DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

hivkorn wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:14 pm yesterday there was an upgrade from Dune 1 to Dune 3 for 79$ but it appears it was a mistake because it don't appears anymore
Have you logged in to your account? You need to be logged in to your account in the support section to see the upgrade.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

It baffles me that some people need a youtube showcase video about dune 3 to actually convince them it sounds good ..f**king spoonfed generation
Sad sad sad

ABout the the dune 2 versus 3 , stop bickering and do the test yourself ...record both vst's panned left/hard for dune 2/3 , no modulation effects , same settings for both synths
Invert one channel , if they sound the same it would be nulled =the result would be silence
Spoiler : the result is not silence thus they don't cancel each other out , dune 2 has a delay of 2 samples .
Other then that they sound pretty much the same , only richard can explain why dune 2 has 2 samples delay

This place has become so sad really , pretty understandable why some developers don't want to waste time on here
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

cytospur wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm
hivkorn wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:14 pm yesterday there was an upgrade from Dune 1 to Dune 3 for 79$ but it appears it was a mistake because it don't appears anymore
Have you logged in to your account? You need to be logged in to your account in the support section to see the upgrade.
That price is the same as my upgrade price and I bought Dune 2.6 this year.... :?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

4damind wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am "Spire"... hmm. You need only to listen to some of the demo presets in Dune 3 which are using the features of the Unison engine... such layered and evolving sounds cannot be created with Spire. Not to mention that the sound of Dune goes a bit more into the direction of Roland synth (IMO) while Spire remembers me often, with this clean and very digital sound, to the Virus (or Sylenth).
Well Sylenth1, Spire, and of course Virus TI are the most popular synths among EDM producers, which says a lot. Then, if you're not into EDM you'd instinctively dislike this modern type of sound.

the update from D2 to D3 is there at that price

i would assume its more for D1 to D3

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm It baffles me that some people need a youtube showcase video about dune 3 to actually convince them it sounds good ..f**king spoonfed generation
Sad sad sad

ABout the the dune 2 versus 3 , stop bickering and do the test yourself ...record both vst's panned left/hard for dune 2/3 , no modulation effects , same settings for both synths
Invert one channel , if they sound the same it would be nulled =the result would be silence
Spoiler : the result is not silence thus they don't cancel each other out , dune 2 has a delay of 2 samples .
Other then that they sound pretty much the same , only richard can explain why dune 2 has 2 samples delay

This place has become so sad really , pretty understandable why some developers don't want to waste time on here
that wont work unless all osc are at same phase will it?

ie set const > 0 > osc init phase

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:32 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm It baffles me that some people need a youtube showcase video about dune 3 to actually convince them it sounds good ..f**king spoonfed generation
Sad sad sad

I have already explained that a few pages ago
You need to set a constant to the osc phase in the mod.matrix , the value of modulation is of no importance
constant--->0--->osc phase
It's what you would do when you need to trigger the transient wavetable in ONE shot mode , so they always start from the beginning
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 am
I think Kevin patches are fantastic to show off a synth and for a sound designer to dissect and study, but personally I don't find many of his patches suit me for actual productions... ( just too much stuff happening with one key press in many of them)..ymmv.
rsp
If it's too much...just turn off or solo individual layers in Dune 3, in the top right part of the interface.

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:55 am .. I'd say that, ten years after (maybe less, depending on the circumstances), you'll eventually not be able to use that software anymore.

Only solution would be freezing your computer in the status it is when the company goes out. But then, it would work for ANY software, including the copy protected.
Exactly. No problem setting up a virtual system with today's powerful CPUs.

I have no problem cloning my Win7 with, say all the U-he stuff, and use it like forever (as long there is power and electricity...)

Not so sure about C/R soft, but I guess once it's activated it stays that way...

Anyway, there's a chance that in ten years from now I already have given up all that music fiddling... :hihi:

Sad sad sad
And there are people who just don't want to waste their precious time installing demos...right?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:32 pm
Sad sad sad

I have already explained that a few pages ago
You need to set a constant to the osc phase in the mod.matrix , the value of modulation is of no importance
constant--->0--->osc phase
It's what you would do when you need to trigger the transient wavetable in ONE shot mode , so they always start from the beginning
i missed that post (hard to keep up) but yes, thats exactly what i meant

i assume that's what you did? (polite question)

Great update! Congratulations and thank you to Richard and his team! :clap:
But I have always loved DUNE, so maybe I am a little biassed.
The new GUI looks beautiful. Well done!
The new presets are fantastic, too.

I only wish for more skins/colour variations to come.
I especially hope that the D2 skins by satyatunes (Glacier White, Gothic Gold, Harbour) and Hoverland (Haze, Plate) will be updated.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:03 am I'm working on a couple of color edits for Dune 3. If anybody is interested and Synapse doesn't mind me sharing I'd be happy to post them when finished.
That would be awesome, Teksonik. I already thought that you were going to turn the red into blue. The screenshot looks very promising.

2ZrgE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm
Sad sad sad
And there are people who just don't want to waste their precious time installing demos...right?

a demo is really the only way you are going to find out if it works on on your system, and how it sounds vs crapy YT sound

recursive one wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 am
4damind wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am "Spire"... hmm. You need only to listen to some of the demo presets in Dune 3 which are using the features of the Unison engine... such layered and evolving sounds cannot be created with Spire.
Yes, they can. Spire's osicllators can be intependently targeted by steppers and/or LFOs. Check out some factory patches where some of the oscillators play a sequence and other play a supproting pad sound as you hold a note.
8 stacked synth and each with their own filter and max 32x unison + global 8x unison with own detune/spread etc. vs 4 oscillators with max 9x Unison? This makes a big difference.
For this layering and stacking of sounds Dune has not so many competitors (also not Spire).

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:55 pm
2ZrgE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm
Sad sad sad

a demo is really the only way you are going to find out if it works on on your system, and how it sounds vs crapy YT sound
Yes, but in general I prefer watching YT first and then deciding to demo (based on workflow, GUI, and sound as well) If it clicks an YT, good enough for me... :tu:

Return to “Instruments”