Seperate Singles or E.P/album?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have been back into music for the last year, upon leaving it last time I had just set up a tiny digital label and released a few singles. Since being back I have 5 tracks to the point of being release ready, all of similar genre. Question is, how should I release them, singles as seperate tracks or as a collective ep/small album? What would you say pros and cons of each would be? I think my main desire would be more exposure if that helps?

Why one or the other if you can offer both!
EP for the price of 2 singles, something like that...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Getting separate remixer(s) for each will give you more recognition, and promotion for each of them. Plus, you can sustain interest with fresh content for longer.

Release multiple singles as EP only if you lack time or resources.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Personally, I dislike the whole idea of singles and only listen to albums.

I've been told this is weird. Whatever.

foosnark wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:33 am Personally, I dislike the whole idea of singles and only listen to albums.

I've been told this is weird. Whatever.

thanks guys, upon reflection and what foosnark wrote, I feel I should state that I produce elm/techno type stuff. The point raised made me think about how I prefer listening to music and it became apparant that I listen in two very different ways, as a DJ and mainly recreationally, when listening as a DJ, I listen via singles and seldom seek out other works by an artist unless it really grabs me where as listening to other genres etc recreationally I very much tend to play entire albums from selected artists. that said it helped me decide to release as singles as it will all be aimed to the DJ :phones:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”