Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

I would love to see them update their (very underrated) drum machine 'spark' with a GUI like this!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

onerob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 pm
onerob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:49 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 pm Is there a demo yet? Don't find a link on the product page...
Demo download here: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources
If you want to demo Arturia Software Centre that is :hihi:
Oops!
No no. You were absolutely right. You can download all the product demos from there.

Other than Pigment isn't one of them yet.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yes. ;)

I cannot deny, i am not impressed with such overwhelming choice of synths these days :)

egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 am
sureno wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:30 am Lol i can’t wait till this is released Iv been so eager since hearing it’s announcement, iv been impatiently clock watching And just getting the popcorn ready to see what members complain about once announced :hyper: :party: :hyper: DUNE 3 complaints have been pretty epic but I’m hoping these are even more entitled and obsurd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEwzDydciWc
Now is the ripe time for me to billionate

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm Anyway, there are sufficient "new" things here to justify at least to give a go on the demo.
The modulation stuff looks really cool :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Interesting choice of names.

Since people love pet names im sure this synth will pretty soon be known as 'Piggy'. :hihi:

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm Wait....just 3 LFOs and Envelopes?
3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, and '3 function generators'

Should be plenty!

kv331 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:16 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm Anyway, there are sufficient "new" things here to justify at least to give a go on the demo.
The modulation stuff looks really cool :tu:
And that is where this synth shines: the UI, workflow and possibilities. End of frustration for many of us who struggle to work with powerful synths that have terrible workflow or UI problems. Of course, it probably still lacks a wavetable editor, and various other stuff, but that's for the future.
<List your stupid gear here>

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Should be plenty!
AND three random sources (Turing, Sample & Hold and Binary) :wink:

AND two Combinators... AND four Macros.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm
kv331 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:55 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 pm Oh well, sounds good enough but nothing new here.
+1

So is this what a company as big as Arturia came up with (of their own design) after so many years?
It is supposed to be a music synthesizer, not the next space rocket technology :shrug:

Anyway, there are sufficient "new" things here to justify at least to give a go on the demo. Remember that you can work with it without limitations for 30 days. And you will be surprised with how light on the CPU all this power is.

And what is "new" nowadays, anyway? The newest synthesis techniques were already invented more than 40 years ago (FM, FOF, granular). Even when Bob Moog and Don Buchla created their modulars, the synthesis techniques were NOT new. What was new was building hardware to perform those. And it's funny that people say there's nothing new in here, and start salivating when some company says they will start working in "another" emulation of some old and primitive subtractive synth :nutter:
The thing is, when you have a hundred synths, no, there is nothing new here.

My problem is I have a hundred synths and it takes a lot to impress me these days. I have the traditional sounds covered. I'm looking for synths that can give me the unusual, like Bazille, Softube Modular and similar architectures.

Please don't get me wrong. The synth sounds great and I love Arturia stuff (I own all their software) but this doesn't give me the uniqueness that something like the Synclavier or even the CMI gives me. I have synths that can do what this can do, more or less. To justify an additional expenditure, this would have to offer me something, anything, that I can honestly say "Okay, that is really cool and can't do that with anything else I own." If I can't do that, money being tight these days, I can't justify buying it just to "add" another synth to my collection.

Those days are over. Had this come out in 2017, a no brainer. In fact, had it come out with V6 instead of something else, absolutely.

I just don't impress as easily as I used to and that is no reflection at all on the quality of the synth, as it is obvious this one is of excellent quality.

I'm just that bored with all the "technical" end of synths and prefer to spend my time making music.

And for that, I have more than what I need.

egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm End of frustration for many of us who struggle to work with powerful synths that have terrible workflow or UI problems.
Got it :hihi:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Should be plenty!
AND three random sources (Turing, Sample & Hold and Binary) :wink:

AND two Combinators... AND four Macros.
Turing? That's pretty cool! :phones:

The patches shown in these demos are absolutely boring, but the base sound seems quite nice. In terms of the features it seems to hit the right spot, not overcomplicated like falkon or avenger but flexible enough. Basically it seems to have most, if not all, of the features i may need from a synth. The gui is nice, though not as utterly sexy as dune3.

The modulation system is rad.

Well, might be my first arturia synth.

Is the unison only available for wavetable oscillarors?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”