DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Gothic Bitch wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:41 pm Hope to see some cool skins for DUNE 3 next time !
Yes...i wish plugmon would make some Dune 3 skins.

Gothic Bitch wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:41 pm Hope to see some cool skins for DUNE 3 next time !
I'm guessing the old skins will not work? I don't want to try it. The new skin looks nice, minus the Teak sidings.

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm
Stefken wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:49 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:35 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:32 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm So why not just buy D3 and support the developer?
How is it possibly fair for you getting it free?
How?
rsp
Because if dune 1 becomes abandoned then thats just ashame. Its a great synth that should stay alive for years to come. Open source would make sure people can update it as times change.

How is it fair for it to just disappear for no one else to ever use?
The same way that almost everything ever made since the beginning of time has eventually become non existent.
Can't argue with that. It's the lifecycle for objects, humans and software alike. :P

Edit: animals too btw.
Im sorry but I disagree. Software can be updated. Especially open source.
Sure it can. Until it dies and is replaced by its offspring. Or not...
Last edited by Stefken on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seismicfm wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:55 pm
I'm guessing the old skins will not work? I don't want to try it. The new skin looks nice, minus the Teak sidings.
no, they dont, there is new stuff on the D3 gui

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:32 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm So why not just buy D3 and support the developer?
How is it possibly fair for you getting it free?
How?
rsp
Because if dune 1 becomes abandoned then thats just ashame. Its a great synth that should stay alive for years to come. Open source would make sure people can update it as times change.

How is it fair for it to just disappear for no one else to ever use?
1. why are you concerned

2. Dune 1 has been free for years in magazines

i might write to Ford and ask them why they don't still sell the Mk1 Cortina :roll:

it was updated, its called Dune 2, which was then updated to Dune 3. Get over it.

Lol dont get me started on how software and physical products are different...
~Pyrotek45

AnX wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:05 pm
it was updated, its called Dune 2, which was then updated to Dune 3. Get over it.
Hey, if richard doesnt want the extra traffic to his site thats his choice. But whether you like it or not people are gonna get dune 1 for free. Why not get all those eyes looking at dune 3 in the process?

He could even make it where you have to sign up for his newsletter too. Seems like a win win for everyone.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm
Hey, if richard doesnt want the extra traffic to his site thats his choice. But whether you like it or not people are gonna get dune 1 for free. Why not get all those eyes looking at dune 3 in the process?

when are you going to understand that its been free for years? Can you read?

im pretty sure Richard knows whats best for HIS company..... what was the name of your company btw?

AnX wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:12 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm

when are you going to understand that its been free for years? Can you read?

im pretty sure Richard knows whats best for HIS company..... what was the name of your company btw?
The full version of dune1 is not free. The free versions lack the effects section iirc. If you know where you can find a free copy of dune1 legally, show me.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:14 pm

The full version of dune1 is not free. The free versions lack the effects section iirc. If you know where you can find a free copy of dune1 legally, show me.
both versions have some limitations, fx and mm i think, but pretty much the full versions.

again, its not really your concern. why not email Rich and ask him instead of trashing a thread for a new product, about something that hasnt been updated for 8 years

It is so funny! This thread is about Dune 3. You had a lot of chances to get Dune (CM or full version or version 2), but you DID NOT. If you want Dune now, there is latest version on Synapse Audio website called Dune3. If you don't like it, buy it from someone via KVR Audio Sell & Buy. I hope that old Dunes will be never released as free, like Synapse Orion.
yzcoruhT

Someone post some v3 audio examples to interrupt this v1 off-topic stuff, please. For instance a filter sweep of the new filters. Or the shimmer reverb.

This seems to be a good update. I’ll stick with Dune 2 for now, because of the update price of 69 euro.

So.... someone actually tested this And how is your experience?

Return to “Instruments”