And $79 is a good price for it considering all the work and new features.

Return to “Instruments”