What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm You sound stoned again :hihi:
:o
I don't think there is any synth in that song, not even a Minimoog 8)
there must have been! the law of averages, a band with so many members, one of them must have played a synth :hihi:

As much as I hate agreeing with FLS on anything, that EW&F song, one I know very well, was made before there ever was a Sylenth1.

Having said that, what in God's name is left to talk about as far as this synth is concerned. There haven't been any significant changes to it in who knows how many years and everybody and their grandmother has it and knows everything that needs to be known about it. There are more soundsets for it than for any other soft synth on the planet.

So really, what's left to say?

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:54 pm As much as I hate agreeing with FLS on anything, that EW&F song, one I know very well, was made before there ever was a Sylenth1.
:lol: i know, ffs how stoned do you think i am? i was joking :hihi:

Would have been a joke if there had been any synth in that song 8)
Gee, that was at least 30 years before Sylenth1 was first launched :-)

Good times, even though I like some of their other songs much more than their cheap hits...

yeah, they had some great tunes.
good live too 8) nice vibe and party atmosphere :party:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:54 pm As much as I hate agreeing with FLS on anything, that EW&F song, one I know very well, was made before there ever was a Sylenth1.

Having said that, what in God's name is left to talk about as far as this synth is concerned. There haven't been any significant changes to it in who knows how many years and everybody and their grandmother has it and knows everything that needs to be known about it. There are more soundsets for it than for any other soft synth on the planet.

https://www.lennardigital.com/home/

If Sylenth1 was dead software, I'd agree with you completely, wagtunes - but the last update (which would be significant if you'd been experiencing issues related to the release) was the end of May of this year. So it's still being at least actively maintained; and who knows? Maybe Lennar will be motivated to create a Sylenth2 at some point (Dune 2 just went to 3 - I'd argue that Dune 2 was great; but Dune 3 really goes after wavetable support - well beyond what was happening in Dune 2)

I used to wear an ankh back then after I had tossed the Catholic nonsense in the trashcan, loved the ancient Egyptian vibe :hihi:

goldenanalog wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm

https://www.lennardigital.com/home/

If Sylenth1 was dead software, I'd agree with you completely, wagtunes - but the last update (which would be significant if you'd been experiencing issues related to the release) was the end of May of this year. So it's still being at least actively maintained; and who knows? Maybe Lennar will be motivated to create a Sylenth2 at some point (Dune 2 just went to 3 - I'd argue that Dune 2 was great; but Dune 3 really goes after wavetable support - well beyond what was happening in Dune 2)
There was another update just recently. It is now something like 3.041 but I'm not sure what was fixed or changed/added, etc.

Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm
There was another update just recently. It is now something like 3.041 but I'm not sure what was fixed or changed/added, etc.
Likely it was a maintenance update, Examigan - 3.040 is the last one listed on their website -

I guess that you could also say that Sylenth1 found some new life with the release of Reason 9.5, since S1 is reported to be very 'Reason friendly' versus a number of other vsti's that have issues running in Prop's ecosystem (I haven't run it in Reason 9.5/10.x myself; so can't attest to truth of that).

goldenanalog wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:25 pm
Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm
Likely it was a maintenance update, Examigan - 3.040 is the last one listed on their website -

I guess that you could also say that Sylenth1 found some new life with the release of Reason 9.5, since S1 is reported to be very 'Reason friendly' versus a number of other vsti's that have issues running in Prop's ecosystem (I haven't run it in Reason 9.5/10.x myself; so can't attest to truth of that).
oops...that 3.041 was actually from May 25, 2018. He just updated that changelog:
https://www.lennardigital.com/sylenth1/whatsnew.php

Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 pm .....He just updated that changelog:
https://www.lennardigital.com/sylenth1/whatsnew.php
Your link is a better source then mine, Examigan - I just used LD's home page -

Yeah actually I asked Lennard about that update and then he just sent me that link.
The home page should be updated though.

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 pmYou were called out because you think your opinion of a synth sound is unassailable.
My opinions are objective and based in the real world, formed by experience. They don't exist simply as a means of justifying an obvious bias. Is it really too much to expect the same from others?
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:44 pmExactly my view. I always have to laugh about people making angry music, including gangsta rappers etc. That whole darkness shit is just absurd. Get a life and try to be happy, pleasant, and colorful :)
Yes, let's all join hands and sing Kumbaya while the planet goes to hell in a hand-basket. If you can see all the misery in the world and not be angry, you have to be some kind of sociopathic monster. If you just want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist, that's even worse.
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 pm I know what the world looks like, believe me. But, there is no point in that anger and rage attitude because it is counterproductive as the people that matter and run the world turn away and any legitimate message you might have gets lost. Serious people in charge don't want to have to do with radical fringe people.
Also, I can try to make the world a better place while remaining happy and pleasant. I feel obliged to do both as I only have this one life and I won't waste it on negativity.
Honestly, you're a complete moron! Serious question, how old are you? You seem to have the emotional maturity of someone in their mid-teens and the life experience of someone definitely under 20.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Oh, I am well aware of all the problems the world is facing. My point is that there is no point in making angry music as it only makes most people turn away, especially those in charge, but also the masses. They don't take angry musicians seriously. So you are angry in vain. You want to change things, right?

How old am I? Since you said you are 60 (right?), I am almost as old as you. I used to be a Buddhist, that might explain my very different state of mind, compared with so many people today.

The Fluffmeister is gettin' under your skin BONES! :hihi: :hihi:

But it is a good thing, well super cool actually, that you are such a laid back dude! 8) 8)

Sure, it is not like you are angry at all...

Hey, wait!!! You mean to say the world sux? :wink:

Thanx BONES! now it is official! The world sux, guys! :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”