FL Studio 20.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BNH0EsyuXU

WHAT'S NEW
  • Playlist Track Mode - Organize projects and speed workflow by grouping a Channel Instrument, Playlist Track and Mixer track. Changes to the name, color and or icon of any member in the group will ripple throughout the chain. Alternatively, drop instrument and effect plugins or audio files on Playlist Track headers.
  • Tools > Macros > Reset empty playlist tracks - Reset all unused Playlist tracks to default color, icons and name.
  • Improved Audio Recording - Link Playlist Tracks to Mixer Tracks and their input, so audio is recorded to the selected Playlist Track Track. Follow-up recordings are added as sub-tracks of the parent Playlist Track. Armed Input Mixer Tracks now show orange faders to better display their state. Pre/Post Effects Recording - Click the Input Menu icon to choose Pre/Post FX recording.
  • Stepsequencer Channel Looping - Channels in the same Pattern, with shorter lengths, will loop to make up the difference. This restores looping behavior from FL Studio 11, and includes new advanced options, to allow control of per-Pattern, per-Channel looping and loop-length for polyrhythmic patterns.
  • Stepsequencer - The maximum step-count has been increased from 64 to 512.
  • Channel Rack Menu > Set swingmix - Set the Swing Mix control values simultaneously for the selected Channels.
  • Show complete piano roll preview - Channel Rack menu option to show all the notes in patterns, rather than just the number of bars visible in the Stepsequencer.
  • Channel Rack Close icon - Can also be closed with the (Esc) key.
  • Plugin Window- ON (Mute) - Switch has been added to the Wrapper Settings for Instrument and Effects plugins (including Right-click menu options). Mix Level has been added in place of the VOL knob, on the Wrapper Settings, when effects are in use.
  • General Settings - New 'Check for updates' option at startup.
  • Mono export - Mono audio file export.
  • CPU & Memory Panel - 'View FPS' shows the FL Studio GUI frame-rate.
  • Project Information- Extended project statistics (bottom of panel).
  • 55 x "Minimal Kick" Samples - Browser > Packs > Drums > Kicks > Minimal Kick 01 to 55.
  • ZGameEditor Visualizer - Video export wizard (beta).
  • Akai FL Studio FIRE- Stepsequencer-looping workflow enhancements (Set Channel loop-length & burn to Pattern).
See the manual here

TIP: If you are using your Lifetime Free Updates and are updating from FL Studio 11 or 12, check the video tutorial here.
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Really appreciate that you guys just keep plugging away.

Gets more complex by the day
Sounds very interesting then I sit down and try and think wtf
How do I do this this this this this etc

A huge thank you for bringing back step sequencer looping and adding features to it. Your efforts will not have been in vain. I swear it.

gremlinmoon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 pm A huge thank you for bringing back step sequencer looping and adding features to it. Your efforts will not have been in vain. I swear it.
Yeah, this has always been the main draw to FLS for me - getting ideas quickly going in step sequencer. This update really makes that part of the workflow again really good.
No signature here!

unreal!! wow, those looping features!
And the playlist stuff sounds really interesting too. Will check it out now :D
Thanks!
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

bundoo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 am Gets more complex by the day
Sounds very interesting then I sit down and try and think wtf
How do I do this this this this this etc
Looking at Youtube videos of experienced FL producers, it's obvious that you can work *extremely* fast in FL Studio.

However every time I try it I feel the same way. It feels like there are a bunch of extra steps compared to a regular DAW, where you just paint/record whatever you want straight into the arrangement without taking any detours to other windows like channel racks or mixers or pattern editors.

Looking good! It's delightful that y'all are implementing the linear DAW features that so many of us have been wanting! I'm waiting for the imminent bugfix update, then will download and take it for a spin.

Fl studio has still the snappiest, easiest and best piano roll.

Im still testing s1. Bitwig and reaper and it us shocking how bad theirs are.
The multitool in fl studio is easy and logic. And this is still missing in the others. Why cant i configure my own tool how it reacts? Etc

Really a pain that in 2018 still nothin reaches fl studio. Too bad fl 20 sucks for me and freezes a lot. Before i had also probs but not like this and instead they add compatibility options etc. They add more shiny options....

Make piano rolls like fl studio @others!!!! And then i guess i dont need to look back anymore
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Can't believe you've removed Rebirth file support.

You soulless monsters...

:hihi:
eh?

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 amToo bad fl 20 sucks for me and freezes a lot. Before i had also probs but not like this and instead they add compatibility options etc.
Are you using Win98?
eh?

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am Fl studio has still the snappiest, easiest and best piano roll.

Im still testing s1. Bitwig and reaper and it us shocking how bad theirs are.
The multitool in fl studio is easy and logic. And this is still missing in the others. Why cant i configure my own tool how it reacts?
Pretty sure in Reaper at least you can configure it how you like. I've seen people say they can get it exactly like in FL or even better.

So still no developments for Mac users of their plugins?

Dunbar wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 amToo bad fl 20 sucks for me and freezes a lot. Before i had also probs but not like this and instead they add compatibility options etc.
Are you using Win98?
No. Win95
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

What the fastest way to bounce a synth and chop sections to different channels?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”