DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

recursive one wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 am - AM filters sound really very good, all of them. They are notably different to other Dune's filters. I'm somehow dissapointed that they are only LP though, I hoped for some new BP filters. Dune has now massive selection of LPs but only two BPs which both sound a bit weak IMO.
The new filters do sound really good indeed where my favorites are the Polaris and Saturn lowpass filters that i used for most of my own patches.

During the end of the beta i made a feature request for a BP version of at least one of the analog models. Seems to be on the to do list and will maybe be included in a future update.

FWIW multiple features in the wavetable editor were added due to my requests, also based on my experiences with Icarus and Serum.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:26 am
tony10000 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:59 am
v1o wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 am Dune 3 has been in development for a very long time I'm sure. Possibly more than a year? If I remember correctly they started after they finished The Legend. A huge amount of effort has gone into this and it is definitely worth every penny.

To be honest if you didn't like the workflow in D2 there is little point in expecting major changes. There are many paying customers who are fans of this workflow and would get riled up if things drastically changed too far. There's a reason why Dune 2 became a hit synth - people like the workflow.
Yep, why mess with success?
Yeah, it's tricky. If you mess too much with the workflow, some of the old fans get upset and refuse to upgrade. If you don't change it, people will complain that there aren't enough changes to justify the upgrade. You could try to keep the old workflow while implementing something new on top, but this might make the plugin a cluttered mess...

Updates will always be incremental by their nature. If you want something completely different, buy a completely different plug-in...
Yes and no. A modern preset browser with tagging and favorites will never upset old fans.

Ingonator wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 pm
recursive one wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 am - AM filters sound really very good, all of them. They are notably different to other Dune's filters. I'm somehow dissapointed that they are only LP though, I hoped for some new BP filters. Dune has now massive selection of LPs but only two BPs which both sound a bit weak IMO.

The new filters do sound really good indeed where my favorites are the Polaris and Saturn lowpass filters that i used for most of my own patches.

During the end of the beta i made a feature request for a BP version of at least one of the analog models. Seems to be on the to do list and will maybe be included in a future update.

FWIW multiple features in the wavetable editor were added due to my requests, also based on my experiences with Icarus and Serum.
Hi Ingo,

During the beta , nobody requests Mpe ?
Best
YY

i hate modern browsers, they are cumbersome bloat imo, which counts for nothing, but i still have that opinion.

every man and his dog seems happy to spout their crappy opinions, so i thought I'd chime in.

i also couldnt give feck about the WT editor, but it was by far the biggest requested by users.

for me, the filters alone are worth the price

Ingonator wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks, that's good to know.
+1 on analog modelled BP filter! This could definitely make me more motivated to upgrade.
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 pm every man and his dog seems happy to spout their crappy opinions
These miserable assholes may happen to be Synapse customers or potential customers :shrug:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Whywhy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 pm Hi Ingo,

To be honest i did not care much about it as i never had a MPE controller so far.

Anyway since more than 2 years i got a NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 controller and DUNE 3 includes a NKS implementation. All factory presets including my own should be available as NKS presets. I had tseted most of them using my controller and both Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 software.
Partly i also used the controller mapping for doing sound design.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

recursive one wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:17 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 pm every man and his dog seems happy to spout their crappy opinions
These miserable assholes may happen to be Synapse customers or potential customers :shrug:
maybe, does that mean they should act like whining bitches cos they didnt get what they hoped for, or that their opinion is more valid than anyone else's?

no.

Whywhy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Ingo,

dont recall seeing anyone request it

what was request was the option to only install what you need, not everything (ie not vst3/aax/nks etc)

dunno if that happened, havent installed release version yet

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm
maybe, does that mean they should act like whining bitches cos they didnt get what they hoped for, or that their opinion is more valid than anyone else's?

no.
I don't think expressing some disappointment can make anyone a whinning bitch, nor do feature requests. It's a paid upgrade (and quite pricey) after all and the competition is tough, so listening to what potential customers are saying may be a good idea.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

How dare they? :o

Patch "AR I miss you KS": So I can sell my DAW now. :D

recursive one wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:31 pm I don't think expressing some dissapointment can make anyone a whinning bitch, nor do feature requests. It's a paid upgrade (and quite pricey) after all and the competition is tough, so listening to what potenital customers are saying may be a good idea.
Nah, Richard is a nice guy; Anx is very smart (and he'll set everyone straight) and receiving, and responding to, reasonable, well argumented suggestions from people who've spent money on something you're selling is a waste of time. ;)

A bit disappointed here, feels more like an extended update than a new version. Will stick to v2 I guess.

recursive one wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:31 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm

no.
I don't think expressing some disappointment can make anyone a whinning bitch, nor do feature requests. It's a paid upgrade (and quite pricey) after all and the competition is tough, so listening to what potential customers are saying may be a good idea.
all 3 of them?

listen, Rich does listen, but if the requests dont fit in with the direction he is taking a product, he wont implement it. Thats his right.

ive got a massive list of stuff for several of his products that got no love, and i moaned like a bitch, got me nowhere.

in the end, Dune 3 is either something you want, or not.

Good morning ladies are we still at it ? :lol:

Hey you guys get in the back of the line. I've made feature requests that weren't added to Dune 3 so you'll have to wait to get yours implemented in Dune 4. :P

I'm sure the feature request list is a mile long so all you can do is make your request and hope for the best. That goes for any software not just Dune 3.

But getting all butt hurt because your feature request wasn't implemented is pointless. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”