Pigments 5

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:50 pm
8)
any muppet reference gets a "like" here :tu:
Fishing for a like:
https://youtu.be/2YNg4Myw-io
:tu:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:03 pm Question: How many Pigment threads are we going to end up with on the main page at one time? I'm putting my money on at least 4.
yes, I can see more than 3 threads within one single page. Does it mean talk of the town synth in 2018? :hihi:

Anyway, just d/loading and mess around this bad guy.

Pig 1.0, Hive 1.2 & Dune 3 all related to WT. Do I have to have a P.H.D degree to mess with you guys ?

PIG 1.0 ? :scared:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

whats special about this?
it looks like every other wavetable subtractive synth out there.
any special features im missing?

Yes. It was tested on pigs. No animals were harmed during the test period.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

parricide wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm whats special about this?
it looks like every other wavetable subtractive synth out there.
any special features im missing?
Well for a start it isnt just wavetable, it has Arturias 'VA' engine as well (so you could just use it as a 6 osc VA synth or a 3 OSC VA + Wavetable, or a 2 x Wavetable) - the way its constructed it looks like it is designed to be expanded with other osc engines in the future (so maybe more like Falcon)

It already has 8 of the realy top filters from their other products like the SEM and Mini etc.

It has one of the very best resizable GUI's I have used so far on any VST. Its fast and realy easy to program and you can see everything that is going on visually with colour and movement all on one page.

Supurb sound browser/tagging options that even show you what filter and oscillator engine are used in the patch (unique?) - it doesn't matter how many great sounds a synth has if you cant find them!

It has a very advanced sequecer with probability gate and trigger etc, it also has some advanced modulators (like Turin) and combiners (so yoiu can combine for exanmpek, a turin oputput with an LFO)

It can certainly do what every other wavetable synth can do, but it can also do more with the VA and sequencing side than any standard wavetable system I am aware of (I am not incluing Avenger, Falcon etc on this list!) and definitely looks and better and has better workflow for me. I like the modern GUIs that dont ape hardware.

I have been a Serum user since it came out, I now prefer Pigments..its not a revolution, its just evolution.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I wanted to edit this post, because I really spent time with Pigments, and I do think its great. However, I keep getting crashes with my own wavetables when you "X" out of the wavetable screen in Live 10
Last edited by vertibration on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can it microtune like Serum? Arturia are one of the worst companies for tuning options, makes most of what they make unusable for me.

No MPE? Cm‘on its almost 2019...

The 'chord' function on Unison is pretty cool, the continuously variable selection between parallel and series for the 2 filters is also great. Over a dozen reset sources for the LFOs etc, user pre-sets on the function generator, controllable 'random' with probability, same with S+H and Turin generators, 2 powerful modulation combiners (gets a bit modular like), visual feedback on all modulators, real insert and send busses, advanced 'polyrythmic' sequencer/arp with generator, sequencer scales, trigger and gate probability...built in 'sound design tips' explaining how each preset works and suggesting changes (very cool :tu: )

...and probably 100 more, but I guess people will always find something it 'doesn't do' and focus on that :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm No MPE? Cm‘on its almost 2019...
Nore does just about any other synth recently released (Hive 1.2, Dune 3 etc) it is still proobably less than 1% of peope using MPE (I am one of them!) but I can make any VST be at least partially MPE in Bitwig with force MPE mode, but very few VSTs (maybe 6!? support all my Rolli features)

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm No MPE? Cm‘on its almost 2019...
Nore does just about any other synth recently released (Hive 1.2, Dune 3 etc) it is still proobably less than 1% of peope using MPE (I am one of them!) but I can make any VST be at least partially MPE in Bitwig with force MPE mode, but very few VSTs (maybe 6!? support all my Rolli features)
Hive is MPE capable.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've tested it and to me it greatly stands out in one aspect - workflow/intuitivity. Sound design is not really my focus and to me, most synths are complicated to use and too time consuming. Pigment was totally self-explaining to me. I've hardly seen any synth where I understood everything right away.
I'll most probably get it.

Not only self explanatory but it has an interactive tutorial built and a great 'help me design sounds' feature (the little light bulb) - great idea for people, getting in to sound design,

Return to “Instruments”