DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm

If you literally can not buy the software becuase its no longer sold than i see no problem wity pirating it. You cant even argue that the dev loses sales at that point , if theyre not selling it.

It's not yours, you don't own it, you were borrowing it and they took it back. welcome to software.

Frantz wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm I guess I am the only one who doesn't like the UI pretending it is hardware: a monochrome LCD "screen", wooden end cheeks, wheels, etc. I would prefer if the UI were optimized to be the softsynth it actually is.
You can make your own skin for DUNE 3 that perfectly fits your preferences. The default GUI fits my preferences although I will make some color edits for the dials etc since I don't like red. I love GUIs that "pretend to be hardware" since I grew up using hardware.

There are quite a few skins available for DUNE 2 from several artists so I assume given enough time there will be alternative skins for D3 as well......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dasheesh wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:45 pm no one in synth history has had need for more then a 4 part multi,
You've known every synth user in history ? Impressive !

I've needed more than 4 so there goes your theory out the window right there....
Dasheesh wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:45 pm You can cut a lot of the bloat IMO, but "people" would scream about it.
One man's bloat is another man's essential feature. :wink:

You're starting to sound like BONES now. You don't really want to do that do you ? :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 am
djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 am
Benjamin923 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 am So it is C/R copy protection?
I'm trying to find the official explanation of the CP scheme but am having no luck. I'll let Richard explain.

It it painless in my opinion and I'm very particular about what CP schemes I use. There is no need to send a Challenge code and receive a Response Code.

There is a small activation program in the Dune 3 folder that handles it but again I'll let Richard explain as I don't want to get it wrong.......
The fact that you need to phone home to authorize software that you pay for is what's off putting about challenge response... not the entering of the response code. I have a few pieces of software that are C/R, but I choose to limit the amount of software that uses such CP to a bare minimum because I don't want to have to worry about ever going through the hassle of asking for permission to install software I already paid for when it comes time to install on newer computers.
You are just fussy. I’m surprised you are not moaning about effort required in having to install software that you already own.
You’re completely missing the point. It’s about being self sufficient and not having to worry about how you’re going to use the product you paid for if anything happens to the dev one day. Something tells me you’ve never experienced that.
Gotcha. I misread your post initially.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Been demoing this all day. It's funny how everyone is preoccupied with moaning and completely missing the fact that this synth just sounds phenomenal. The sound quality on this is breaking new ground. I don't even think there is any hardware synth that can beat Dune 3. DSP usage is also low at least compared to Reveal sound Spire.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:03 pm Been demoing this all day. It's funny how everyone is preoccupied with moaning and completely missing the fact that this synth just sounds phenomenal. The sound quality on this is breaking new ground. I don't even think there is any hardware synth that can beat Dune 3. DSP usage is also low at least compared to Reveal sound Spire.
Wish there were some good audio examples...

Nice how richard doesnt reply to the drag and drop topic and the new preset marketing :lol:

Seems many more are not that happy. Im no fanboy of other products but others do better upgrades than synapse atm and i totally trusted them! Not anymore to suck like that and call it v3. And promote presets for a new version :x :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

From the time Richard included zero delay feedback filters, I think in Dune 2, it has really sounded great to me. As does Legend.
Last night D3 sounded much better than D2. This morning I am not so sure :).... May have been initial excitement :).
But it does sound great..but breaking new ground? Not sure I agree with you there.
rsp
sound sculptist

Why is drag and drop so important?! Unless of course the source and target lists are like 3 feet long so you have to scroll a lot, or even worse use up and down arrow keys 8)

I've played with the Dune 3 demo for a few hours now. It sounds Dune 2.8 great, but a missed opportunity to overhaul the GUI. I feel a $130 intro price, with $30 upgrade would have hit the spot.

Caine123 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm Seems many more are not that happy. Im no fanboy of other products but others do better upgrades than synapse atm and i totally trusted them! Not anymore to suck like that and call it v3. And promote presets for a new version :x :hihi:
Thank you for making me look like Nostradamus....... :lol:
Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 pm When Dune 3 is released that's when the bitching will start. "Why didn't you add the feature I wanted ? Why ? You suuuuuuck".
Anyway....Like D3 ? Buy it. Don't like it ? Don't buy it. I'm pretty sure the world will keep spinning either way.

Ok I'm off to have another play with D3. :wheee:

Let's not hijack this thread, but a quick answer:
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:18 pmSo if I may ask how do you or the software know if the license holder isn't sharing that serial number with his friends and their friends etc ? Seems like there would have to be some connection somewhere at some time. But what do I know.... :?

Once a user shares the serial, his friend will share it too. It'll travel. Until it pops up on the web and gets blacklisted in the next update. Not a risk many users seem prepared to take, but we've seen it a couple of times.
Do you license the method or could Synapse use the same system since it seems to be not only popular but effective as well ?
We do not license our stuff away, but we freely share the knowledge and experience with other plug-in developers.

v1o wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:03 pm Been demoing this all day. It's funny how everyone is preoccupied with moaning and completely missing the fact that this synth just sounds phenomenal. The sound quality on this is breaking new ground. I don't even think there is any hardware synth that can beat Dune 3. DSP usage is also low at least compared to Reveal sound Spire.
Moaning is a lot easier :wink: .
Being carefull for the placebo effect and considering I only played with it for a short time, I'd say Dune 3 sounds better than Dune 2, but only marginally as Dune 2 already sounded very nice.

As for breaking new ground my vote for synth of 2018 goes to Cypher 2 though.
But the default preset of Dune 3 gave me a "wow" effect. I guess that's why they put it as default.
I also like what they did with the EQ and the reverb. So the sound quality is certainly there.
Last edited by Stefken on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm
Frantz wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm I guess I am the only one who doesn't like the UI pretending it is hardware: a monochrome LCD "screen", wooden end cheeks, wheels, etc. I would prefer if the UI were optimized to be the softsynth it actually is.
You can make your own skin for DUNE 3 that perfectly fits your preferences. The default GUI fits my preferences although I will make some color edits for the dials etc since I don't like red. I love GUIs that "pretend to be hardware" since I grew up using hardware.
Since I hardly have time to do music, I don't have free time to make skins. Besides I like animated waveforms and filters (like Icarus) which is not something you can create in a skin.

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pmIf Richard stops selling dune 1 than it will be abondonware. If people pirate it than no harm done.
You got that wrong there. If you freeload Photoshop 3 because it does all you need, Adobe loses a sale. That is the harm here. Same if you omit buying Dune 3 because "Dune 1 is abandonware, it does all I need". It's a fallacy.

Return to “Instruments”