DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Willing to pay 49 USD, unwilling to pay 79 USD? The difference is about what I pay for a two-person-dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, and that would be a one time only experience. I decided to eat some peanuts, drink fresh water and buy Dune 3 tonight.

Hadrondrift wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm Willing to pay 49 USD, unwilling to pay 79 USD? The difference is about what I pay for a two-person-dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, and that would be a one time only experience. I decided to eat some peanuts, drink fresh water and buy Dune 3 tonight.
How about that second person of the two-person dinner? Old bread and tap water?

Richard_Synapse wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:39 am We have updated Dune 3 to version 3.01.

This fixes the resize issue in Studio One and Bitwig reported here earlier, i.e. it is no longer necessary to close/reopen the GUI when changing the skin size. The problem with the Wavetable editor crashing is fixed as well. It took us a while to find a configuration where it crashed at all, but fortunately we could reproduce it at last. :)

Richard
The demo version is still the old version with the bugs (or the file version was not updated)?

Does the full version remember the skin setting or also return to default every time I launch a new instance?
(By the way, I don't think that parameter should be called Skin, but GUI Size. To me Skin suggests different color schemes etc.)

Hadrondrift wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm Willing to pay 49 USD, unwilling to pay 79 USD? The difference is about what I pay for a two-person-dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, and that would be a one time only experience. I decided to eat some peanuts, drink fresh water and buy Dune 3 tonight.
Yeah, you can still enjoy Dune 3 in 2020, try that with Chinese food you buy today :hihi:

4damind wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:39 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:39 am We have updated Dune 3 to version 3.01.

This fixes the resize issue in Studio One and Bitwig reported here earlier, i.e. it is no longer necessary to close/reopen the GUI when changing the skin size. The problem with the Wavetable editor crashing is fixed as well. It took us a while to find a configuration where it crashed at all, but fortunately we could reproduce it at last. :)

Richard
The demo version is still the old version with the bugs (or the file version was not updated)?
I'm guessing it's new anyway.
The demo version has a new file size, and hasn't crashed yet here (which is new ;)
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

SynthRatings wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:43 pm
4damind wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Richard
I'm guessing it's new anyway.
The demo version has a new file size, and hasn't crashed yet here (which is new ;)
Hehe, this would be new indeed ;) Lets give it a try...

Click on the Synapse Audio logo below the middle screen, and it should show the version number. :)

The Synapse Audio logo... where the magic happens :hihi:
(3.01)

Why is the MSEGs' default time resolution 0.97ms instead of 1ms when not in sync mode? Seems a strange value 8)

Stefken wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:33 pm
How about that second person of the two-person dinner? Old bread and tap water?

maybe rather than lowering the upgrade price, richard should start a charity with the profits
"chinese food for dune 3 widows"

hey which one of these little led images do i change to make it purple, there's four of them in here. :lol:

It might be more useful if envelope times were shown in ms and s, instead of %, especially since they are not linear.

Just dropping comments on stuff I notice, I hope Dick doesn't mind :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm It might be more useful if envelope times were shown in ms and s, instead of %, especially since they are not linear.
i used to think that, because some synths had it. Then i realised there wasnt a single occasion i set the knobs to a specific time as i used my ears to shape the sound.

can you give an example of where it would be useful?

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm It might be more useful if envelope times were shown in ms and s, instead of %, especially since they are not linear.
i used to think that, because some synths had it. Then i realised there wasnt a single occasion i set the knobs to a specific time as i used my ears to shape the sound.

can you give an example of where it would be useful?
id prefer pictures of cats, going from a frowny face to a smiley face depending on how it sounds :)
feature request!

Return to “Instruments”