DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Saukar30 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm So to all you who dont like the update... have you emailed Synapse about your requests, concerns & crashes? If you respectfully correspond with them they most likely will take action in future. Or do you just wanna be mad & post online?
You mean like this thread already mentions 3+ times the mod matrix drag&drop improvement:
https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... =5&t=12072

Not sure why it has to mentioned over and over again, I'm pretty sure they're aware of it.

Btw: I'm not mad. Just stating that for me it's not (yet) worth the upgrade price, so I'll be waiting.
Last edited by dermage on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah at 80 bucks the new features is sorta lame for me. I can live without em and not feel like im missing anything. I think that speaks volumes about how well dune 2 is. Maybe if it was like 39$ for dune 2 users i might be compelled, but not at that upgrade price. I can buy a whole new synth at that price.

And im still very curious as to what will happen wuth dune 1. If he chooses not to sell it then its fair game to pirate imho. I would hope he chooses to give it away or sell it cheap, otherwise hes just leaving money on the table.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Pyrotek45

v1o wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 am
djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 am
Benjamin923 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 am So it is C/R copy protection?
I'm trying to find the official explanation of the CP scheme but am having no luck. I'll let Richard explain.

It it painless in my opinion and I'm very particular about what CP schemes I use. There is no need to send a Challenge code and receive a Response Code.

There is a small activation program in the Dune 3 folder that handles it but again I'll let Richard explain as I don't want to get it wrong.......
The fact that you need to phone home to authorize software that you pay for is what's off putting about challenge response... not the entering of the response code. I have a few pieces of software that are C/R, but I choose to limit the amount of software that uses such CP to a bare minimum because I don't want to have to worry about ever going through the hassle of asking for permission to install software I already paid for when it comes time to install on newer computers.
You are just fussy. I’m surprised you are not moaning about effort required in having to install software that you already own.
You’re completely missing the point. It’s about being self sufficient and not having to worry about how you’re going to use the product you paid for if anything happens to the dev one day. Something tells me you’ve never experienced that.
You are currently reading my signature.

Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 pm
Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 pm I have just imported a waveform from Serum. 32bit, 2048 samples. After the second waveform, DUNE3 has completely crashed with Reaper.
Which OS and Reaper version do you use?
Reaper 5.963 64Bit. The same in Cubase 10. Import a Wave than klick on + and then Crash.
Did not happen during beta testing and doing my own patches.

I shortly checked again with this setup/hosts, again no crash so far:
- 64-bit VST2 in Live 10.0.5
- 64-bit VST2 in Cubase 9.5.41
- 64-bit AAX in Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.10.0

This is with the full/NFR version of DUNE v3.00 (release version).
But who checked it on Studio One 4, Reaper, Bitwig and Cubase 10?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Saukar30 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm So to all you who dont like the update... have you emailed Synapse about your requests, concerns & crashes? If you respectfully correspond with them they most likely will take action in future. Or do you just wanna be mad & post online?
I would, if i could reproduce the crash issue i had in Studio One. Not sure who you think is mad here, though. I don't see many mad people. Don't be so sensitive.

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pmIf he chooses not to sell it then its fair game to pirate imho.
Seriously?

If you didn't buy it when it was on sale what makes you think you're entitled to a DUNE license now? Do you really think piracy is an acceptable way to achieve that?

djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm You’re completely missing the point. It’s about being self sufficient and not having to worry about how you’re going to use the product you paid for if anything happens to the dev one day. Something tells me you’ve never experienced that.
So based on some possible future where the plugin stops working and the dev goes out of business and they didn't leave any method to keep the plugin working you'll pass on that plugin altogether ?

Seems a shame to pass on such a great synth just because of unjustified paranoia. If Synapse were a new company run by unknown developers I could see the fear being justified but with a company that's been around for going on two decades now and that is run by really nice people who don't strike me as the type who would just screw over their users in case things go bad I think it's unjustified paranoia.

For the record I'm as anti-copy protection as anyone but the Synapse method is totally painless. I think you're over reacting. But I won't buy a dongle so to each his own.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SynthRatings wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:24 pm I've made a quick video showing off the new features and what I like and don't like about the upgrade. Not a full review by any means, but something to take a look at if you are away from your computer and can't wait to check out the upgrade :phones:

As far as I'm aware it's the first video about Dune 3 to come online :party:
Check it out here:
https://youtu.be/kzeoGUfW2_E

Not a bad quick and dirty video, thanks. The SK filters were in dune 2 FYI.

So, its dune 2 with full wavetable editor, extra filter, improved algorithms, Gui resizing, and enough presets to make everyone an instant edm star. also, we have established it has audio rate modulation... thank the lord.

It's missing drag and drop and doesn't have a edit lock (my request of dune 3). So, I will still have to go into settings and up the quality setting everytime I load a preset, but at least it was preserved.

demo time.

time to demo.

I'll stick to Dune 1 :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm And im still very curious as to what will happen wuth dune 1. If he chooses not to sell it then its fair game to pirate imho.
So every time a developer releases a new version of their plugin they should give the old versions away for free ? That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen at KVR and that is saying a lot. :roll:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm

And im still very curious as to what will happen wuth dune 1. If he chooses not to sell it then its fair game to pirate imho. I would hope he chooses to give it away or sell it cheap, otherwise hes just leaving money on the table.

dune1 has been free in mags for years, i doubt Rich is worried about piracy.

its a legacy product that prob isnt selling, so if its been taken down, its for a good reason

Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 pm
Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 pm I have just imported a waveform from Serum. 32bit, 2048 samples. After the second waveform, DUNE3 has completely crashed with Reaper.
Which OS and Reaper version do you use?
Reaper 5.963 64Bit. The same in Cubase 10. Import a Wave than klick on + and then Crash.
Did not happen during beta testing and doing my own patches.

I shortly checked again with this setup/hosts, again no crash so far:
- 64-bit VST2 in Live 10.0.5
- 64-bit VST2 in Cubase 9.5.41
- 64-bit AAX in Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.10.0

This is with the full/NFR version of DUNE v3.00 (release version).
OK I have checked as I have Cubase 10- no crashes, cant get a crash the way the user above reported.

I have also checked Studio One 4 (latest version) and got no crashes.

For good measure I have also checked Bitwig, VCV Rack (host) and AKAI MPC 2...all worked fine (no crashes) and I tried importing and editing waves in each of them...only thing I can't try is save (demo!!)

So on Windows 10 64 bit seems it seems very stable to me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

He could just make it a free download.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 pm He could just make it a free download.
:clown:

Dasheesh wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:45 pm
SynthRatings wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:24 pm I've made a quick video showing off the new features and what I like and don't like about the upgrade. Not a full review by any means, but something to take a look at if you are away from your computer and can't wait to check out the upgrade :phones:

As far as I'm aware it's the first video about Dune 3 to come online :party:
Check it out here:
https://youtu.be/kzeoGUfW2_E
Not a bad quick and dirty video, thanks. The SK filters were in dune 2 FYI.
Thanks, the problem with quick videos is to get all the facts straight :hyper:

So, the new filter types are in fact:
- CL Notch
- CL Deep Notch
- AM Alpha 24dB
- AM Polaris 24dB
- AM Pro 12dB
- AM Pro 24dB
- AM Saturn 24dB
- BR Lowpass 36 dB
- BR Lowpass 60 dB
- BW Highpass 36 dB