DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

No worries. :)

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:35 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 pm I must have misunderstood what they were trying to say. I thought someone was saying D3 couldn't do attack times more than 5 seconds.
I think you've misunderstood that.
So what were you saying and why did someone respond that 5 second attack time was ridiculous ? :?
That was FLS with his usual "I don't need this functionality in a synth" remark.

Truth is, give him a truly polyphonic Minimoog and I think that would be more than he'd ever use in a synth. Not even sure why he got Sylenth1 as that has way more in it than he uses.

There are certainly simpler synths out that that can give him that vanilla old school sound that he likes.

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:21 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm It might be more useful if envelope times were shown in ms and s, instead of %, especially since they are not linear.
What difference would that make? It's something you do by ear, not with a calculator.
Hard to say. Maybe I was simply looking for some sort of orientation as the knobs are so different from sliders, they seem to cover only 270° of the full circle. I just don't like knobs for envelopes :P
Seriously? Can you explain what difference it makes when the mouse movement to alter either is EXACTLY THE SAME?
I use both, value readout and ears.

I am a visual person, I am used to using sliders for envelopes. A knob scale, which isn't even 360°, but 270° or so, looks and feels different than a straight linear slider scale.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 pm I must have misunderstood what they were trying to say. I thought someone was saying D3 couldn't do attack times more than 5 seconds.
So what were you saying and why did someone respond that 5 second attack time was ridiculous ? :?
That was FLS with his usual "I don't need this functionality in a synth" remark.

Truth is, give him a truly polyphonic Minimoog and I think that would be more than he'd ever use in a synth. Not even sure why he got Sylenth1 as that has way more in it than he uses.

There are certainly simpler synths out that that can give him that vanilla old school sound that he likes.
Stop stalking me and putting words into my mouth, I didn't say anything like that.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:50 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Stop stalking me and putting words into my mouth, I didn't say anything like that.
Awww, did somebody not have their Cheerios this morning? :lol:

All kidding aside, you don't use WTs, PM, RM, Supersaws, or just about anything beyond a simple sawtooth or square/pulse wave for your sounds. So the truth is, a polyphonic Minimoog would be a perfect synth for you.

No? Am I wrong?

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:13 pm I mentioned that i find it useful when the envelope stages show how many seconds they're long, because i often use about 5 or 6 seconds attack time.
you can calibrate your attack knob, i found 80 for 4,1 s and 85 for 7,7, so sweet spot is between these values

Actually those are the values it usually comes down for me for pads sounds as well. :)

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm All kidding aside, you don't use WTs, PM, RM, Supersaws, or just about anything beyond a simple sawtooth or square/pulse wave for your sounds. So the truth is, a polyphonic Minimoog would be a perfect synth for you.

No? Am I wrong?
Stop turning this into yet another off-topic thread, it is not about me.
We were talking about a specific aspect of Dune 3...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:39 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm All kidding aside, you don't use WTs, PM, RM, Supersaws, or just about anything beyond a simple sawtooth or square/pulse wave for your sounds. So the truth is, a polyphonic Minimoog would be a perfect synth for you.

No? Am I wrong?
So the answer is I'm not wrong. Thanks for confirming that.

Back to Dune 3 and a synth that you already said has more than you need and won't be getting it.

Boggles my mind why you're even in this thread.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:41 pm

No? Am I wrong?
So the answer is I'm not wrong. Thanks for confirming that.

Back to Dune 3 and a synth that you already said has more than you need and won't be getting it.

Boggles my mind why you're even in this thread.
I have been demoing it for a few days, just like many other people here. And I post my observations, just like many other people. It's none of your business what I do and why I do it. Get a life...

calm down
you've already broke the sylenth thread.

No? Am I wrong?
Dude there is probably one page of relevant comments in this thread at the moment so let's not start discussing what is off-topic and what isn't.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 pm calm down
you've already broke the sylenth thread.
Nope. It was the silly Nazi talk by certain people...
I am not the one who is off-topic in this thread, either...

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 pm DUNE 3 is now available!

A major evolution of DUNE is finally available: DUNE 3! The new version adds many frequently requested features and comes with a new beautiful Full HD skin (in various sizes)!

Link to the product page:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html

Screenshots (Large size):
https://www.synapse-audio.com/layout/sc ... .oscva.jpg [Main View/Keyboard]
https://www.synapse-audio.com/layout/sc ... rpmseg.jpg [Arp/MSEG]

Dual filter

The revised filter section in Dune 3 now sports a dual multimode filter plus an insert effect. Different routing modes like serial/parallel and seamless blend via the Balance knob allow for unlimited creative input! New filter types have been added as well, and include zero-delay feedback filters derived from our latest analog modeling technology. For creative applications, new insert effects like the formant/vowel filter or phaser greatly increase the range of sound design possibilities.

Dual Arpeggiator

Two arpeggiator units instead of just one greatly increase the sound design capabilities of DUNE 3. The Arpeggiators can be programmed independently and support both classic Up/Down arps, as well as playing back different sequences or even MIDI files. Furthermore, new features like the Random mode or programmable Arp Hold make the arpeggiator more powerful than ever before!

Improved oscillators

At the heart of DUNE 3 are its powerful oscillator blocks. DUNE 3 supports VA, FM and Wavetable synthesis. With a maximum reserve of 8320 oscillators at full polyphony, DUNE 3 is a true unison monster, unlikely to ever run out of oscillators. New in DUNE 3 is the "Swarm" mode, an evolution of the classic Supersaw oscillator. Each oscillator gets its own subtle modulation in this mode, breathing a lot more life into the sound than possible previously!

Lots of new FX

DUNE 3 offers many new effect algorithms in all categories, Distortion, Dynamics, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Delay and Reverb. One of the most important additions is the new Equalizer, which sports technology from our GQ-7 Graphic Equalizer rack extension.

Designed as a professional mixing and mastering equalizer, the new EQ offers four bands with high-quality parametric and shelving EQs, plus two additional low- and high cut filters with variable slopes. All filters in the EQ are designed to handle modulation without artifacts, such that the EQ can be used for creative purposes outside the realm of traditional EQ applications.

Another great new effect algorithm is the new Shimmer Hall, an exclusive feature of DUNE 3 - ideal for lush ambient sounds, wonderful pads and leads!

Wavetable Editor

The new Wavetable editor introduced in DUNE 3 is one of the most powerful around. Waveforms can be created via free-hand drawing, segments, a dedicated partial editor or by entering formulas. A variety of functions like morphing, fade in/out, normalize, DC remove, Invert/Reverse make creating new wavetables a breeze. Waveforms and Wavetables can be imported and exported in WAV format and are thus compatible with a wide range of third party software.

Many detail improvements

Other than the major features, DUNE 3 comes with many detail improvements, such as:
  • Undo/Redo for patch editing, as well as the Wavetable Editor
  • MSEG Presets
  • HD Skins
  • Improved polyphonic LFOs, the LFO phase is no longer fixed to zero on each keypress
  • New LFO shape "Random Pulse". Similar to S+H, but random in time
  • "Alternate" source in the Mod Matrix which toggles its state on each keypress
  • "FX Chain Pan" destination in the Mod Matrix allows to pan the two effect busses
  • Performance improvements, some DUNE 2 patches need substantially less CPU
NKS Approved

Like its predecessor, DUNE 3 is NKS-ready. It features support for the LightGuide and its factory library is automatically integrated into Maschine, Komplete Kontrol etc., with all presets properly tagged and a custom parameter map.

DUNE 2 compatibility

Despite the many additions, DUNE 3 is fully patch-compatible with DUNE 2 and contains its entire factory library. Now the total factory library exceeds 1000 patches, all nicely sorted into categories like Arp, Bass, Lead, Pads, Textures etc.

Formats & Pricing

DUNE 3 is available in VST, Audio Unit (32-bit, 64-bit) and AAX (64-bit) formats, for Windows and OS X. It can be purchased for $179 on our shop page, DUNE 2 users can upgrade for only $79:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/shop.html

As always a free 30-day trial is available on the product page:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html
I'm tired of babysitting this thread, I'm tired of 90+ notifications in one day because you people cant stay on topic

THAT IS THE TOPIC STAY ON IT
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”