DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 pm Would be like cheating if you could sell your upgraded license. :P I don't know any company which allows this.
I think it's common sense. If people could resell an upgraded license, a single license could serve the entire world to get the latest version at upgrade price (theoretically).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 pm Would be like cheating if you could sell your upgraded license. :P I don't know any company which allows this.
I think it's common sense. If people could resell an upgraded license, a single license could serve the entire world to get the latest version at upgrade price (theoretically).
I'm sure Richard would be extremely happy selling over 6 million upgrade only licenses.

But yes, I understand your point.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

it's my understanding that dune is a one and done transfer policy. nfr after initial resell without a valid reason for this very scenario.

I just upgraded to Dune 3. Sadly Bitwig doesn't recognize it and doesn't make it available in the instrument list. It works in Cubase instead.
Anyone else with the same issue?

@ shandar - bitwig and ableton both have this problem regularly for various vst's for what ever reason, i don't know why, but it's not uncommon.

When I installed it, I got a warning from MS Defender saying the file was not signed. Maybe such unsigned plugins are blocked in certain DAW's.

that could be it fluffy, i had to ok the installer on my pc as well.

Dune 2 is working perfectly in Bitwig, so I didn't even try the demo before buying Dune 3. I have several vsts and this one is the only one ignored. Even Halion 6 or Padshop are working inside Bitwig.

A quick demo of Synapse Audio's new Dune 3 synth on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F18d9sUAihY

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:30 pm When I installed it, I got a warning from MS Defender saying the file was not signed. Maybe such unsigned plugins are blocked in certain DAW's.
Other vsts I have installed didn't have a certified installer, but that didn't cause any issue.

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm
Yeah, shame though but makes sense.

WT editor, at least in Cubase 7, is very sensitive. I've discovered a number of things I can't do unless I want to crash the software. Oddly, Dune crashes but not Cubase. Usually the one will crash the other. But I do get all these error messages.

I'm going to start making a list of all the steps required to crash this thing and ship it off to Synapse. They're definitely repeatable here, the most common being deleting WT slots and then adding back new ones. I have to decide how many I want before I start, then add them. After that, once I start editing, adding new slots is like playing Russian Roulette.

Kind of a shame. This is the only major synth that I've purchased in the last 2 years that has had problems like this. Most stuff is just very minor things but I haven't had a session yet without at least one crash. But if I stay out of the WT editor and don't fiddle with the options screen, this thing is rock solid otherwise.

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 pm
sfd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm This thread is very much like Lynch's original movie :)
Naked Lunch?
Oh no...that was Cronenberg.
lol..no - Dune. If you remember what everybody said about that movie :)

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 pm @ shandar - bitwig and ableton both have this problem regularly for various vst's for what ever reason, i don't know why, but it's not uncommon.
Noticed something else in my VST folder: almost all other plugins use underscores, but Dune 3 has a space in its dll name. Maybe that's the problem. Can you rename the dll by replacing the space with an underscore?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm
Vertion wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 am Richard,

My apologies. Synapse Audio is one of the best companies in the entire market. Frankly, Dune 3 is the only release lately that has created market excitement for the softsynth scene.

You are an expert DSP dev right up there along with Urs, Andy, Steve, Angus, Markus, Jakob, Arguru, etc.

The fact is that Dune 3 is a really great product and synth and a lot of hard work went into this update. Most people are just looking at what is same. I saw Tone2 also go through this in various ways. I think you just need some fresh demo songs to plaster and inspire.
Yep agreed, Kevin is working on it :)

A few SC demos are here. The first demo shows a couple of factory patches (mostly EDM), the other two are older tracks made with earlier versions of Dune 3.

https://soundcloud.com/synapseaudio/set ... emo-sounds

Richard
Hi Richard,
Great job with Dune 3! Thank you.

I can't see me using Dune 2 in the future now i've upgraded to version 3, Can I sell my Dune 2 license?
Honestly does that sound right to you?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”