Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

SteveWZ wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:02 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:41 pm Anyone own Molekular who also tried BYOME? Wondering what your thoughts are. I've been demoing both and still not sure. I like the Molekular GUI more though - or at the very least it's more exciting graphically.
I have both, very different.
Personally i prefer Byome, more intuitive.
Yes, I see it like Steve, these are very different effects. Also molekular requires Reaktor which is quite heavy. Byome really inspires me. With molekular I have to tweak longer to get what I want.

Soarer wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:08 am Here’s a BYOME demo I made.
Dry synth first, then BYOME comes in with lots of macro automation.
BYOME on the drums as well.

https://soundcloud.com/soarer-soundworks/heighten
That's beautiful :love:

Thanks, glad you like it.

Found out today that the Sidechain Setting of the Input Follower Modulator is not correctly remembered on Session Load :? :? (at least for Windows and VST3 in Cubase/Nuendo).

The GUI still shows correctly (as in that it is using the Sidechain input) but it uses the direct audio input to the VST when reloading a Project. Have to manually toggle it on/off again to work :x

Can anyone else confirm this?

Symetry wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:38 am Found out today that the Sidechain Setting of the Input Follower Modulator is not correctly remembered on Session Load :? :? (at least for Windows and VST3 in Cubase/Nuendo).

The GUI still shows correctly (as in that it is using the Sidechain input) but it uses the direct audio input to the VST when reloading a Project. Have to manually toggle it on/off again to work :x

Can anyone else confirm this?
Hm, did check just now, really can confirm, the same issue with VST2 sidechain after reopen project.
DAW Studio One 3 64bit, Win7, Byome vst2 v1.0.0

Hi all

Late to the party, just got BYOME- weird problem - everything fine in Cubase but in Bitwig and Studio One 4 I cant make connections with the virtual cables (but all patches work with cables when loaded)

Also Rolli lightpad module doesn't work in any DAW for me (tried Cubase, BWS, Studio One), no midi input showing up, just says 'none'.....but works perfectly in VCV Rack 'host' (even lights up UA!)

Very weird.
Last edited by SLiC on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Has no one else had these issues?
Last edited by SLiC on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 pm
Has no one else had these issues with the cable?

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm Hi all

Late to the party, just got BYOME- weird problem - everything fine in Cubase but in Bitwig and Studio One 4 I cant make connections with the virtual cables (but all patches work with cables when loaded)

Also Rolli lightpad module doesn't work in any DAW for me (tried Cubase, BWS, Studio One), no midi input showing up, just says 'none'.....but works perfectly in VCV Rack 'host' (even lights up UA!)

Very weird.
Win10 64bit
Working fine in Bitwig 2.3.5 and Studio One 4.1.1

Are you sure youre trying to make valid connections ?
ie outputs of mods to input of destinations
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Very weird.
Win10 64bit

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, connections are valid (it works fine and I am using it in my other hosts).

Very weird, its obviously something about my system - I am 4K with scaling and Bitwig and S1 use scaling so I will try investigating that....

That's it, cracked it.

As I am on 4K I have windows level scaling on at 125%.

With that set it as not working (finding connection points) in Bitwig and S1 4, with scaling off it works,

I will let Unfiltered Audio know.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Very weird.
Win10 64bit

Just out of interest if you have 5 minutes try then with windows scaling set to 125% (right click on desktop, display settings) to see if it reproduces, thanks.

Also BYOME seems to have no 'disable hi-dpi mode' in the individual plug in settings, all the other VST's do, but you will probably on see this if you have hi-dpi mode on.

Really hope the Update comes soon and will adress the issues mentioned in this thread.

I was looking forward to the Plugin Alliance All Update in the middle of November, but Byome seems to have been left out so far :neutral:

Return to “Effects”