DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

please stop feeding the pirate discussion...all further posts on the subject will be deleted and subject to suspensions.

edit: thank you urs for your explanation :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:39 pm
JunSev wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 pm
JunSev wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:15 pm Wait a minute... can someone explain me how the copy protection of dune 3 works?
Who fuckin' cares?
What a meaningful way to respond to people, ironically from someone that just support copy protection that depends entirely on companies like Ilok/Pace and similars every time possible, and removing the user possibilities to back up their licenses/key independently of companies.

I think that if the entire population were slaves, maybe you will support that too...
I don't support iLok, i support software mechanisms which lock out pirates, and people who steal software. I support healthy companies, which get what they deserve (and that's beneficial for me as a customer in the long run too, because i don't have to pay extra for pissers who steal their stuff). And, if you really were interested in the copy protection, you'd shoot the company an email, instaed of agitating here. Instead, you're doing politics. That's why i asked who fuckin' cares. The only contact partner for your personal issue is the person who wrote the software. I doubt he'd change the code for you though. You're not that important.
What is the problem with talk about serious issues openly? do you think that I don't care about the companies and developers? I do care, and believe me, any honest developer will get my support and my money because they demonstrate they care about those issues and their costumers, and also take care about the different scenarios that the end user might face in a future.

Your blind and nothing helpful conclusion is like punish the users or make the users to pay for the bad practices of some pirates (the pirates are the bad guys, what I have to do with that? Why we can't be independent or more free from companies because some pirates disrespect the developers?).

The pirates are the people that should be blamed and their websites closed, the users doesn't have anything to do with that.

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 pm DUNE 3 is now available!

A major evolution of DUNE is finally available: DUNE 3! The new version adds many frequently requested features and comes with a new beautiful Full HD skin (in various sizes)!

Link to the product page:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html

Screenshots (Large size):
https://www.synapse-audio.com/layout/sc ... .oscva.jpg [Main View/Keyboard]
https://www.synapse-audio.com/layout/sc ... rpmseg.jpg [Arp/MSEG]

Dual filter

The revised filter section in Dune 3 now sports a dual multimode filter plus an insert effect. Different routing modes like serial/parallel and seamless blend via the Balance knob allow for unlimited creative input! New filter types have been added as well, and include zero-delay feedback filters derived from our latest analog modeling technology. For creative applications, new insert effects like the formant/vowel filter or phaser greatly increase the range of sound design possibilities.

Dual Arpeggiator

Two arpeggiator units instead of just one greatly increase the sound design capabilities of DUNE 3. The Arpeggiators can be programmed independently and support both classic Up/Down arps, as well as playing back different sequences or even MIDI files. Furthermore, new features like the Random mode or programmable Arp Hold make the arpeggiator more powerful than ever before!

Improved oscillators

At the heart of DUNE 3 are its powerful oscillator blocks. DUNE 3 supports VA, FM and Wavetable synthesis. With a maximum reserve of 8320 oscillators at full polyphony, DUNE 3 is a true unison monster, unlikely to ever run out of oscillators. New in DUNE 3 is the "Swarm" mode, an evolution of the classic Supersaw oscillator. Each oscillator gets its own subtle modulation in this mode, breathing a lot more life into the sound than possible previously!

Lots of new FX

DUNE 3 offers many new effect algorithms in all categories, Distortion, Dynamics, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Delay and Reverb. One of the most important additions is the new Equalizer, which sports technology from our GQ-7 Graphic Equalizer rack extension.

Designed as a professional mixing and mastering equalizer, the new EQ offers four bands with high-quality parametric and shelving EQs, plus two additional low- and high cut filters with variable slopes. All filters in the EQ are designed to handle modulation without artifacts, such that the EQ can be used for creative purposes outside the realm of traditional EQ applications.

Another great new effect algorithm is the new Shimmer Hall, an exclusive feature of DUNE 3 - ideal for lush ambient sounds, wonderful pads and leads!

Wavetable Editor

The new Wavetable editor introduced in DUNE 3 is one of the most powerful around. Waveforms can be created via free-hand drawing, segments, a dedicated partial editor or by entering formulas. A variety of functions like morphing, fade in/out, normalize, DC remove, Invert/Reverse make creating new wavetables a breeze. Waveforms and Wavetables can be imported and exported in WAV format and are thus compatible with a wide range of third party software.

Many detail improvements

Other than the major features, DUNE 3 comes with many detail improvements, such as:
  • Undo/Redo for patch editing, as well as the Wavetable Editor
  • MSEG Presets
  • HD Skins
  • Improved polyphonic LFOs, the LFO phase is no longer fixed to zero on each keypress
  • New LFO shape "Random Pulse". Similar to S+H, but random in time
  • "Alternate" source in the Mod Matrix which toggles its state on each keypress
  • "FX Chain Pan" destination in the Mod Matrix allows to pan the two effect busses
  • Performance improvements, some DUNE 2 patches need substantially less CPU
NKS Approved

Like its predecessor, DUNE 3 is NKS-ready. It features support for the LightGuide and its factory library is automatically integrated into Maschine, Komplete Kontrol etc., with all presets properly tagged and a custom parameter map.

DUNE 2 compatibility

Despite the many additions, DUNE 3 is fully patch-compatible with DUNE 2 and contains its entire factory library. Now the total factory library exceeds 1000 patches, all nicely sorted into categories like Arp, Bass, Lead, Pads, Textures etc.

Formats & Pricing

DUNE 3 is available in VST, Audio Unit (32-bit, 64-bit) and AAX (64-bit) formats, for Windows and OS X. It can be purchased for $179 on our shop page, DUNE 2 users can upgrade for only $79:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/shop.html

As always a free 30-day trial is available on the product page:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html

congrats on the release Richard, a fine update :tu:

Hink wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:46 pm please stop feeding the pirate discussion...all further posts on the subject will be deleted and subject to suspensions.

Jeez i wont mention the "P" word anymore. I still wanna know whats going to happen to dune 1? Will it be sold in the future?
~Pyrotek45

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm Let's not hijack this thread, but a quick answer:
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:18 pmSo if I may ask how do you or the software know if the license holder isn't sharing that serial number with his friends and their friends etc ? Seems like there would have to be some connection somewhere at some time. But what do I know.... :?

Once a user shares the serial, his friend will share it too. It'll travel. Until it pops up on the web and gets blacklisted in the next update. Not a risk many users seem prepared to take, but we've seen it a couple of times.
Do you license the method or could Synapse use the same system since it seems to be not only popular but effective as well ?
We do not license our stuff away, but we freely share the knowledge and experience with other plug-in developers.
So in effect you lose your licence if your serial falls into the wrong hands? That sounds illegal. No one would would admit to giving away their serial number, so they will tell you their email account was hacked into and the code was stolen from there.

And also how can you be so sure that no one could use a computer program to randomly generate serials. They are some very smart people out there.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm Jeez i wont mention the "P" word anymore.
You sound like you're talking to your wife. :D

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Hink wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:46 pm please stop feeding the pirate discussion...all further posts on the subject will be deleted and subject to suspensions.

Jeez i wont mention the "P" word anymore. I still wanna know whats going to happen to dune 1? Will it be sold in the future?
What do you mean by sold? It is no longer available.
Interestingly, there is not even an upgrade path from v1 to v3.
And Hydra is still available :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm Why is drag and drop so important?! Unless of course the source and target lists are like 3 feet long so you have to scroll a lot, or even worse use up and down arrow keys 8)
Why not have have a right click assign to modulation source (or dnd) if it saves time?

1. Because people request it.
2. It caters to sound designers, saving them lots of time at scale, which is good for marketing.
3. It's easier, people like easy.

Answering this question, is kind of like answering the question, "You don't want to be stupid, do you?.
How could you answer that productively? Saying, no, of course not, is a waste of time, inane, and basically doesn't help the persons case who answers it.

Anywho, I love Dune dearly, me glitching like this is a good sign. I'd be surprised if we don't see these features added at some point. I feel strongly about this one feature and will probably make a new thread just about this one feature to gather similar thoughts into one place for Richard to stumble upon hopefully, but will wait a bit until after this initial release. I'm actually wondering if I'm going to far posting this. I need Dune 3 to be a success so I don't want to impede it with untimely complaints, yada, yada. Ok, off to something better to think about or do (until I get bored again).
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 pm Interestingly, there is not even an upgrade path from v1 to v3.
There is, but only for those who have Dune 1 (from support page)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm Why is drag and drop so important?! Unless of course the source and target lists are like 3 feet long so you have to scroll a lot, or even worse use up and down arrow keys 8)
For me some form of "not going to ModMatrix" would do. Rapid does it nice (right clicking), Icarus does it. But first going to Mod Matrix is cumbersome, even more if it's hidden in a tabbed window (and not all the time available)
It's just a much slower workflow, which could easily be optimized.

Nowadays it is (for me at least) not only about sound, but also about good/fast workflow which inspires creativity.

Btw Pyrotek: Why are you not waiting some days, maybe Richard will make it available in one or other way. Why do you have to know NOW at this moment, or is it that you like trolling?

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm

why do you need to know that?

Frantz wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm I guess I am the only one who doesn't like the UI pretending it is hardware: a monochrome LCD "screen", wooden end cheeks, wheels, etc. I would prefer if the UI were optimized to be the softsynth it actually is.
No, you're not; I also feel the same.

Here are some reasons why Richard would not want to either sell or give away Dune 1.

1. Too costly to maintain. Code will probably stop working on new computer systems and Richard has no intention of making any updates to it.

2. Lack of sales. Customer service headaches outweigh income.

3. Giving away alienates customers who paid for software. By removing it, it gives the software a sense of exclusivity for those who did buy it. It becomes kind of a collectors item.

And that's just off the top of my head.

But whatever the reason, it's Richard's company and he can do what he wants. I certainly wouldn't want people telling me how to run my company. Most likely I'd ignore them anyway.

You wanted Dune 1? You should have bought it when it was available.

Nice update! I will definitely get this when I have some time to Play with it.

The main thing I was hoping for was comb filters with feedback. I hope a future update can add them to both filters, they are great for sound design. The wt editor looks really nice and worth the upgrade price alone for me. In the future I’d also like to see double the amount of msegs, and an increase in available points if it hasn’t changed. It’s such a unique synth for building complex patches. The extra arp is also a great new feature.

Really hoping it will continue to be developed as D2 was and enough people buy/upgrade to fund it. It’s one of my favourite synths.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:16 pm Here are some reasons why Richard would not want to either sell or give away Dune 1.

1. Too costly to maintain. Code will probably stop working on new computer systems and Richard has no intention of making any updates to it.

2. Lack of sales. Customer service headaches outweigh income.

3. Giving away alienates customers who paid for software. By removing it, it gives the software a sense of exclusivity for those who did buy it. It becomes kind of a collectors item.

And that's just off the top of my head.

But whatever the reason, it's Richard's company and he can do what he wants. I certainly wouldn't want people telling me how to run my company. Most likely I'd ignore them anyway.

You wanted Dune 1? You should have bought it when it was available.
Thats why he should make it open source.
~Pyrotek45

Return to “Instruments”