What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:55 pm What movie?

What is the point of making music when few people want to hear it? 8)
Because that's how music works.

Music is art, not a business, although business cultures thrive on the ignorance and lowest common denominator tastes and desires of the masses. Hence, business culture slowly degenerates creativity over time, whereas artistic culture flourishes creativity over time.

Popular music turns art into a business, so long as there are artists to keep the business alive.
<List your stupid gear here>

BONES wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 am My opinions are objective and based in the real world, formed by experience. They don't exist simply as a means of justifying an obvious bias. Is it really too much to expect the same from others?
sheer comedy. :party:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ex Machina

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:07 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:58 pm the importance of such subcultures is not to be sniffed at.
the kids listening to bones today, they're more likely to be the radical thinkers of the future than the "i listen to whatever im told to by the djs on the radio" losers.
:lol:

I like BONES' music BTW. :) Dunno, always had a soft spot for gothic/industrial. Even though i never listened to it consciously.
I'll listen to anything but rap or reggae. Though I do like Linkin Park.
Yeah… my horizon has widened too, since i'm not a narrow-minded juvenile anymore. :)

@jancivil: Please, not that kind of niveau. Or do you want to be reminded of how Americans used to treat black people? Or Amerindians. Or...
I'm not being political; the popularity was as wide by 1934 regarding Der Führer that I would say 'where most people were' in that locality. It's the example of the fallacy <argument to the popularity>.

There's an old comedic bit I cannot find on the 'net anymore where someone says to his mate (it's British, not that I go around saying 'mate' ever) something, 'we need to do more to appeal to the general public' and the other guy in the act says "The general public voted for Hitler and likes Coldplay."

The last time I used that, expecting it to be seen as humorous someone called "Godwin's Law" on it. Which it can't be because that's about a thread degenerating into someone being called Hitler.

The fallacy there is creating a straw man of my awareness regarding where I live, besides missing the point.
We have Donald J Trump FFS, come on! And that is not for debate or anything, I'm not going there, just_sayin'.

It's not at any level particularly, except as an example of the failure of reasoning to assert 'where most people are is only ever purely positive'.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:07 pmOr do you want to be reminded of how Americans used to treat black people? Or Amerindians. Or...
Used to?

Because the person making it likes to make it.

Like the postings of some members here. For example, do you write your posts the way you do to appeal to the majority here at kvr? Or do you just write what you want to write?

pdxindy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:07 pmOr do you want to be reminded of how Americans used to treat black people? Or Amerindians. Or...
Used to?
Well, yeah, used to. There's no slavery anymore, right? Or burned blacks.

Anyway, don't want to steer this to HPC. Just wondered where the need is to come with nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all.

trees suck balls!

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm trees suck balls!
I saw a sign advertising bio Christmas trees today. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm trees suck balls!
I saw a sign advertising bio Christmas trees today. :lol:
:lol:

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:23 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm
Used to?
Well, yeah, used to. There's no slavery anymore, right? Or burned blacks.

Anyway, don't want to steer this to HPC. Just wondered where the need is to come with nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all.
No, now they are thrown in prison... oh yeah and made to work... sounds somewhat familiar

And the Native Americans? they live in concentration camps

"nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all."

I've explained the point of it, which shouldn't need explaining except you don't want the reminder of it so you impugn my integrity following that apparently it's an affront to you. If DJT was approved of by "most people" I would use that.
It's the one thing I can come up with off the top of my head which fits both "most people like(d)" and "not at all good".
There is no music more than 50% of people like I can think of.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isn’t this off-topic now...

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:00 pm

well, why do you make music then?
you don't even share yours.

bones has played to rooms full of people.
Currently I don't make music, one reason being just that: I don't want to make music without lyrics and a message.

Sure, every genre has its fans. Still, play his music to 100 random people in the pedestrian zone and you will find that maybe 5% like it, probably even less than that.

Examigan wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm Isn’t this off-topic now...
Utterly :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”