Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just updated WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data_NoSounds.exe - actually, I did fix it before, but maybe I didn't compile the file. :dog:

Just installed the new "Wusik Engine Data Installer.exe" (the BIG installer). This time things were correct.

Wusik EVE V5 was the folder used (so, in this one the installed folder is the correct one). Also, the SoundSets were all checked and skipped (which was the expected behavior). No more error messages like I got yesterday.

I give this a go. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

:party: :hug: Thanks!!! Need to finish Wusik One installer too and them move to the OSX installers. I will organize things better so I don't make a mess of things... :oops:

BTW. I already tried the Wusik 8008. I am glad to have the old skins back, although only two or three were usable to me (but I guess there will be people which will like others more).

Just a remark. Don't know if it's too much trouble, but the cable colors have to change. Cables show a rather poor contrast and are too thin, which makes them hard to see to me (I have a color problem, so, I admit that this isn't an issue to other, but the chosen color isn't goo). I would prefer thicker cables too, but if it isn't possible, at least make the colors user definable. By default, some kind of light grey or light blue are better. But since this has to adapt to the skin in use, I guess making the colors user definable is preferrable. Also, the connectors holes should be more defined, to make things easier. They are well explained when we place the mouse over them (tips), but they are too small.

Presets - I don't get what's happening. Some presets are not playing as they should. I correct the present, and it apparently saves in a new format (doesn't overwrite the previous one, despite I select the same folder, and it also doesn't appear in the preset browser). I checked, and the presets are in the w4preset format, while the newly saved ones are in w8preset format.

However, if we load the supposedly corrected preset, what loads is the old (malfunctioning one). The newly saved preset doesn't show in the preset list. We have to unload and reload Wusik 8008 for the newly saved preset be seen.
Fernando (FMR)

Ok, you can change in the skin files yourself. I can help you with that. Is not hard. Just open a skin XML file and change the following values.

<VALUE name="Wire Outer Colour" val="#00772600"/>
<VALUE name="Wire Inner Colour" val="#009d3300"/>
<VALUE name="Wire Inner Stroke" val="2.5"/>
<VALUE name="Wire Outer Stroke" val="3.0"/>

If you create a good set, I can include it as an alternative skin so every time you update you have this skin with you.

Colors are in AA RR GG BB format (Alpha, RGB) in Hexadecimal. Just use any graphical editor to find a color and put there with FF in the front, for the alpha. FF will be solid, and 00 fully transparent.

As for different sound, I will need to investigate, anything you can do to help me out I would be glad.

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 pm Ok, you can change in the skin files yourself. I can help you with that. Is not hard. Just open a skin XML file and change the following values.

<VALUE name="Wire Outer Colour" val="#00772600"/>
<VALUE name="Wire Inner Colour" val="#009d3300"/>
<VALUE name="Wire Inner Stroke" val="2.5"/>
<VALUE name="Wire Outer Stroke" val="3.0"/>

If you create a good set, I can include it as an alternative skin so every time you update you have this skin with you.

Colors are in AA RR GG BB format (Alpha, RGB) in Hexadecimal. Just use any graphical editor to find a color and put there with FF in the front, for the alpha. FF will be solid, and 00 fully transparent.
OK, I will give it a try tomorrow. What are the Wire Inner Stroke, and Wire Outer Stroke, and what's the meaning of those values?
Fernando (FMR)

The number of pixels of the wire width. Just play around with higher numbers and you will see what happens. Internally it draws two wires, with the different colours. So it makes a sort of "shade". So think like this, two wires drawing on top of each other. The higher the stroke the "fatter" the wire will be.

WilliamK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 pm The number of pixels of the wire width. Just play around with higher numbers and you will see what happens. Internally it draws two wires, with the different colours. So it makes a sort of "shade". So think like this, two wires drawing on top of each other. The higher the stroke the "fatter" the wire will be.
OK, now I think I got it. Time to perform some experiments. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Running into problems with beta 108.
Any attempt to add a vst effect freezes EVE and Reaper requiring a reboot (64 bit EVE vst2 in Reaper 64).
Will get some crash logs shortly.
JohnK

Ok, thanks. Don't forget to tell which VSTs you are trying and if the included ones works.

Thanks William,
Out the door but will get back. Only used plugins like the mda rotary and the quad reverb and tried the mda overdrive, nothing third party not included in the installation. Will try on different machines.
John

William, I am trying to keep up with the latest Betas for Wusik V9.

Today I got the Absynth, Dimension Pro and Rapture sound libraries playing nicely together in a Wusik Extended folder I created in the Shared folder.

And as a bonus Dimension Pro and Rapture now share the same Multisamples folder.

I will play around with this for a while and then make a page with instructions and screenshots.

It adds almost another 5 GB to Wusik V9 source sounds.

Wow, that's great! :cool: :party: I'm glad this is working correctly.

Here's a crash log, or a hang log for beta 108 trying to load a vst, tried several of the mda supplied effects only. Hope this will help some. Nothing in the security panel as the log suggests to check.
Reinstalled beta 94 and all works well. Had deleted other betas, but think this did come about with 108.

Source: Application Hang
Date: 12/12/2018 3:27:17 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Baba
Log Name: Application
Description:
The program reaper.exe version 5.9.6.2 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 27f4
Start Time: 01d49271d16b84b3
Termination Time: 60000
Application Path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Report Id: 4a5fffed-fe65-11e8-8138-c81f6619e260
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>