Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

lalo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:26 am A modular with all the emulations "Diva" style?
That would be a monstrous synth (I don't thing it would even be feasible, let alone manageable).

Imagine something that has ALL the modules from the Modular V, the digital part of Prophet VS, the sampling + resynthesis + additive from the Fairlight, the filters from all of them, the sampling + resynthesis + FM from the Synclavier, the FM engine of the DX7 V... well, you got the picture :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am
SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 am
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 am While you're waiting, here is a little teaser:
Did you beta test?
Yes.
OK, I will be honest, I was hoping for a little bit more information :wink:

If they have use all their existing tech, filters, emulations etc to make one ubber synth where everything interacts I will be very interested :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 am While you're waiting, here is a little teaser:
Did you beta test?
Yes.

If they have use all their existing tech, filters, emulations etc to make one ubber synth where everything interacts I will be very interested :D
Sorry, I can't go further. But, as I said, using "everything" from "everything" would not be manageable, IMO. Nevertheless, what is included (this is a NEW synth, not a "Frankenstein", and wavetable is a first for Arturia) makes it a very versatile synth.

AND... it isn't "just" wavetable :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

well, it’s almost 10pm in australia. looks like I’ll find out what it is tomorrow.

Enjoy!
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am
SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am
Did you beta test?
Yes.

Sorry, I can't go further. But, as I said, using "everything" from "everything" would not be manageable, IMO. Nevertheless, what is included (this is a NEW synth, not a "Frankenstein", and wavetable is a first for Arturia) makes it a very versatile synth.

AND... it isn't "just" wavetable :wink:
Thank you, sounds great, I highly rate Arturia's synths so this sounds like it will be special….(is it? ;-))
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

What copy protection do Arturia synths use?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:57 am What copy protection do Arturia synths use?
A kind of challenge-response, but completely transparent. Everything is done and managed by the "Arturia Software Center" application, which works very much like the "Native Access", from NI.

And you have FIVE authorizations from start. If everything goes wrong with one of your machines (hard-drive broken, for example), you can e-mail Arturia Support, and get the lost authorization back.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

recursive one wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:57 am What copy protection do Arturia synths use?
https://www.arturia.com/faq/arturiasoft ... are-center

Thanks, fmr and SLiC!

Not that I'd actually want anyones "software center" app on my PC but if the synth is good I can tolerate that :)

recursive one wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:03 pm Thanks, fmr and SLiC!

Not that I'd actually want anyones "software center" app on my PC but if the synth is good I can tolerate that :)
The application is not memory resident. It only works when you open it. Once the software authorized, it just remains in your hard-drive, like any other application, waiting for you to call it.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 pm The application is not memory resident. It only works when you open it. Once the software authorized, it just remains in your hard-drive, like any other application, waiting for you to call it.
Thanks, that's good to know :tu:

It would be very good business for Arturia if they can both announce it and have it available to download before NI get Massive X out (which was announced about 3 months ago!) as it sounds like there may be some cross-over.

is it being announced or released today?

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 pm
recursive one wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:03 pm Thanks, fmr and SLiC!

The application is not memory resident. It only works when you open it. Once the software authorized, it just remains in your hard-drive, like any other application, waiting for you to call it.
You can also run it at any time to auto check for updates and download and install them. Unlike some "software center" applications, this one adds more value than it subtracts, IMO.

Return to “Instruments”