DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:03 pm U-he released hive 1.2 with wavetable scanning, 500 new presets etc. Free for existing users. Oh wrong topic.
Guess they should have released it as v2 ;)
Dune 2.5 - free for existing customers
- 500 new patches
- New Filters
- New ADSR envelopes
- AAX support
https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... =7&t=11682

The problems with posts like yours is that they spread negative misinformation and quite often this misinformation sticks online. Someone might just do a Google search, read your post first and end up misinformed. Dune 2 was on the market for some years (4 years I think) and had free updates adding meaningful new features. Even their other synth Antidote has had numerous free updates over the years.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

rezoneight wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm Have to say I really don't understand all the wanking over this stuff. What Hive or any or synth/manufacturer has done is irrelevant. Synapse can call it what they want and charge what they want for any upgrade. The fact is for Dune 2 we all got some nice updates for free. They have now decided that the version number is being bumped and if you're a previous owner the upgrade cost is $79. If you don't think the new features plus the new sounds is worth $79 then simply don't buy it and continue to use Dune 2.

:clap:
:tu:

rezoneight wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm Have to say I really don't understand all the wanking over this stuff. What Hive or any or synth/manufacturer has done is irrelevant. Synapse can call it what they want and charge what they want for any upgrade. The fact is for Dune 2 we all got some nice updates for free. They have now decided that the version number is being bumped and if you're a previous owner the upgrade cost is $79. If you don't think the new features plus the new sounds is worth $79 then simply don't buy it and continue to use Dune 2.
are you new here? :hihi:

I think people expectations was based on the previous jump from Dune 1 to Dune 2 which was quite substantial.
So according to that "jump" the majority (?) was expecting a similar experience.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I am not sure, but wasn't Dune 2 only 150 bucks? Dune 3 is 180, so one would have to subtract those 30 bucks from the upgrade price, which makes the upgrade price much more affordable.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:03 pm U-he released hive 1.2 with wavetable scanning, 500 new presets etc. Free for existing users. Oh wrong topic.
how many years to get to 1.2 ? :lol: and feature wise hive has been a joke , glad i resold it ,felt like half baked va .

but you re probably trolling

kobal wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:15 pm
how many years to get to 1.2 ? :lol: and feature wise hive has been a joke , glad i resold it ,felt like half baked va .

but you re probably trolling
Feature wise Hive can do no less than Dune. It also has more agressive, bity sound. It is more quick to get results you want. If you couldn't go deep with the synth it is your problem, not synth. I like both and both can complement each other. But in terms of development i trust Urs and u-he team more. Between Hive v1 and v1.2 there was Repro1/5, new wonderful preset browser, new Zebra 2.8 update.
Last edited by Stan Navi on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:13 pm
Dune 2.5 - free for existing customers
- 500 new patches
- New Filters
- New ADSR envelopes
- AAX support
https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... =7&t=11682

The problems with posts like yours is that they spread negative misinformation and quite often this misinformation sticks online. Someone might just do a Google search, read your post first and end up misinformed. Dune 2 was on the market for some years (4 years I think) and had free updates adding meaningful new features. Even their other synth Antidote has had numerous free updates over the years.
I think Caine123 could have provided more accurate info, but the larger point he is making is valid... Hive 1.2 is indeed a really huge update for free. What people are getting for free with Hive 1.2 is far greater than what people got with Dune 2.5. People are smart enough to go look it up. I'm not criticizing Dune 2.5 -- which was great. But let's be honest here, if we look at U-he's track record, they consistently give long-term big updates (for heaven's sake, just look at the Zebra lifespan, very few plugins match the generosity of free updates for Zebra over the last several years).

But back to the main point of this thread... this is not U-he vs. Synapse. Synapse is also a really great company. They compliment each other. I love both of them. I hope this thread doesn't go down the trolling path of one plugin vs another.

Having said that, Dune 3 looks really fantastic. I want to upgrade at some point, and perhaps I will, but right now I am not personally willing to pay $79 for it. I just spent tons of money on other plugins and upgrades during Black Friday, so I think Synapse's timing is off and the price is a bit high. Obviously, Synapse can and will charge what they want to charge, and users can of course decide if/when to upgrade. So I'm not criticizing anyone about this. I can only speak for myself, and if the upgrade price were about $50 instead of $79, it would be an instant buy for me. For now, I will pass. Too many other plugins I just bought to explore right now, but I congratulate Synapse on a great plugin! Hopefully it will find its way into my productions sooner rather than later.

DUNE 2 doesn't have a KVR page any more?!

What gives? :-?

Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:35 pm DUNE 2 doesn't have a KVR page any more?!

its the illuminati rewriting history.
dune 2 never existed.
or at least that's what "they" want you to think.
its all part of their nefarious plan.

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 pm
Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:35 pm DUNE 2 doesn't have a KVR page any more?!

dune 2 never existed.
Just like they want you to think DUNE 3 does exist. :wink:

Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 pm

dune 2 never existed.
Just like they want you to think DUNE 3 does exist. :wink:
i live outside of time, so all things both exist and don't exist. eternally.

That coke I sent you is dope ;)

For me, I think I'll wait a little, "maybe next year, maybe no go" :band:
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:10 pm That coke I sent you is dope ;) ....
That double reference alone is probably enough to fry his mind.

Errrm .... his.... karmic illusion of mind. :roll: :D

Return to “Instruments”